Resident evil will return to its roots.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
I wish that they would just drop the pretense of RE being a "survival horror" series of games and just push everything up to 11, akin to The House of The Dead:Overkill.

Now THAT I would buy.

*remembers RE4*

WELL JUST REMAKE IT IN HD.

Drizzitdude

Nov 12, 2009
xPixelatedx said:
Wow reading this thread I take it there are a LOT of people here who utterly despise campy things. It is kind of sad, really.

I loved RE4 (5 and 6 are garbage) but you know what? I would also welcome another one like 1 or 2. Those games weren't bad games, after all. In fact those games are the reason why the franchise is still around. If the first iterations didn't make money and create an audience, then no one would even know what Resident Evil is right now; there wouldn't even be a franchise. It is insane to sit here and pretend they were awful games. Also yes, for the love of god bring back the puzzles! It was the best part of the games. Mindless action gets way to boring without any other form of mental stimulation, especially since pretty much every game now is nothing but mindless action.
No one is saying that the original resident evil game weren't good, the exact opposite actually, the point of the matter is that thy were good, at the time. The slow tanky gameplay of resident evil originals has little place in todays market.

Are puzzles okay? Yeah sure! We even have a couple puzzles in leon's (and one in ada's) campaign in RE6 (sure they aren't terribly complicated)but the fact of the matter is that despite how actiony the gameplay is, they still fit. I think its silly to try to think of one RE game that did it all for us with everything we loved. Instead we have to pick the things that like and dislike, in order to make an overall better experience.

My opinions
Tank controls? Bad
Fixed Camera: Bad in some situations
Zombies/mutants with guns: Go to your room and think about what you've done capcom
Better control over character movement: Good
Cinematic horror moments: Good
Overall creepy feel to an area (first levels of leons campaign in RE6, majority of RE 1-4): Good
Action scenes: overall if balanced well these aren't a bad thing, think the knife fight from RE4, action packed but not over the top, but if done like the tutorial level of re6, where you run through a blowing up highway, jump in a chopper, narrowly dodge a subway and then crash the chopper, well you have just gone over the top.

ChristopherT

Sep 9, 2010
I'd like to see them somehow pull off either an updated Outbreak with everything it was supposed to be, fully included Outbreak File 1 and 2 content - with, another double lump of levels added to it, full net support, and Lan, and Split-Screen. OR - Take the odds and ends mechanics added to each Resident Evil and throw them together, 2's A and B play setup, Nemesis's Nemesis and Gun Powder setup, REmake's Defense weapons and Kerosene usage. Get rid of the hordes, keep the enemy count down like older REs, less ammo, tighter corridors and less open landscapes, have enemies hiding around the corner - or on the other side of the door, have enemies drop from the shadows. Make enemies harder to kill, not by needing to shoot more bullets in them, but add defenses, weak spots, agility.

Using examples of past Resident Evil games, make it so Hunters have resistant heads, like they're supposed to, a few bullets does nothing, aim for the torso or limbs, unless you have a high caliber weapon, make them fairly quick, jumping through the air, slashing, make it so they can kill the player quickly, and you only need one or two at the same time in the game ever, 'cept maybe near the end when the player has a magnum or something, then through in a few more.

Zombies, not that they are needed, can still be used as slow moving, easy to hit targets, just require head shots and they become that much more of a threat. Lickers, fast wall crawling assholes, just fast, and their tongues could do serious damage and their all set, instead in 5 they're kind of slow, and just lick you for the most part, doing minor damage, until they try to strangle you.

Not that they could do any of that, nor would they. But still, dream world and all that. Otherwise just do something different then what they are.