Resident Evil 6 Is Capcom's Biggest Game Yet

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
I always go into resident evil games hoping that it will be a good un'. I have yet to get that good un' feeling. But 6 looks hella' promising, I must say.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Kopikatsu said:
CardinalPiggles said:
Looks like it's one to look out for at least, even it isn't 'True survival horror' it still looks pretty interesting.
You do realize that Resident Evil was the series that coined the term 'survival horror', right? If you want to know what true survival horror is...look at the RE series.
And are you sure it wasn't just fanboys calling it that, rather than Capcom themselves? (I don't actually know I'm just trying to keep an open mind).

At the end of the day, it's their IP, they can do with it and call it what they want.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
CardinalPiggles said:
Kopikatsu said:
CardinalPiggles said:
Looks like it's one to look out for at least, even it isn't 'True survival horror' it still looks pretty interesting.
You do realize that Resident Evil was the series that coined the term 'survival horror', right? If you want to know what true survival horror is...look at the RE series.
And are you sure it wasn't just fanboys calling it that, rather than Capcom themselves? (I don't actually know I'm just trying to keep an open mind).

At the end of the day, it's their IP, they can do with it and call it what they want.
It was in the trailer for RE1, which is the first time the term 'survival horror' was ever used. CAPCOM invented the term/genre. I tried to Youtube up the trailer, but I just kept getting the trailers for the first movie. Which was the only one that was even slightly acceptable.

Googling 'Survival Horror' and/or RE would probably have better results.

Cyrus Hanley

Oct 13, 2010
EHKOS said:
Kopikatsu said:
EHKOS said:
Domehammer said:
Six hundred people? Longest credits ever for a game possibly? Well done, there better be achievement for watching all of credits.
They did that with Matt Hazard I believe.

OT: I'm very hesitant about this. I loved RE4 but 5 took all I loved about it and threw it aside. The inventory was absolute shit too. Plus Ashley is back and we all LOVED her. I hope five hundred of the staff are just working on her A.I. not being annoying. It looks fun and interesting but if the gameplay doesn't hold up then it means nothing. At the most, right now I'm excited that Leon is back. I hope Capcom proves me wrong.
IGN and the Resident Evil wiki say that the girl with the Mercenary is Sherry Birkin, not Ashley. Apparently Ashley isn't going to be appearing in 6.
Really? I could have sworn that was her voice....oh well, better for us then.
It's not uncommon for voice actors to provide the voices for different characters throughout a single series.

Hell, look at the entire Metal Gear series. David Hayter is Solid/Old Snake and Naked Snake/Big Boss. Christopher Randolph is Otacon and Huey.

Okay, those probably weren't good examples, but Jennifer Hale was Naomi Hunter and Emma Emmerich. Greg Eagles was Donald Anderson/Decoy Octopus, Gray Fox and Peter Stillman.

And those are just the English voice actors...

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
As long as they drop the banana-faces and go back to good ol' zombies i'll wish Capcom luck.

Seriously, the banana-face parasite storyline is terrible.