Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Propagandasaurus said:
Spinwhiz said:
GuNsLiNgEr X said:
mentor07825 said:
GuNsLiNgEr X said:
Jordan Deam said:
If there's something strange in you neighborhood, who you gonna call?
The Spelling Police. Then the Ghostbusters for the ghost problem.
Oh burn man.

That's just cruel.

That's just horrible.

Especially to a guy who did a review, that I finished reading, up to expectations....

not cool.
Thank you, I do try.
It's also a direct quote from the movie and was actually used on the movie posters back in the 80s.
Uh huh. Do me a favor and read the original that Gunslinger quoted oooooone more time. I think you'll find it enlightening.
buwahahahahahahaha!

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Kuliani said:
I was wondering... since this takes place post-Ghostbusters 2 movie, do they explain how they got the Statue of Liberty back on her island?
A wizard did it.

Got my copy and I can't wait to start busting ghosts. Been waiting 20 years for this game.

yeah_so_no

Sep 11, 2008
sirdanrhodes said:
Yay, another positive review, meanwhile, only 136 days until I can play it.
There isn't a release date for where I live. *sob* I won't be able to get this until the end of December, when I fly to America for Christmas. I want this game so, so much. Curse my lack of a credit card!

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
I gotta say, despite how good the game is, this games launch is so botched.

360 versions aren't available in Europe, but is available in the U.S., the PC version requires an internet connection, but has no co-op (at least it's half price), and I haven't heard a damn thing about the Wii version yet.

Taerdin

Nov 7, 2006
Kuliani said:
I was wondering... since this takes place post-Ghostbusters 2 movie, do they explain how they got the Statue of Liberty back on her island?
Probably not. Also if you look closely you'll notice that at the end of the movie the statue is in fact already back on its island, so its not as if that event occured between the movie and the game, I assume they put it back fairly promptly.

Also I'm OBSESSED with ghostbusters and watched it like a billion times growing up, so I'm definitely picking this up TODAY on my way to work. I just wish I didn't have to work first before I get a chance to play the thing.

I-I-I-I ain't afraid of no ghost!

maxusy3k

May 17, 2008
The reason for no Xbox EU launch yet was covered here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/91603] on this site a month or so back... basically Sony picked up the EU shipping rights or something similar, so it's an EU PS3 exclusive.

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
Just picked up the PC version of the game, and it won't install. Seems a lot of other PC users are having the same problem: installer just says it was aborted before it could finish (BS!)and doesn't install the .exe files.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
This is the only game im looking forward to this year. I will be making a purchase as soon as possible.

DaxStrife said:
Just picked up the PC version of the game, and it won't install. Seems a lot of other PC users are having the same problem: installer just says it was aborted before it could finish (BS!)and doesn't install the .exe files.
after they fix this.

perhaps its out on steam?

Rajin Cajun

Sep 12, 2008
I've been looking forward to this game and now seeing all the positive reviews I am so picking this up this weekend when I get paid.

Soigieoto

Jan 15, 2009
Hahah the whole review the theme song was playing in my head.

Maybe I will have to pick this one up.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
Spinwhiz said:
Flying-Emu said:
I trust you, Dream. I'll go and rent this tonight.

If it sucks, you had better be locking your door!
I would be careful, I'm sure he now owns an unlicensed nuclear accelerator in the form of a backpack.
I'm sure he does.

But I? I have a little thing called... well, I have my neighbor's chainsaw. That's a fair fight right?

Right!?

PaulaG

Jun 16, 2009
ElArabDeMagnifico said:
...and I haven't heard a damn thing about the Wii version yet.
Curses!! That's the only next-gen system I could afford, too...I do hope they make some *Useful* use of the Wii-mote for that, and don't reduce it to random flailing like they did with Star Wars: Force Unleashed

Lazarus Long

Nov 20, 2008
Very awesome, albeit short. I beat it already. Boo. I'm sure I'll go through it again in a week or two, but I wish there was more.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Bought it, loving it. The review is correct, this DEFINATLY plays like a movie, so you gotta take the "EXPERIANCE" into account. Alot of the enemies are reskinned versions of each other (though admittedly, very prettily reskinned). Sometimes the gameplay gets repetetive, but in this case the frequent breathers to soak up the atmosphere actually HELP the game. It would get very boring, very repetetive, very fast- but with it's movie pacing, every encounter is frantic and breathless, and the game does a good job of shocking you and being spooky. It's not frightening by any means, but spooky. The dialogue and story are great, of course, the weapons are fun if a few on them only have videogame cliche uses - I can find no use for the slime tether except a few gimmick puzzles that require it. Shooting a giang booger is fun though.

It looks like it's going to be about average length, 9 to 12 hours depending on how you play, but thats one of those "probably a good thing otherwise it'd wear out it's welcome situation". I strongly suggest you take your time when playing, and switch from PKE meter to normal vision often - the atmosphere is better to take in, in normal vision.

Can't comment on the multiplayer, sounds fun though. Frankly, as frantic and easy it is to shoot your teammates in singleplayer is? This will be goddamn crazy online.

Daemon 085

May 20, 2009
i myself wont buy it because it looks too comic, i dont really play that many "funny" games, and theres stuff coming out about the same time that looks much more worth my money

it loks great though, so fans are most likely in for a treat