Review: Fable 3

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
I'll have to pick this up once I get money again. Recent purchase of a new car is really bringing me down. Hopefully I'll see Albion sooner rather then later.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
GAH!! Why did they want to realease the pc version later?!

Anyways i am so looking forward to this...I want it to PC NOW!

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
God i cannot wait to get this game. My pre-ordered copy got dispatched yesterday :D

ironlordthemad

Sep 25, 2009
The Fable series has had good voice acting? Where was I for this?
Yeah sure the audio quality was quite good but then again if I hear static/crackle/background noises in the audio of a video game now a days I consider it my right to go over to the development studio and smack some people about the head.
I swear if I hear another citizen of Albion talk in a stereotypical english accent I will take the safety off my flintlock and start spraying into crowds of shoppers at the port town's obligatory fish market.
Steven Fry and Zoe Wanamaker are of course the exceptions but the person who did the voice of Hamma needs to go away.
At work me and a friend immitate that type of voice to take the piss and sound as stupid as possible.

"Oi reckon there are a gang of 'obbs down the ol' mine!"

Sigh.
This is why I say that I am Scotish rather than British.

mythgraven

No One Is Special
Mar 9, 2010
I recall my very first experience with Fable. A guy staying in the same barracks as I, called me over with the excited "Dude, watch this." in which he proceeded to boot chickens, laughing with gleeful abandon for probably 10 minutes.

He drank alot, too... but whatever.

Whiskey Echo!!
mythgraven

swooshmeister

Oct 26, 2010
Fable 3 seemed much shorter and easier than Fable 2 to me. The actors that portrayed the characters made the game worthwhile and story was truly superb though kinda outlandish...(weird alien invasion force bent on om-nomming your soul) It's like I heard somewhere before. Nevertheless this game was a pleasant experience.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Straying Bullet said:
Too bad Americans get to play this game earlier than us. We can only do so on Friday. It's fucking insane considering Lionhead is stationed in the UK - Europe. But I bet Microsoft has to do with this, but we have Fable III: Kingmaker app.

Susan Arendt said:
Susan, this one is for you. How easy is it to make money in this game? I am using the Kingmaker App to generate good amount of gold before I hit the game but money-making in Fable II was so tedious that I resorted to the rent cheat/glitch to enjoy the game.

So are the jobs satifsying and entertaining to do? Does Questing generate money as well? Please let me know, because that's the only negative aspect of Fable that irks me.
Ah, I'm glad you brought this up. It is ungodly easy to make loads of money in Fable 3, so long as you're willing to put in a little effort. Start off with a job, then upgrade that job on the Road to Rule. That will earn you more money for every task you complete - every sword you make as a blacksmith, for example. Once you've got a bit of cash from that, start buying up real estate and watch the cash roll in. You'll have to keep houses in good repair, which costs money, and you need to spend guild seals to unlock the Landlord and Entrepreneur bundles, which let you buy houses and businesses, but it's a sure thing.

swooshmeister

Oct 26, 2010
What I hated with the whole money gathering was that even though I did what was asked of me as a ''good'' king I did and I still was feared and hated.Why? Because I set the rent to high which is +1 to normal. Pure logic dictates that when you live in luxury and everything is beyond hunky-dorey you set the rent,charging fees appropiately. Ungrateful peasants to be honest:)

You have loads of chances to receive high amounts of gold which should be invested in buying and renting buildings. So you don't have to ''work'' per say to get rich.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Not this time Pete.

You fooled me twice, but I am not falling for your shenanigans a third time.

Do'h, why did LBP 2 have to be delayed? I need my "new game" fix.

Midniqht

Beer Quaffer
Jul 10, 2009
Spent almost all last night playing it after midnight release. I did notice a little bugginess but it was nothing game-breaking for me. It's weird actually like, warping to your sanctuary to swap weapons and such, but sometimes depending on what I'm doing I feel like I could have gotten to a particular weapon or clothing faster in a menu. At least the sanctuary has no load time - it's pretty much instantaneous.

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
Alright picked up the game today, haven't played much due to school obligations, but there is one thing I noticed right off the bat. We have a voiced protagonist this round and that just surprised me at first. I'm liking it so far, hope that's an indication on a good game overall

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
"Many of these are the same problems that plagued Fable 2"

Funny.I bought Fable 2 on launch day and never encountered any of these bugs you mentioned and I played through the game multiple times

Anyway looking forward to this.Got the Collector's Edition pre-ordered so roll on Friday

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
Sounds like I got to buy fable two if I want to make use of that whole descendent perk thing. I've always wanted to buy the fable games so I think i'll wait till this game gets afforadable and I am buying it. Yahtzee is going to review it but he will probably like it as much as he liked the other two which wasn't by very much.

LordLoudmouth

Dec 29, 2009
But if you´re name happens to be Beeblebrox, you would be able to wear 2 chicken helmets and kill your enemies by making them feel like their brains were being smashed with lemon wrapped around a gold bar

roostuf

Dec 29, 2009
My friend is like a badly trained parrot, he always talks about the new fable III...now i know why.