Resident Evil 6 Is Capcom's Biggest Game Yet

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
I see they're sticking with the whole "Leon is a specially trained secret agent" thing when in 2 he was a rookie cop with the worst first day ever. And Chris Redfield still looks like he strapped a couple hams to every muscle he could. Is it me, or is RE just parodying itself now, and not in a good way?

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
Judging by how Revelations works (moving between the main game as you explore the most claustrophobic as hell innards of a ship and more spacious shootouts in the shoes of a cameo character acting out their story), I think they might have hit a good balance as far as gameplay goes. You can have both the power trips of machine gunning the shambling hordes on the side, and still be forced to manage a miniscule amount of ammunition during dangerous situations in the main character's story arc since they're separate situations.

Feb 9, 2011
Arsen said:
I want my limited ammunition, my puzzles, and my stunning architectural design back...and I want it now!

Grrr.
Ditto. Resident Evil 4/5 were entertaining, but when you carry more guns and ammo than an entire military company...that's not horror.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
wintercoat said:
I see they're sticking with the whole "Leon is a specially trained secret agent" thing when in 2 he was a rookie cop with the worst first day ever. And Chris Redfield still looks like he strapped a couple hams to every muscle he could. Is it me, or is RE just parodying itself now, and not in a good way?
Que? Leon was picked up by the Secret Service after the Raccoon City incident. He WAS a rookie cop during the RC outbreak, but became a special agent later.

Dr. Pepper Unlimited said:
Arsen said:
I want my limited ammunition, my puzzles, and my stunning architectural design back...and I want it now!

Grrr.
Ditto. Resident Evil 0/2/3/CV/4/5 were entertaining, but when you carry more guns and ammo than an entire military company...that's not horror.
Fixed that for you. It's like I'm the only person who remembered the infinite ammo SMG, more ammo than was needed to kill every enemy in the game and more, and Extreme Battle Arena from RE2.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
totally heterosexual said:
I love how people are still trying the pass the old resident evil games as "TRUE SURVIVAL HORROR GAMES" when you would always have the right amount of ammo for ever part and the games consisted entirely of cheap jump scares.

Not to tmention they were really bad all around (until re4 anyway)
The Resident Evil games ARE true survival horror games. RE1 coined the term 'survival horror'.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Domehammer said:
Six hundred people? Longest credits ever for a game possibly? Well done, there better be achievement for watching all of credits.
They did that with Matt Hazard I believe.

OT: I'm very hesitant about this. I loved RE4 but 5 took all I loved about it and threw it aside. The inventory was absolute shit too. Plus Ashley is back and we all LOVED her. I hope five hundred of the staff are just working on her A.I. not being annoying. It looks fun and interesting but if the gameplay doesn't hold up then it means nothing. At the most, right now I'm excited that Leon is back. I hope Capcom proves me wrong.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Resident Evil - Shinji Mikami = Not worth my time.

The only good Resi 's were made by him, and I don't see that changing with Resident Gears of War.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
EHKOS said:
Domehammer said:
Six hundred people? Longest credits ever for a game possibly? Well done, there better be achievement for watching all of credits.

OT: I'm very hesitant about this. I loved RE4 but 5 took all I loved about it and threw it aside. The inventory was absolute shit too. Plus Ashley is back and we all LOVED her. I hope five hundred of the staff are just working on her A.I. not being annoying. It looks fun and interesting but if the gameplay doesn't hold up then it means nothing. At the most, right now I'm excited that Leon is back. I hope Capcom proves me wrong.
IGN and the Resident Evil wiki say that the girl with the Mercenary is Sherry Birkin, not Ashley. Apparently Ashley isn't going to be appearing in 6.

ToMegaTherion

Mar 22, 2009
Re 4 gameplay with minor changes + zombies + dark atmoshere = Re 6? I sure hope so, because that sounds frickin' sweet

Olly Dinkle

Jan 17, 2012
Is it just me or do they seem to be trying to reboot the series.

It seems to me like they have run out of ideas now that Wekser has supposedly died (again) so now they are trying to literally redo Raccoon city again all so they can recycle the various elements of the RE universe.

Still looks like it would be fun to play though, provided you don't go in expecting a survival horror game.

I really hope I am wrong about the story.

The Rascal King

Aug 13, 2009
This looks cool and all, but I am confused as fuck. Does the plot like shift time periods of the whole outbreak? Who is the mercenary dude? ALSO HOLY SHITBALLS IS THAT NEMESIS AND ASHLEY?! ARE YOU FUCKING TELLING ME LEON IS BEING CHASED BY A HULKING MONSTER WHILE BABYSITTING THE PRESIDENTS DAUGHTER EVEN THOUGH HE DOESN'T HAVE TO GIVE A FUCK ABOUT HER ANYMORE?

Ah god, this will be the most shameful purchase I'll ever make, and I've bought Shadow the Hedgehog.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Kopikatsu said:
EHKOS said:
Domehammer said:

IGN and the Resident Evil wiki say that the girl with the Mercenary is Sherry Birkin, not Ashley. Apparently Ashley isn't going to be appearing in 6.
Really? I could have sworn that was her voice....oh well, better for us then.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
I'm pretty excited to see how this game turns out
that being said, it better be a damn long game with 4 full and complete parts!

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Looks like it's one to look out for at least, even it isn't 'True survival horror' it still looks pretty interesting.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
CardinalPiggles said:
Looks like it's one to look out for at least, even it isn't 'True survival horror' it still looks pretty interesting.
You do realize that Resident Evil was the series that coined the term 'survival horror', right? If you want to know what true survival horror is...look at the RE series.