Resident Evil Showcase

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
I personally don't mind a lot of stuff connected to Wesker or umbrella because I'm a real sucker for continuity and unlike other series, they have the balls to keep them dead and it's mostly their villainous legacies, the pain they cause long after the deaths that hunt the world.

Wesker is the Dio Brando of the Resident Evil universe.
OMG, your right.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
The plot is so stupid. Chris should have just told Ethan what was going on, like what the heck? "Just go home Ethan, don't get involved!" What are you talking about Chris?! You brought him here! What even was Chris doing for the whole game while Ethan was killing all the major baddies? And Ethan didn't need to stay behind, what the heck? He can walk back toward the heart of the fungus but just can't keep going forward toward the chopper? Yeah, ok. Why was Rose broken up into four pieces and scattered to the four henchmen anyway? What was the point of anything in this game?

What the heck is BSAA? Am I supposed to have any idea who they are? The game was way better before Chris got involved and started 'explaining' things. Resident Evil is at its best when it doesn't have anything to do with the rest of the Resident Evil canon.

I liked how they never actually show Ethan's face, even in the third person cutscenes the camera always goes out of its way to show him from the side or the back. It's just funny. The game had quite a few silly moments like that, like when Ethan glues his hand back on with health drink (and also the cuff of his shirt that was still on his severed arm.) Or the lame fish boss that screams at you that 'he's the BEST'. Or the flame lantern physics puzzles where Ethan just bumps the lantern with his head until it lights a torch on fire.

Frankly, RE7 was just a lot better. Even if that game couldn't stick the landing either.

Last edited:

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
The plot is so stupid. Chris should have just told Ethan what was going on, like what the heck? "Just go home Ethan, don't get involved!" What are you talking about Chris?! You brought him here! What even was Chris doing for the whole game while Ethan was killing all the major baddies? And Ethan didn't need to stay behind, what the heck? He can walk back toward the heart of the fungus but just can't keep going forward toward the chopper? Yeah, ok. Why was Rose broken up into four pieces and scattered to the four henchmen anyway? What was the point of anything in this game?

What the heck is BSAA? Am I supposed to have any idea who they are? The game was way better before Chris got involved and started 'explaining' things. Resident Evil is at its best when it doesn't have anything to do with the rest of the Resident Evil canon.

I liked how they never actually show Ethan's face, even in the third person cutscenes the camera always goes out of its way to show him from the side or the back. It's just funny. The game had quite a few silly moments like that, like when Ethan glues his hand back on with health drink (and also the cuff of his shirt that was still on his severed arm.) Or the lame fish boss that screams at you that 'he's the BEST'. Or the flame lantern physics puzzles where Ethan just bumps the lantern with his head until it lights a torch on fire.

Frankly, RE7 was just a lot better. Even if that game couldn't stick the landing either.
The BSAA have been here since Resident Evil 5. Basically Anti-Terrorism Unit, the terrorists/factions that uses Virus and Bio-Organic Weapons.
(B.O.W. meaning the monsters like Hunters and Tyrants)

Reactions: BrawlMan

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
You're being sarcastic, right?
No. He's selling out.

Why else is he making a video about Resident Evil 8's Lady character and also having the word "THICC" in the video title?

Cashing in on Internet Memes and getting them Views.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
No. He's selling out.

Why else is he making a video about Resident Evil 8's Lady character and also having the word "THICC" in the video title?

Cashing in on Internet Memes and getting them Views.
Dude, Gaijin Goombah been doing vids like this for years. The ones where he talks about Japanese culture, history, or folklore from different games, movies, TV shows, anime, or Manga. Just because he adds dummy thicc doesn't make him a "sell out". Besides, you want to talk about sellouts, look at clean price gaming and his fake ass. Or all those twitch or YouTube streamers, that claim to know what Devil May Cry is, but most were left baffled, confused, or angry, or embarrassed to play Devil May Cry 5, because they never played any of the prequels. Or better yet, only had the reboot to go off of and were wondering why five had such a goofy tone, despite the series always having a goofy tone aside from the second game. Believe whatever you want, but the dude ain't a sell out. And it's not as if he's the only one to jump on trends,. He has his moments but for the most part he does his own thing. He sure as hell ain't the worst. Besides, he still does the thing does best: give details on Japanese culture and with that video he has exceeded. I don't know what else you were expecting and I really don't care.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Speak for yourself. He barely ever comes on my feed that often. If you don't like, then don't watch. I'll ask one last question and leave it alone, but did you even watch this video? A simple yes or no will do. Nothing extra.
No. Thumbnail, topic, and it being Gaijin Goomba alienated me.

I remember there was a time I stopped caring about Gaijin, I think mabye its because he's "kinda?" similar to Extra Credits, and I mean the negative connotations associated with Extra Credits?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
No. Thumbnail, topic, and it being Gaijin Goomba alienated me.
And there we go.

I remember there was a time I stopped caring about Gaijin, I think mabye its because he's "kinda?" similar to Extra Credits, and I mean the negative connotations associated with Extra Credits?
If you don't like the guy, whatever. But he is nowhere close to the scumbaggary that is Extra Credit. Gaijin does his research for one. Two, he's not filled with that self-righteous, black and white attitude EC carries on their shoulders everyday. Three, he has an actual brain and does not just spout info out of "feelings" or arm chair, barely looked at info or research. To put him in the same category as those assholes; you're sadly mistaken. EC is dead and barely has an audience. Gaijin has a fandom that cares and he cares right back at them. I'm ending it here, because we've gone off-topic enough. Do what you will, but never mix up genuinely decent people with fuck-nuts who only cares about being in the "right", while believing everyone else to be wrong or misguided for disagreeing with them or having a different opinion.

Last edited:

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
And there we go.

If you don't like the guy, whatever. But he is nowhere close to the scumbaggary that is Extra Credit. Gaijin does his research for one. Two, he's not filled with that self-righteous, black and white attitude EC carries on their shoulders everyday. Three, he has an actual brain and does just spout info out of "feelings" or arm chair, bare looked at info or research. To put him in the same category as those assholes; you're sadly mistaken. EC is dead and barely has an audience. Gaijin has a fandom that cares and he cares right back at them. I'm ending it here, because we've gone off-topic enough. Do what you will, but never mix up genuinely decent people with fuck-nuts who only cares about being in the "right", while believing everyone else to be wrong or misguided for disagreeing with them or having a different opinion.
Back on topic though, shame I can't play RE 8 because I don't have Next-Gen Consoles and my PC is still Windows 7. Gonna have to....gulp...upgrade to 10, but only when Warhamemr 3 gets released.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Back on topic though, shame I can't play RE 8 because I don't have Next-Gen Consoles and my PC is still Windows 7. Gonna have to....gulp...upgrade to 10, but only when Warhamemr 3 gets released.
The game is available on PS4 and XONE too. Now you know. They run on those systems just fine.