Review: Demigod

oneplus999

Oct 4, 2007
Tenmar said:
Do you have a link to this LoL game being made? I'd like to find out more information Oneplus999.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_Legends:_Clash_of_Fates
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Abedeus said:
cainx10a said:
Abedeus said:
Credge said:
Abedeus said:
I wanted to try this game. I won't, however, buy a game blindly for $50.
You should be happy to know that it's only $40 then.
I wouldn't buy it blindly even for $30.
If only it was at my local game store now, they don't even have it! :(
Let me comfort you - No shop in Poland has it yet... At least till today, as it just came out here.

Not sure if it's going to be here before Monday.
heh, I dropped by today, and found ONE on the shelf, quickly grabbed it and ran off to pay for it: I have to admit, impulse is a little bit cumbersome although it didn't really create obstacles like GFWL did. Finally, for someone who wasn't good at clicky-clickyti-clickyta! in DotA, find this game to be easy to pick up and play, even with the lack of said tutorials. It's really fun. However, I wish they had custom demigods and assassins as well ;s

Lureahawk

Jan 14, 2009
Ok i played this game from the first day i could buy it online. Safe to say i know a lot about it by now. And i have to say. When you have 2 players of the same class they will probly have the SAME skills. As the video points out there is a lot of stuff you can buy and spend points on to upgrade your character.

However, Most of the skills and items are useless in the sense that by now the best items i know and skills. If you deviate even a bit from the perfect skill tree you wont make it. Half the skills are useless sins towers aren't a problem and if you play it well enough so will be the minions. All you need to focus on is killing Demigods. The faster you kill them the faster you lvl and when your 3 lvl's higher then the Demigod your fighting he can forget it. By then your to strong and he will have to gang up on you but sins you do the same you win then and there. Just help your minions destroy some towers and voila. Game over.

All and all this game has a lot of possibly variation but for the moment you are stuck to a liner path. just pick the right class to start, stay together and pick the right skills. not much room for own input when playing

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
Rhayn said:
I'm still on the fence about this game.

I do so like the looks of it, and it seems to be indeed quite fun to play. But I do so horribly suck at multiplayer games, be it FPS or RTS. I don't want to spend 50? on something that I start up, and get my ass kicked multiple times without any end in sight, as it is every time I try to play an RTS online.

Yeah, I guess I could play single player, but I suspect that will quickly lose it's novelty once I've tried all the Demigods. Perhaps I'll pick it up if I see it on discount in a few years, but right now... I don't think so.
This is the stance i'm taking with Demigods...

trollboy

Feb 26, 2009
The game looks awesome, but it looks like their are barely any levels / they aren't very complex. Meaning 'tis the same basic level design and it will get repetitive really fast. Also I heard that there have been issues with the online multiplayer, which seems to be the games real selling point.

trollboy

Feb 26, 2009
mentor07825 said:
trollboy said:
The game looks awesome, but it looks like their are barely any levels / they aren't very complex. Meaning 'tis the same basic level design and it will get repetitive really fast. Also I heard that there have been issues with the online multiplayer, which seems to be the games real selling point.
Yes, but I believe patches have just about eliminated that issue about now. There aren't a lot of levels, yes, but they are still a lot of fun!

It's a really fun game for a good 15 minute battle.
But a good 15 minute battle doesn't make it worth buying the game, maybe renting it to have fun for a weekend.