Resident Evil 6

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Manji187 said:
Looks like Resident Evil is infected with the G(ears of War)-Virus.
Resident Evil 4 came out way before Gears of War was even thought of, I'd venture to say. And this is still using those same basic mechanics. So...huh?

PleasantKenobi

Nov 9, 2010
I haven't read the entire thread but there seems to be an air of pessimism not unusual for video game forums surroudning this thread.

Personally, I think it looks 'shit hot'. Multiple plot lines/narratives? Yes please! Varied gameplay for each playable cahracter? Yes please! Return to actual T-Virus? Yes please!

My biggest concern is that one of the different 'play styles' of the characters will not be up to par with the rest of the game. Think, Sonic Unleashed werewolf terrible werewolf bits juxtaposed against the pretty good standard Sonic sections.

Time will tell, but a very good trailer. Out of 10, I would give this trailer a 'rad'.

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
Okay, so let's set this straight:

We've got a scenario that follows Ingrid's [http://residentevil.wikia.com/Leon_Kennedy] back for moral support.

Beards [http://residentevil.wikia.com/Chris_Redfield]... wait his name is fucking Beards?

It's the mystery guy I'm concerned with. He's jabbing himself with needles like Wesker and apparently his blood is important. He's either the mystery 12th Wesker Child Billy [http://residentevil.wikia.com/Alex_Wesker], it kind of sounds like Billy at least. The problem is that the only distinguishing features are his voice and the scar on his cheek. Well we haven't seen Billy in just over a decade and we've never had a good enough look at HUNK's face to see if he has a scar or not.

Also the blond girl hanging out with him might just be Ashley. Certainly sounds like her, but it has been four years since we saw her last so she's probably grown since then. Though why she'd be helping the mystery man is unknown.

The Wykydtron said:
Pfft. Please, as if a little trifle like death could stop Wesker! Besides i'm sure a fall into a lava flow is totally survivable...

What i really mean is i'm hoping Capcom pulls a fast one and writes Wesker back in. Just make him all scarred and say he was saved by his sexy voice... Or that he just crawled onto a rock or something
Resident Evil 6 is only 10 years after Raccoon City, making it 2008, a year before Resident Evil 5 and Wesker's death.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

ehem... The trailer looks pretty good, combining all aspects of the previous games, like traditional zombies with the newer intelligent ones seems like a smart move, not to mention that I'm certainly looking forward to seeing what kind of monstrosities we're facing now.

Gameplay wise, seems like a smart move to go full-on action, looks quite similar to Vanquish. The story, well, I don't care how ridiculous it is by now, I'm interested on seeing how the story develops.

Also... YAY, Leon! :D... meh, Chris... -_-'

Doneeee

Dec 27, 2011
TheDharmaFox said:
Glad to see my zombies and mutants again! I'm ok with this direction, at first I wasn't with RE5 and ORC was depressing me. But I guess I had a revelation, and my body is ready. Unfortunately, I'm willing to bet that they'll push it back to the spring of 2013 though, like RE5.
I agree with everything in this post. Anyways I for one can't wait for this game to come out!

SaetonChapelle

May 11, 2010
Im thinking the third main character might be Steve. Green right hand (glove? maybe, couldnt see), red hair, and a virus everyone seems to desire in his blood? Hmmm~

llew

Sep 9, 2009
looks alright, one thing i have to know though... does leon look like dante to anyone else?

team star pug

Sep 29, 2009
At first it looked like they might make the Leon sections slower paced zombie affairs, and the Chris section 3rd person squad based gameplay, but then Leon does a sliding tackle...

BleedingPride

Aug 10, 2009
resident evils 1 - everything havent scared me yet and they dont have to because they are all fantastic games, especially resident evil 4 during the village and castle sections (more so the village) this one looks really good im really up for this and also operations raccoon city for looking like relentless fun

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
At least they finally made a new game instead of capcom fapping off to resident evil 2 every time they make a "new" game

and is just me or ever since vanquish came it has it become a rule that a game has to have a slide mechanic?

Diablo2000

Tiger Robocop
Aug 29, 2010
SaetonChapelle said:
Im thinking the third main character might be Steve. Green right hand (glove? maybe, couldnt see), red hair, and a virus everyone seems to desire in his blood? Hmmm~
But Steve died... I find pretty dificult to believe that's him. But then again that's Capcom we are talking about. Anyway, I find Steve very annoying, so better off him dead.
The girl could be either Sherry or Ashley (They both should be about the same age). Ashley most likely, her father died so I guess that's fair that she get some importancy to the plot.(or at very least a mention)

And I think that all the scenarios will be Co-op somewhat. Only hope that will the single player will not suck as much like was in Resident Evil 5.
Azure-Supernova said:
The Wykydtron said:
Pfft. Please, as if a little trifle like death could stop Wesker! Besides i'm sure a fall into a lava flow is totally survivable...

What i really mean is i'm hoping Capcom pulls a fast one and writes Wesker back in. Just make him all scarred and say he was saved by his sexy voice... Or that he just crawled onto a rock or something
Resident Evil 6 is only 10 years after Raccoon City, making it 2008, a year before Resident Evil 5 and Wesker's death.
Well, that suck. I don't like prequels very much... Makes very easy to Capcom just retcon stuff. And it's Capcom, they will retcon stuff, very much so...
But I don't think Wesker will be the villain on this one, maybe I am wrong, without some more information about how this 3 main characters will work and if there story are indeed connect somehow we can just guess and I guess that very scenario will have it's own "main baddie"

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
I'm excited and cautiously optimistic at the same time. Resident Evil is one of my favorite series of all time, and I did enjoy Resident Evil 5, but I do miss the terror elements that RE4 and Code Veronica, ect, brought me. I've played the demo for the 3DS title, and that's pretty good, but we're not talking about that XD

I'm excited for Leon's elements (and may I fangirl for a minute and say 'Holy Shit he's some hot stuff in this game'.) As it brings back horror and Zombies. Actual Zombies! /cheers

Now, I am cautiously optimistic on the other play troughs as Chris, more cautious as the new guy (which, no offense to the people who say it's Steve, I think it's maybe somebody injected with Weskers DNA, seeing as Capcom announced he was related to a big Resident Evil character) and the woman they did announce was Sherry Birken. I just hope they don't make it Ashley-type missions.

The one thing that gets me iffy about those parts are the cover based mechanics and not really fighting zombies :/ but, seeing as I haven't seen all trailers, I'll leave it on 'no further comment.'

But yeah, I am preordering this as soon as I can get to a GameStop. I'm that excited.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
Rocklobster99 said:
This is a nice thread

We can't be having that

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/01/20/written-in-the-s-t-a-r-s-capcom-dreams-of-cod-fans-playing-res/

day 1 robbing a Gamestop
Almost too nice if you ask me. The Escapist seems to prefer companies broadening their audience instead of doing a game for a smaller demographic such as the fans.

Manji187

Jan 29, 2009
Frostbite3789 said:
Manji187 said:
Looks like Resident Evil is infected with the G(ears of War)-Virus.
Resident Evil 4 came out way before Gears of War was even thought of, I'd venture to say. And this is still using those same basic mechanics. So...huh?
I'm not talking about Resident Evil 4, I'm commenting on this trailer for RE 6 which shows Chris (?) running and then sliding towards a chest-high wall and taking cover behind it as part of what looks to be actual gameplay (around 2:45). If I remember correctly, RE4 and RE5 didn't allow the player to do that.

EDIT: maybe GoW isn't the most accurate comparison. Someone already mentioned Vanquish (Capcom game), which would explain the sliding.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
Manji187 said:
EDIT: maybe GoW isn't the most accurate comparison. Someone already mentioned Vanquish (Capcom game), which would explain the sliding.
Vanquish is a Platinum game that was published by Sega. I have a feeling that sliding will become the new time mechanic.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
If they do decide to make Chris's story more action-y, I hope they throw military-class BOWs at him. The files in RE5 mentioned that the BOWs Chris and Sheva were fighting were knockoffs of 'real' BOWs. U-8 for example. The file for him says that the military version of U-8 has impenetrable armor everywhere, including it's joints and mouth. Considering those were the only weak points of the U-8...the military U-8 would be freakin' hard core. You'd probably have to survive long enough until it starves to death.

AnotherAvatar

Sep 18, 2011
The trailer actually looked better than I thought. It seemed to be offering up the play style of 4 for Leon's levels, something closer to 5 meets Gears with Chris' levels, and who know's what's going on with the new guy aside from the Ashley like chick. Also the classic shambling zombie seemed to be present in some scenes, which is pretty much what I want to see more or.

Honestly I'm only really excited about how Leon's game looked as well, but so long as they don't force a retarded AI partner and give me back the suitcase of 4 then I'll probably be up for this game, however if I find out that's not the case I will rapidly loose interest.

You know, ever since they released 4, which I bought at launch and have repurchased many times (I'd love to buy it on PSN, but until they add the all too obvious Move support I'm going to boycott it, as I'm a Move owner who feels like I shouldn't have bought what they're clearly turning into a short-lived gimmick), I've wanted them to create a branch off series that plays like the old school games only with clever updates. While I love 4 and it's system, I really miss the cinematic camera angles, tight corridors, and shambling, relentless, corpses of the old school games.

Instead we get a series of on-rail shooters...

Basically: the original Evil took a lot of influence from Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead, which was great, I mean they still remain the best Zombie films of all time for a reason... I feel like modern Evil is taking it's cues from the Resident Evil movies, which is just fucking stupid as those movies suck. Like really really suck. If you disagree, then clearly didn't play Resident Evil 3, let me tell you it took a lot more than a supermodel to take out Nemesis, and the only reason Alice is so important in the movies is she's fucking the director, which by the way is how she gets most of her staring roles, including the Fifth Element...

Basically: I used to love this series, and it reached a beautiful peak on the Gamecube with REmake and 4, but now it's sort of just embarrassing to call myself a Resident Evil fan...

Manji187

Jan 29, 2009
TehCookie said:
Manji187 said:
Vanquish is a Platinum game that was published by Sega. I have a feeling that sliding will become the new time mechanic.
You're absolutely right. Heh, my mind is playing tricks on me. I knew that Vanquish was developed by several people who were responsible for RE 4 (among them Shinji Mikami) so the "conclusion" came easily.

By time mechanic you are referring to Max Payne's bullet time?