Review: Bulletstorm

Truly-A-Lie

Nov 14, 2009
Loved the video supplement. Can't wait to get it, it isn't out here yet. I have to wait until Friday. It seems to be shaping into a love-hate type game, some people played the demo and adored it (like me) and others simply don't see what's meant to be so good.
I for one can't wait to have senseless fun kicking people in the head. After wrapping them in bombs. After shooting them in the balls. Before kicking them off a cliff.

K4RN4GE911

Apr 27, 2010
Great review man, for both the written text and the video. Although I disagree with your number one skill kill, (I just love saying that) it was a pretty good top ten.

The ending with BOOM! was kickass as well. Love that song.

I wonder what Yahtzee will say in his review for this. If he liked Painkiller, then he might give this one a chance.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
You guys just had this ready to go didn't you? I'm sure there's a way to dig into the game files and rename that into movie so the game can't find it, like I do with those dicktit unskippable nvidia things.

Danial

Apr 7, 2010
So, It's a FPS without cover based game play, Russians and American GIs?

WANT!

bricklayerofd00m

May 17, 2010
This isn't generating all the buzz it seemed would. I'm getting it, many reviews are praising it for innovating on the FPS, not to mention I'm completely tired of CoD and its followers' make-you-feel-like-a-soldier crap.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
This game does look like fun, but does ayone else feel that Epic want's the PC version to fail so they can abandon that platform completely? Why else would it use GFWL? I've been noticing a pattern here with GoW 1 and UT3.

ALPHATT

Aug 15, 2009
how is this a buy title? I mean sure it's fun but rent it for a free weekend and you're gonna finisht he whole thing, it's worth a few replays but why bother. The fun shooter of the year is gonna be Duke nukem forever with allegedly longer SP, historical value and MP. I would've conisdered buying if it had the advertised co-op but, oh well.

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
Definitely going to pick this up, but I'm not sure which platform to choose.

Oh well, I WILL KILL YOUR DICK.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Certainly sounds better than the demo made it seem...

I might pick this up after all.

After Pokemon. After Dragon Age 2. And even after Two Worlds 2.

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
Russ Pitts said:
Review: Bulletstorm

Epic's latest redefines the word "fun."

Read Full Article
"He's like a little dude squish sandwich."

I haven't laughed so hard at a review outside of ZP in... well, ever.

Glad to hear that Bulletstorm is good. I liked Painkiller with the exception of the dopey story they tried to foist on you, so if this is 'Painkiller - plot' that is a winner in my book.

cocoadog

Oct 9, 2008
After seeing this review I totally want to go out and rape someone!

(note: I do not really want to rape anyone)

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
if anyone says that the point of videogames is not to be fun they should be strapped down and forced to watch this game, the DMC series, and the Contra series over and over again until they get that pretense out of their heads.

run_forrest_run

Dec 28, 2009
What exactly do you mean by "fun". Were all those serious shooters like Modern Warfare 2 not fun. You gave them high scores so you must have thought so. A game can be fun and serious. Just take a look at the first Half-Life or Bioshock. They were fun and they had more to them than a shouty man with sideburns kicking people.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
edit: ^ he mad, bro

my copy is coming in the mail, and while I'm excited about playing it, I don't know for how long I'll keep it (no co-op...)

funny how the issues with the story in this review versus the gameplay is pretty much exactly one of the few complaints Yahtzee had in his Painkiller review...guess PCF are consistent :p still good tho?

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Sounds pretty much like I was expecting.

Also... I visualised just what 'dicktits' might be...

That is one image I could really do without, but I've got it stuck in my head now...

@_@