Resident Evil: Afterlife Trailer Released

aaronmcc

Oct 18, 2008
normally these films are good for a laugh for this looks absolutely shit.

it's a massive mistake to include the executioner from RE5. he's lumbering around in that trailer like my grandma and hits the polystyrene wall with all the ferocity of a limp wrist.

Jhammer

Feb 4, 2010
Oddly it makes me want to see Christian Bales character from equilibrium in the starring role of a Silent Hill game, he could battle dead puppies and the remains of all the people he sent to be baked alive. It would probably play like F.E.A.R. though which makes me sad.

Subeer

Jan 25, 2010
Haven't seen the third one yet but I didn't hate the first two.
The trailer looks good though.

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
I was able to take the first one as a possible prequel, the second one was good but completely removed it from the whole series of the games, and the third one did what every single freaking zombie movie does: Apocalypse. Some how zombies make the world boring and dusty. It's irritating!

Still, I like the film series if I take it out of context of the games, so I'll go and see this. But...that trailer was underwhelming. Like, the trailer for RE2 as awsome in it's Avon jokes. Heck, even the third one had that Vegas commercial. This one looks kind of strange, and I'm actually irritated that they seem to be taking RE (game) 4 and 5 infected or whatever. I haven't played all of the games but what I understand of the story is that really the only reason for La Plagas is because of the fact that the T and G viruses didn't wipe out the world. Oh well...still should be an interesting watch.

Fangface74

Lock 'n' Load
Feb 22, 2008
Looks like it's carrying on the Resi Evil movie tradition, i.e. Absolute fackkin shite!

BlueHighwind

Jan 24, 2010
Hey, none of these movies were that good, but at least this series at least stays at the same general quality level. They're the still by far the best video game movies ever made. You have to admit that. "Resident Evil 3" was actually the best of the lot, surprisingly. These American movies are far better than that straight-to-DVD "Advent Children" knock-off, "Degeneration" was it?

I guess what I'm saying is that these games have nothing in their plots that are WORTH being faithful too.

Pigeon_Grenade

May 29, 2008
It made no sense at all, but looks to pick up where the last one left off
Lagao said:
thefunk686 said:
When did zombies cease to be important to the Resident Evil franchise?

Did ANYONE see zombies in this trailer? At all?
they arent zombies...they're plagas...see the one guy with the mouth thing? yeah. plagas

and the REBOOT movie is coming after this one
So Exactly When did all the zombies turn into Plagas, i assume the large volume of Extras at the 1 minute mark Are also Plagas

and There gonna Try and Reboot this train wreck?

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Er....um...god...no...just....no..... call it anything but resident evil.... even the games had a better plot/theme/everything than the films...and new transformers movies.........

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
Ok, so they're basically going to take a few ideas from Resident Evil 5 and incorporate them into a movie...wow, I wonder if Wesker will be doing that warp thing he did in the game.

I saw Las Plagas/Majini, the big-ass guy from Resident Evil 5 with the ax and over-done aqupucture, Wesker's glowing red eyes, and that bit where he threw his sunglasses at Chris and Sheva. I wonder if the dude with the bag over his head and the chainsaw will show up too.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
Vohn_exel said:
I was able to take the first one as a possible prequel, the second one was good but completely removed it from the whole series of the games, and the third one did what every single freaking zombie movie does: Apocalypse. Some how zombies make the world boring and dusty. It's irritating!

Still, I like the film series if I take it out of context of the games, so I'll go and see this. But...that trailer was underwhelming. Like, the trailer for RE2 as awsome in it's Avon jokes. Heck, even the third one had that Vegas commercial. This one looks kind of strange, and I'm actually irritated that they seem to be taking RE (game) 4 and 5 infected or whatever. I haven't played all of the games but what I understand of the story is that really the only reason for La Plagas is because of the fact that the T and G viruses didn't wipe out the world. Oh well...still should be an interesting watch.
Wait, is the G virus Las Plagas or something else? I thought it was all one virus but it just evolved into something worse like Uroburos.
The only information I have on Las Plagas/Majini is from watching gameplay footage of RE 5. Fill in the gap please.

Broady Brio

Jun 28, 2009
Oh dear.

Three parts in that are from Resident Evil 5.
1:08 where Wesker has his back to them and then throws his shades at them.
1:14 where the "Excutioner" is shown.
1:17 With that... mouth thing.

One is from Matrix Reloaded.
1:32 where two people jump out of the window shooting, but it's only one person that jumps in Reloaded.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We5sexP3vHU
Embedding has been disabled. Part I'm talking about is at 0:48.

vardazz

Apr 4, 2010
It's really great I want to watch this movie it's gonna be awesome... But I saw in the trailer that the "bad guys" are humans too..!

Kojiro ftt

Apr 1, 2009
Looks even worse than the previous ones. RE movies are the poster child for shitty action. Worse even than Michael Bay.

Cameron Baxter

Jan 24, 2010
its a shame games dont make good movies resident evil can never make a great movie cos its just full of plot holes all they could do is make a comedy action at best

TheRealGoochman

Apr 7, 2010
Doesn't look bad at all....looks like it has more of a Resident Evil game feel than the past films. I am looking forward to seeing it.
Liked the first one, Loved the second one, not a fan of the third one......so we will see with this one.
Woot!!!

MattRooney06

Apr 15, 2009
ProfessorLayton said:
Well, as the only person in the world who actually really liked the first three movies, I'm excited for this one. I noticed a surprising and unsettling lack of zombies, though...
dont worry brother youve got me lol

yeah looks like a lot less zombies......although there were a load of manji chasing alice over the rooftops and there was the executioner and more importanly wesker!

DarkPanda XIII

Nov 3, 2009
ProfessorLayton said:
Well, as the only person in the world who actually really liked the first three movies, I'm excited for this one. I noticed a surprising and unsettling lack of zombies, though...
There's already been a second trailer released that showed a little bit more zombies, but really I think they'll be as important as Extinction, where they weren't really there, per say, just a wall that Alice needs to get through.

Still, watching it for Wesker, after noting some of the things he could do by himself :3.