Review: Dragon Age: Origins on the PC

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
This game sucks you in, 5 hours, it is okay, 10 hours, it is good, 20 hours, great, 40 hours, become obsessed and reaches level of classic.

This is a title I'll be playing on my PC longer after all the graphics look poor, truly a successor to Baldur's Gate.

achilleas.k

Apr 11, 2009
Khada said:
Susan Ardnt > all other reviewers (tho i also like that other dude whos not the chief editor - not that hes all that bad either)

yet to play the game, it appeals to me alot but the one thing thats a big turn off is having to play and control multiple characters. i dont mind having a party at all, i just prefer to not have to do too much with them (other than keep them geared) mass effect is a good example of this, and being from the same developer im hoping that holds true to DA:O

would appreciate if someone could confirm this for me? :D
If you play on Normal or Easy, you can probably just leave the default tactics and not worry about your party members (just pick one of the presets for healer, ranged, etc). I play on hard and I never control them directly, I do tweak their tactics though.

Also there's the classic "Auto level up" option if you really don't like managing party members.