Review: Brutal Legend

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Review: Brutal Legend

Brutal Legend is f*&#ing metal. (That's a good thing.)

Read Full Article

Labyrinth

Escapist Points: 9001
Oct 14, 2007
Temptation, oh temptation. I must confess, half my fun in playing this game would undoubtedly come from giving off Farking Brutal growls at every available opportunity. Think Dinosaurs That Shoot Lasers Whey They Roar without the wheeze. Taking the royal piss out of it would help.

MrMisfit

Apr 8, 2008
I can't wait to get this. I'm seriously fidgiting around all excited-like in anticipation.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Rock on! I've got this on pre-order, so when the insane shipping departments of Europe decide to release this ROCKING-game (i.e. Friday) to the UK, I'll have it...

I mean, ROCKING WITH IT!

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
Great Review. Not too interested in this myself but some of my metal friends must be messing themselves and missing class as I speak. They've waited a LONG time for this.

[Cold-Shoulder]

Jun 5, 2009
Good review.
Can't wait for the game to come out in Ireland. :D
Eagi said:
Any more recognisable faces apart from Jack Black and Ozzy?
I know some of the people that show up in the game but they might be a spoiler to the game.
Rob Halford, Lemmy Kilmister and Lita Ford, I'm not so sure all of them are real people though.
Welcome to the Escapist. :)

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
Russ scares me...

Also, can't wait for Friday now... *Head asplodes in excitement*.

Eagi said:
Any more recognisable faces apart from Jack Black and Ozzy?
Lemmy is the main character to me.

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Labyrinth said:
Think Dinosaurs That Shoot Lasers Whey They Roar without the wheeze. Taking the royal piss out of it would help.
Love your metal avatar!

Would it be a spoiler if I were to divulge whether or not there are creatures in this game that shoot lasers from their eyes?

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
WWWWWOOOO, I just got an email from my pre-order place - they've dispatched Brutal Legend - should be here either tomorrow or Thursday. ROCK ON!

After that, Dragon Age is next on my hit-list.

Feb 13, 2008
He attacks Goths? Pah, Metal is Allied to the Goth versus The EMO!

Cracking game/review though, but as there's no PC version... :(

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
It really upsets me that this isn't coming out for PC. After all, I'm one of many that have supported him on the platform from Monkey Island to Grim Fandango and Psychonauts. Thanks Tim.

Darkwolf9

Aug 19, 2008
Hey Russ the guys back at Gamestop would really like to have a talk with you about a register and some plastic guitars. Turns out they didn't find it as funny as you would did. I also misread and used their plastic guitars. I just figured I'd direct em your way since it was your idea. Good luck with that and METAL!

Seriously though, great review and I can't wait to dive into this game.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Terramax said:
It really upsets me that this isn't coming out for PC. After all, I'm one of many that have supported him on the platform from Monkey Island to Grim Fandango and Psychonauts. Thanks Tim.
To be honest, the 'Many' part is bullshit - we aren't many, or Pyschonauts wouldn't have bombed. Hopefully though, Brutal Legend will do verrrrry well. And be ported to PC. But for now, I'm content with my XBox copy.

Trifixion

Infamous Scribbler
Oct 13, 2009
Definitely getting this one today. As a long-time Schafer fan and a devoted (some might say rabid) metalhead for the past three decades, it looks like a near-perfect fit for my tastes (or lack thereof).

Now of course comes the obvious question...given that:

1.) He enjoyed Psychonauts
2.) His column's "theme song" would seem to indicate he does not loathe heavy metal
3.) The game is apparently already available in Australia

...what will Yahtzee have to say about it?