Jan 9, 2010
Mass Effect...3DS!
I hope I have ruined many peoples' dreams. =P

Edit: Is that A Ninja above my head? ='(

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
Logan Westbrook said:
It's also possible that it's a spin-off title from one of BioWare's existing IPs - and a portable Mass Effect or Dragon Age game could be really fun
Well, BioWare's gone into "handheld" territory for Mass Effect already...

And I think we all know how that turned out. Ouch.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
mjc0961 said:
Why BioWare. Why are you working on that other stuff when you could be getting Mass Effect 3 to us that much quicker?
They'll have different teams working on different games. One team will be working on Mass Effect 3, one will be working on Dragon Age 2, another on Star Wars:TOR. So a different team will be working on the hand-held game so you shouldn't worry. Working on this won't hurt the completion time of Mass Effect 3 or any of the other games.

Undead Dragon King said:
Shhhh pretend it never happened.-Hulk's out- I WILL NOT HAVE THE PERFECT GAME STREAK RUINED BY AND I-PHONE AP!!!!-Turns back- Let's just sweep it under the rug and wipe all knowledge of it from existence.

capt.fodder

Sep 6, 2009
Dear Bioware,

Please port the Balder's Gate engine (Infinity Engine, I believe) to the PSP. And then release a bunch of games (heck, downloadable modules) for it. This would be awesome.

Then if you feel like it throw in some PA modules based in the Fallout universe.

Yours truly,
A delusional idiot

blarghblarghhhhh

Mar 16, 2010
HK_01 said:
Uber Waddles said:
Alright, let me rephrase that:

I love Bioware for their great, deep, massive RPGs. That is what Bioware excels at, but it's just pretty much impossible to make games like that for a portable.

That said, I immensly enjoy some games for portable devices, such as the Pokemon games, which are most definitely real games. I just don't think a Bioware game can translate very well to the DS or PSP.
dragon quest 9 is a bigger game than KOTOR and has a better story as well. this is comming from someone who has kotor in there top 5 fav games. ive put over 150 hours into dragon quest 9 abd have barely scratched the surface of what it offers.

JinxM

Apr 8, 2009
Didn't anyone notice that the linkedin profile hadn't been updated in over 2 years? Handheld games never take that long.
Obviously it was just an old profile that was forgotten.

The "telephone game" is going strong here, as the source articles just mention a resume, this is the first one to call it a "resume update".

Aanorith

Mar 17, 2009
Hmmm. Well, handheld games have never really bin my thing. I bought a DS on an impulse a long time ago, but since then I've never played any games besides the one I got with the DS. But I suppose if there has to be a handheld RPG it doesnt hurt that it's Bioware making it. Ill try to keep an open mind.

Nimzar

Nov 30, 2009
Yay! I'm glad I'm not the only one hoping for a Sonic Chronicles sequel!

The game really isn't that bad. You get the BioWare quality writing (set in the Sonic universe). With jRPG style game-play (which I'm sure is part of why it is perceived so negatively (many BioWare fans being wRPG style fans exclusively)).

I mean okay, the dialogue can be a bit cheesy but in a charming sort of way:

Sonic Chronicles said:
Rouge: "Well, they're off again, and with all that booty."
Amy: "ROUGE!"
Rouge: "What? It's a word."

Electrogecko

Apr 15, 2010
I so want a good rpg on 3ds that has real time combat. Now that they basically added 8 buttons to the system, a really good controller config could be made that utilizes dozens of D-pad+button combinations. Add a robust online system and a large world with a WoW style camera and I'll auto-buy. Make it happen Bioware.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
HK_01 said:
Uber Waddles said:
Alright, let me rephrase that:

I love Bioware for their great, deep, massive RPGs. That is what Bioware excels at, but it's just pretty much impossible to make games like that for a portable.
Final Fantasy 6 wants to have a word with you. Also, when its done with you, there's a line going around the block of RPGs from the SNES/PS-X era.

Miumaru

May 5, 2010
coldalarm said:
Miumaru said:
They released Dragon Age and Mass Effect 2 practically back to back while also working on The Old Republic MMO. Bioware seems to multitask extremely well.
It's called three development teams. Mass Effect, Dragon Age (EA BioWare Edmonton, I believe) and TOR (EA BioWare Austin).

Either way, this news isn't anything new. Why? This [http://www.gamingtarget.com/article.php?artid=10919]. Still confused?
Dragon Age Title TBA (Consoles, Handhelds, PC)
Well then unless the Mass Effect team is doing this, the guy I was replying to and the oen actually worried shouldnt worry.