Resident Evil 6

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
Manji187 said:
TehCookie said:
Manji187 said:
EDIT: maybe GoW isn't the most accurate comparison. Someone already mentioned Vanquish (Capcom game), which would explain the sliding.
Vanquish is a Platinum game that was published by Sega. I have a feeling that sliding will become the new time mechanic.
You're absolutely right. Heh, my mind is playing tricks on me. I knew that Vanquish was developed by several people who were responsible for RE 4 (among them Shinji Mikami) so the "conclusion" came easily.

By time mechanic you are referring to Max Payne's bullet time?
Yeah, when it first came out it was unique and awesome but now every game has it. It's not a bad thing to add a fun mechanic to the game, and I think that sliding will follow the same pattern. If I'm extremely optimistic I'll hope that it might get the industry to move past slow cover based shooters.

IamGamer41

Mar 19, 2010
azzxl said:
I think the shaved head guy is Steve Burnside from Code Veronica.
Thats a good guess.Ive heard others say that is another of the Wesker children Spencer talked about.Even though he said that the only one to survive was Albert.

Michael Hirst

May 18, 2011
The first 10 seconds of the trailer looked great, dark, zombies etc. In fact all the section with Leon look great, looks like he's outnumbered and not armed well enough to fight all the zombies while the Chris portions look closer to Gears of War than Resident Evil.

At the end of the day though Capcom are a sinking ship pretty enthusiastic about ruining just about every good thing theiyhave to their name and I predict Resident Evil 6 will only be a continuation of this trend.

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
Leon's sections look good (from what insignificant gameplay we can scrap together). Fair mix of action and horror. Chris' bits look like a 3rd person CoD zombie mode, but that doesn't mean they'll be bad. The mystery character interests me, if only to find out who he is and his significance to the plot.

Waiting for more details, but tentatively kind of half looking forward to it.

Manji187

Jan 29, 2009
TehCookie said:
Manji187 said:
TehCookie said:
Manji187 said:
EDIT: maybe GoW isn't the most accurate comparison. Someone already mentioned Vanquish (Capcom game), which would explain the sliding.
Vanquish is a Platinum game that was published by Sega. I have a feeling that sliding will become the new time mechanic.
You're absolutely right. Heh, my mind is playing tricks on me. I knew that Vanquish was developed by several people who were responsible for RE 4 (among them Shinji Mikami) so the "conclusion" came easily.

By time mechanic you are referring to Max Payne's bullet time?
Yeah, when it first came out it was unique and awesome but now every game has it. It's not a bad thing to add a fun mechanic to the game, and I think that sliding will follow the same pattern. If I'm extremely optimistic I'll hope that it might get the industry to move past slow cover based shooters.
Yeah, but after hyper-mobility (sliding, crazy jumps, jet-pack flight and whatnot), where else to go for the cover based shooter?

EDIT: IMO it'll get whacky real fast if shooters will simply continue in a linear fashion.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
Damn doesnt look like it'll be very survival horror-ey, but from this trailer it looks like Resident Evil 6 may have ramped up the fun factor.
Resident Evil 5 went wrong because it wasnt scary, but it wasnt that fun either, as long as Capcom get one of the two down then i'll be happy

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
Sorry if this has been pointed out before, but at the beginning Leon appears to be fighting a zombie president. Does this mean we will get to fight a zombie Ashley?

RE4 is still my favorite game like ever, so I can't help but get a little excited even though RE5 kind of sucked. Really as long as they take away forced co-op, I'll be happy to try it.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
i dont know, ive kinda lost interest in this series. i havent really loved a resident evil game since resident evil 2

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
trollpwner said:
Zhukov said:
Reserving judgement until I see some actual gameplay that hasn't been cut into half-second fragments and spliced with bits of cutscene.

[sub](Fuck you Dead Island, I've learnt my lesson and learnt it good.)[/sub]

After all, the gameplay is the only ting that could possibly get my interest. It's not like any sane person parts with actual currency to experience the story of a Resident Evil game.
Seconded. Even in a trailer, there's still some deliciously atrocious dialogue. Not to mention Ashley is back (ohgod).

OT: I was excited, until I saw a bit of cover-based shooting hidden in there too. Not to mention that the characters flipping round does somewhat break down the whole scary, slow, oppressive combat that made 4 good.

It might still be good though.
Ashley apparently isn't going to show up in 6. IGN and the wiki both say that girl with the Mercenary is Sherry Birkin.