Review: GoldenEye 007

TheEndlessSleep

Sep 1, 2010
two things, one less inportant than the other:

1) Did he say Daniel Crag?

2) Notice how inaccurate both players are due to their Wii controllers... a point blank firefight took at lease 20 seconds and that was only because they resorted to Melee. Not looking good when the game requires you to buy the special controller just to make it play correctly.

Dan E

Jun 16, 2010
If its as good as they are saying it is then this game and Kirby's Epic yarn are the only Wii games I buying this year. I own an xbox my bro has the Wii but he'll understand why brothers playing the Wii for days on end when he brings Goldeneye home.

lewism247

Aug 1, 2009
Greg Tito said:
Review: GoldenEye 007

The James Bond remake offers the best multiplayer on the Wii and an updated campaign.

Read Full Article
It does look pretty good, I know someone who has a Wii so if he gets it I'll give it a shot. Plus I never played the original so I guess I may be able to give an opinion that wont be distorted by nostalgia.

Also, nice touch having licensed music in the club scene.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Pirate Yoda Online said:
two things, one less inportant than the other:

1) Did he say Daniel Crag?

2) Notice how inaccurate both players are due to their Wii controllers... a point blank firefight took at lease 20 seconds and that was only because they resorted to Melee. Not looking good when the game requires you to buy the special controller just to make it play correctly.
Considering they both have admitted they don't play shooters with the Wii remote, it just shows that there is a learning curve. I woudln't expect Halo players to pick up a Mouse and Keyboard and 10 kill streak in CS:S (or maybe the other way round would a better example). Plus the settings can be tweaked.

To be honest I would have liked to see someone use those controls who has experience with pointer control, but that's what YouTube is for.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
sweet, Goldeneye is back, they've redone it polished it revamped it and...it's on the Wii

(at least there's no friend code needed)

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Mmm I am somewhat convince into buying this. I never play the original one due to not having the N64 and when I first saw previews of it, I felt it was just a remake and was made for nostalgia. Now that I see that it's alter quite a bit I made buy it (from the look of it, it clearly out shine The Conduit) although there is some others games I want to buy first (Donkey Knog Country Retrun and Golden Sun Dark Dawn). I guessing this will go into my xmas list.

mega48man

Mar 12, 2009
i find it hilarious that

a) there's a good shooter on the Wii
b) there's a good shooter on the Wii and it's james bond, the one franchise little kids shouldn't be into on the console little kids are on
c) the fact that the reason this game is good is because it uses as you said "pretty much an xbox 360 controller" instead of that wii mote crap
d) the party scene is playing Deadmau5 (at a school dance last night, i urged a request to play it by writing it horizontally in big red letters and personally handed it to the DJ, but he never played any deadmau5. my freind saw the paper, but didn't know it was me who gave him that, and he took it and drew the mouse head on it and urged the request)

i've been hearing word of golden eye and i always though they were talking about the original, i didn't know they made a new one until now, thank you for the update.

skylog

Nov 9, 2009
I'm curious as to whether or not you're able to go to the secret island in the Dam level this time.

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
PlasticTree said:
Can I play the game with a normal Gamecube controller, or do I really need to pick up the Classic Controller Pro?
I wasn't able to test this specifically but it says that you can play with the old Wavebird controller for the Gamecube.

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Pirate Kitty said:
"This is as good as gaming currently gets"

You're telling me this game is as good as it currently gets?

I've lost all faith in The Escapist review staff and their ability to be objective.
It's a good game that I would recommend to any owner of the Wii, and that is the very definition of 5 stars for me.

Not perfect, but it's an enjoyable experience all around.

Why isn't it good? have you played it?

PlasticTree

May 17, 2009
Thanks. Well, then I suppose it's time to force my two brothers into a game of James Bond Nightfire once again!

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
Daniel Graig!?!?! That RUINED it right there.

This is NOT what we wanted Nintendo....we wanted a PORT....NOT a remake.

For Shame.

spartan1077

Aug 24, 2010
No. I will not believe that this "remake" is better than the original. The original was almost a perfect stealth, shooter, thing. All they had to do was up the graphics and make it work on a controller nowadays. But NO! They had to make it so you didn't switch through sixteen different weapons to get to your mines and NO! you don't have to slap fights but instead it's all ONE BUTTON! Which is the downfall of a lot of games. And the campaign was amazing in the original and now it looks like nothing.

Necrofudge

May 17, 2009
I played the game today and I gotta say, without the gold controller that it comes with, the game can't be played effectively.
Other than that, it's pretty nice and makes me nostalgic for the old one on the N64.