Review: Flower

notyouraveragejoe

Dehakchakala!
Nov 8, 2008
Clemenstation said:
I'm super excited for the 'Artistic gaming showdown: Flower vs Braid!' thread that is inevitably coming.

Actually wait, this is the Escapist. I'm super excited for the 'FLOWER GRAPHIX: VERY AWESOME OR SORTA LESS AWEESOME???' thread.
Ouch. On topic I think that Flower looks surreal. I don't think I've seen a game that is as serene as it so far. It'll be interesting to play it...if I do.

Eipok Kruden

Aug 29, 2008
I love it. I just downloaded it and it's one of the best ways you could possibly spend 10 dollars. So peaceful and relaxing. I'd give it a ?/? because you just can't put something like this into a numerical value. It's too unique.

Sir_Chumley_Warner

Dec 25, 2008
It.. left me a bit different. Hard to explain but there was something truly beautiful there... Buy it, it's short but if you have a PS3 you owe it to yourself, the pricing is definitely justifiable.

Corpse XxX

Jan 19, 2009
Really dont know what to make of this game..
Somehow it looks really interesting, but on the other hand it looks like something that i would get tired of after 2 minutes..

If many escapists recommend it in the end i MIGHT just give it a go..

Laerid

May 29, 2008
I absolutely loved it. Strangely enough, my girlfriend didn't. She said it was boring and pointless...aaah, simple minded little thing, but I love her.

I guess you've got to have a certain gaming background, so you can see what flower trully is : something new in videogames, something few have dared to make, and when you've played videogames since the late 80's you can fully grasp why is this such a big deal, why is flower so special.

A true breath of fresh air, loved every second of it (plus the trophies are fun).

Ancientgamer

Jan 16, 2009
I don't know, for some reason reading that kinda cinched it for me that I'll be getting a PS3 as soon as I get a disposable income.

Naal

Feb 24, 2009
Oh wow. When I was a little girl I pretended that I could control the wind. I am also a huge flower child.

I just let my boyfriend know that I'm stealing his PS3 to play this game.

Phantom_Natal

Sep 2, 2009
So good for the eyes and ears.
At some point I was dumb enough to question if the rocks where you fly around was part of stonehenge, not the main rocks though.