Review: Fable 3

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
I loved Fable 1 but could never play Fable 2 because I don't own a xbox360. So I'm really happy that it's going to be released for the PC aswell and if it's as fun as Fable 1, I won't regret buying it.

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
An improvement over Fable 2 it seems. Nice.

The biggest turn off in Fable 2 for me was the story/atmosphere/npcs. NPCS/milieu seem to have similar problems as before (according to IGN's review). With that said, Fable 3 looks like it deserves a chance for sure. Let's see if Fable 1 can get topped!

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
hope this arrives in the morning, looking forward to this all year!

Moon_Called

Mar 21, 2009
Meh. I'm not gonna play this unless my brother borrows it from one of his friends, and even then, I probably won't play much of it. The first Fable was fun, sure, but not memorable, for me, in the least. All I remember of it was the ending pissing me off for some reason. Fable II bored me to the point of apathy. I didn't even decide it was pissing me off too much to play anymore. I just drifted off into other games. Which is the worst thing that could be said of a work of art.

Also, Susan, epic Hitchhiker's reference.

Chris 'Chaos' Voce

Oct 3, 2010
You know I might just now start playing this game serious just because of the magic
Is-Is that lightning shooting out fire waves?

Tyrrax

Oct 2, 2010
So does this one also have the 360 view of the falling piece of bird crap?

Seriously, I'm gonna wait on this one. Fable 2 was good enough reason to blackball Molyneux for life.

zombiesinc

One day, we'll wake the zombies
Mar 29, 2010
Literally got my copy five minutes ago! Once I've finished eating some grub I'm going to sit down and enjoy me some Fable III.

Stoked to hear (read) that Susan's given it a 4/5. ^^

GoodEyeSniper

Sep 9, 2008
Hmmm. I read another review that said that if your character hasn't accrued enough money by a certain part of the main storyline then you can't continue on with the main story. Can anyone confirm/deny?

gally912

Mar 7, 2010
How is having the sanctuary any more intuitive, easier, or less time consuming than the pause menu? I read that and said "Oh great, now I have to walk just to change my clothes"

magma

Jul 21, 2010
swooshmeister said:
Fable 3 seemed much shorter and easier than Fable 2 to me. The actors that portrayed the characters made the game worthwhile and story was truly superb though kinda outlandish...(weird alien invasion force bent on om-nomming your soul) It's like I heard somewhere before. Nevertheless this game was a pleasant experience.
But Fable 2 was already MUCH shorter and easier than Fable.... Are there fewer boss fights as well? The lack of real bosses (no, the fucking golems don't count, the golems were colour swappable filler) was the most disappointing aspect about Fable 2 for me, which didn't help the greater repetition, the empty ending and the fewer real challenges.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Great and funny review, I'm picking my limited edition Fable 3 up at the post office tomorrow along with my limited edition Star Wars: Force Unleashed 2.

swooshmeister said:
Fable 3 seemed much shorter and easier than Fable 2 to me. The actors that portrayed the characters made the game worthwhile and story was truly superb though kinda outlandish...(weird alien invasion force bent on om-nomming your soul) It's like I heard somewhere before. Nevertheless this game was a pleasant experience.
I'm very tempted to call bull, on this. But since I haven't played it yet. How have you played the whole game already. It came out only 12-13 hours before your post. If you actually did, I would guess that you played the game straight through without doing any side quests or anything.

I easily put 30 or more hours into Fable 2, before I even beat it, then got at least 40 more to finish up most of the achievements, and I haven't done a second or third play through like most of my friends, and they did the same thing I did with all their play throughs, so that is about 200 hours. So I highly doubt you did anything more than the main story, which in my opinion is not really playing the whole game. What makes Fable, Fable, is the world and experiencing and living in it.

I don't get people that just play the main story of the game and that's it. The reason you came out disappointed with the length is that you didn't play the whole experience; if that is the case, it isn't the game makers fault.

I'm going to keep an open mind, I just bet I will get just as much game play as I did with Fable 2.

Sonic Doctor

Jan 9, 2010
magmayoshi said:
swooshmeister said:
But Fable 2 was already MUCH shorter and easier than Fable.... Are there fewer boss fights as well? The lack of real bosses (no, the fucking golems don't count, the golems were colour swappable filler) was the most disappointing aspect about Fable 2 for me, which didn't help the greater repetition, the empty ending and the fewer real challenges.
Don't worry, I highly doubt he played the whole game. Think, the game only came out 12-13 hours before he made the post. It's obvious he just did the story. It is his fault for just doing the main story and not doing any side missions.

Sonic Doctor

Jan 9, 2010
swooshmeister said:
Well if you actually wanna know I played the pirated version which came out on the 24th...It took me 24 hours to finish it:)
lol, Pirated. That won't end well for you here if it is true. But in reality, I smell a troll.

If you did play, then your 24 will be 40 at least for me.

rapidoud

Feb 1, 2008
ZOMG because America didn't have it he mustn't have played it!

For once Australians didn't get shafted and we've had it longer than you think. Of course, normally we get it 2-3 months after but oh no the bloody UK sooks have to complain they get it a week after. Boo hoo!

Sonic Doctor

Jan 9, 2010
rapidoud said:
ZOMG because America didn't have it he mustn't have played it!

For once Australians didn't get shafted and we've had it longer than you think. Of course, normally we get it 2-3 months after but oh no the bloody UK sooks have to complain they get it a week after. Boo hoo!
Since America did get it first, that is why I questioned the 12 hours. That really isn't what I was getting at. Now that he said he had a pirated copy, I lose all respect for him. Pirates have to be stopped.

swooshmeister

Oct 26, 2010
Did you ever think that possibly in my country an xbox game is worth a whole months salary?I'm not going to throw my money away to buy something I'm not sure of wanting.I'm not being a troll so please don't start with the insults.I mainly said my opinion about the game and how I finished it.If you don't wanna believe me that's your problem.:)