Resident Evil Flicks Headed For A Reboot

MURPHYCHACHO

Oct 28, 2008
I want the original idea for a Resident Evil movie to come to fruitation; the one where the script was written by George motherfucking Romero and it was actually set in the mansion from the first game. Oh yeah, AND INSTEAD OF A STUPID MARY SUE CHARACTER CALLED ALICE WHO WAS DESIGNED TO LOOK PRETTY IN FRONT OF EXPLOSIONS, IT STARRED THE ACTUAL CHARACTERS FROM THE GAME.

In case you can't tell, I hate Alice.

_Nocturnal

Nov 4, 2006
Wow, I just got this awesome idea for a whole new franchise of movies!
Get this: It's all happening in space, like, millions of years in the future.
There's this guy from a desert planet, see, and he's hating it.
And one day, he buys this robot, but on the robot is a message calling for some old guy who also lives on the planet to save the universe!
Our guy goes to old guy and the old guy teaches him to be a superhero!
IT'S LIKE STAR WARS, BUT IN THE FUTURE!
We could call it Super Nova Wars, like, bigger and better!

Who do i pitch this to?

*dollar signs in eyes*

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
The first two were ok, should have stuck more to the storyline but I deal with it. The third one though... that one never happened in my mind, for some reason Sony just never made the third one.

Woem

May 28, 2009
Earnest Cavalli said:
With this in mind, let's play a game called "you're the head of Sony Screen Gems for a day." You've got an obscene budget, tons of hyper-advanced CGI, and a blank slate to work with. How would you reboot the Resident Evil franchise?
I choose Megan Fox as the new Alice. Remember I called it first.

*Edit* Oooh I wasn't first!

Khell_Sennet said:
I'm one of the few people out there who is all-for remakes and reimaginings, but even I'm skeptical about this. There should be a minimum 15-20 years limitation on remaking things, or it will start to get absurd.
"Ooh, Gamer just came out, but I think we can improve on it. Lets cast Jason Statham as Kabel and Megan Fox as his wife. And we can re-cast John Leguzamo in the same role because people LOVE watching him get killed. Well, lets get moving people, I want this thing in theatres before the original comes out on DVD..."

HyenaThePirate

Jan 8, 2009
Is hollywood really reached a point that they have to reboot films properties that are less than 10 years old?

I guess it's time for a Lord of the Rings reboot?
Maybe an X Men reboot would be greatly appreciated...

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
Why not just have is going on at the same time, in a different place? More than one thing can happen at once you know, and Umbrella Corp seems to have enough underground labs to another century of "reboots".

Some_Jackass

Aug 7, 2008
How bout they reboot it the way God intended...STARS vs zombies...enter some hunters...Tyrant fucks shit up...big explosion, roll credits, instant classic...

...oh, and a 500ft restraining order against Paul Anderson.

Lovelocke

Apr 6, 2009
As a filmmaker and a gamer, I would probably reboot the movie franchise by basing it on the games for starters...

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Just adapt the games to the silver screen.

I don't see why you had to have some convoluted 'Alice' story bullshit with only minor cameos from proper characters like Jill, Carlos, Chris (Who was killed off in less than five minutes) and Claire (who was entirely unnecessary for the third film). What was wrong with doing Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3 in film?

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
Did this franchise really need a reboot?
I thought that even the best one (the first) was only passable at best. Just leave it alone...
Please...

Kodlak

Feb 5, 2009
Get the feeling that the next film is going to have a bit of a rushed ending as they try to tie up all loose ends.

Flos

Aug 2, 2008
So they're, uh, turning it into System Shock meets Left 4 Dead.

Why can't they just adapt the games? It wouldn't be that hard considering the source material. Hell, the fourth (titled) game was practically a movie in itself.

Amnestic said:

I don't see why you had to have some convoluted 'Alice' story bullshit with only minor cameos from proper characters like Jill, Carlos, Chris (Who was killed off in less than five minutes) and Claire (who was entirely unnecessary for the third film). What was wrong with doing Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3 in film?
Wait. Chris was actually in the movies? Tell me more.

I watched all the films and never noticed Chris. D:

I did notice Leon, though, who was apparently killed off-screen before the second movie began.

Bastards.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
I liked the three films and have them all on DVD. I'll also see the fourth film, definitely. Here's hoping that number four brings back Jill Valentine, since Sienna Guillory was pretty damn hot as Jill in the second film. I was really annoyed that she didn't come back for number three. But yeah, I'll definitely see the fourth film. After that, if they're rebooting it agin then I'll treat it as a seperate canon. I personally view the games and films as seperate canon, so a reboot will basically be a third canon for the film. Number five I'll probably still see, but I just won't have it in the same continuity of the current film series, which I still think are awesome. Although they did go downhill with number three, I still think Apocalypse is the best in the series (and that's nothing to do with Jill Valentine and her hotpants and tube top, I swear... okay, maybe it is ;D).

Kodlak

Feb 5, 2009
Flos said:
So they're, uh, turning it into System Shock meets Left 4 Dead.

Why can't they just adapt the games? It wouldn't be that hard considering the source material. Hell, the fourth (titled) game was practically a movie in itself.

Amnestic said:

Wait. Chris was actually in the movies? Tell me more.

I watched all the films and never noticed Chris. D:

I did notice Leon, though, who was apparently killed off-screen before the second movie began.

Bastards.
Chris couldn't have been killed, as he is in the next film Afterlife.