Resident Evil 4 (REmake)

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I downloaded the DLC earlier this morning. I have not started the DLC campaign yet, but I did play a little bit of the Mercenaries mode. Ada is fun. I already unlocked Wesker, but I haven't gotten a chance to play him yet. I have to go to work in the morning. I will be playing campaign when I get home.

Last edited:

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
@BrawlMan did you ever Plat the remake? Any speedrun videos to recommend as guides? Needs to be New Game and no glitches since I'm on console. I'm missing Standard S+ an Hardcore S+.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
@BrawlMan did you ever Plat the remake?
Nope, I usually don't go for many Platinums. 170 hours in and still no Platinum.

Any speedrun videos to recommend as guides? I'm missing Standard S+ an Hardcore S+.
Nada unfortunately. You're own your own and just going to have to check YouTube vids that don't involve glitching.

I do appreciate you for asking. Right now, I am currently playing Separate Ways. These chapters ain't short either, aside from the first. Currently on Chapter 4.

Reactions: Johnny Novgorod

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Separate Ways Remake complete! What a DLC! Aside from Chapter 1 and 2, each stage is about an hour or an 1 and a half long long. Not bad for $9.99. I appreciate the unlockable costumes you get after getting the game. Looks even further like RE5R is going to be a thing at some point. SWR makes OG SW look like a joke. I noticed in this DLC, is that Ada has more emotional range in her voice here. I never had a problem with Gao's performance and I know she is more of a regular actress than a voice actress, but the lady can act and her performance is better here in the new cut-scenes and dialogue that plays. Another cool thing I noticed is that the cut-scenes are a lot more stylish here, compared the main campaign, and invoke the feelings of OG RE4. So if anyone had complaints (I didn't) about the action cut-scenes in the main campaign, you'll get what you want here.

Needs to be New Game and no glitches since I'm on console. I'm missing Standard S+ an Hardcore S+.
I just thought of something: if you get all S Ranks for Leon in Mercenaries, you can get the Handcannon. Provided you saved at least 1,000 credits when purchasing it at the Extras Shop. Buying the Handcannon allows you to take it in New Game or NG+. It's exclusive upgrade allows the gun to have infinite ammo. Try that, it should work.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The remake was actually pretty good, but we don't need to do the original's 12+ re-releases and editions.
I agree but we all saw this coming. They did Gold Editions for RE7 and RE8, so it's not surprising here. Good thing for me I didn't need all the dlc. I got the costumes I wanted, and anything else is just extra fluff I don't care for. People bought the last Gold Editions, so it's going to be no different here. If I do ever decide to pick this up, it'll be at a really cheap price just say I have it.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
A whole year later lol. Must be a new record for soonest one of these.
Listening to J's end speech at the video, I don't care what RE comes next. I'm excited either way like he is. More than likely, if anything gets announced later this year, it will be RE9 next. I do know they're going back to 3rd person camera view. Thank God.

Whenever Capcom does get to RE5R, I want them to add more melee options like they did in OG RE5. Keep the knife parry, but get rid of durability, yet nerf the power of the knife. Add in some more or unique double team button prompt attacks when using Chris or Sheva. I'd say make Sheva the focal point character, instead of Chris. Any ideas you would like to add in RE5R, whatever potential remake, or something in RE9 @hanselthecaretaker2, @NerfedFalcon, @Johnny Novgorod, @CriticalGaming, , @Silvanus, and @PsychedelicDiamond?

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2