Review: Kinect and Launch Titles

aPod

Jan 14, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
I really wish I had a bigger room...

I wanna play Dance Central REALLY bad.

Even by myself, that game would be fun to me.
I agree, i don't even know if it would be fun but it sure as hell would be awesome to learn how to dance like Travolta in Saturday Night Fever. My god, i'd be unstoppable.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
I've Seen a lot of reviews of Kinect and it's launch titles. My favorite quote is from the Angry Joe review.

"If you like music rhythm games like Rock Band and DDR, and were willing to dish out the money for all the drums, guitars ect. Then thinking of Kinect as Dance Centrals peripheral makes it seem alot more resonable."

That being said, I wont get one because I don't want to move around while playing Vidja games. I already have a job and a 2 hour workout routine, I'm exhausted enough.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
What I really want to see is the inevitable YouTube clip of someone pulling a Geddan in Dance Central.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
ark123 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

Unless you're a girl and under 16, it is NOT ok to be shaking your ass in front of the TV under any circumstances. Not even if it's a zombie hitler rape simulator. Plastic guitars are gay enough.
You'd better stay clear of Kinect. And are we still on the "gay is an insult" thing? Seriously.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
ark123 said:
lacktheknack said:
ark123 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

Unless you're a girl and under 16, it is NOT ok to be shaking your ass in front of the TV under any circumstances. Not even if it's a zombie hitler rape simulator. Plastic guitars are gay enough.
You'd better stay clear of Kinect. And are we still on the "gay is an insult" thing? Seriously.
Please spare me the fake PC bullshit. If the only think that separates what you're doing from what an 8 year old girl wearing a ballet skirt in the front of the mirror going "I'm a pretty princess!" is the fact that there's an xbox running "Pretty Princess Simulatornekt" there instead of a mirror, it's still gay. And you know perfectly well what I mean by gay.
Think before you speak!

A. I'm one of the least politically correct people out there.

B. No, I still haven't pinned down what you mean by gay, because the word now has about twenty definitions.

C. It's not a ballet princess simulator, it's a hip-hop/choreographed dance sim. And if you actually think that dancing is automatically "gay" (whatever you mean), then don't attend your prom... or clubs... or weddings. And have a pleasant, blissfully ignorant life.

ark123

Feb 19, 2009
lacktheknack said:
blah blah blah blah
Whatever. Have fun being manly while you shake your ass to "Poker Face" while making vogue signs with your hands for extra points. I'm sure you'll impress a lot of....girls.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
These reviews pretty much sum up my feelings on the Kinect so far. I'm actually impressed by the technology now that it's been released, and I do feel tempted to pick it up, but there's just no games right now that appeal to me enough to make me really want one enough to put out the cash.

For those lamenting the lack of titles overall, though, I'm not really seeing where your complaints are coming from. Compared to even most full blown console launches, Kinect does have a fair number of games available already. If you're complaining about there not being enough (any?) games actually targeted at more dedicated gamers then I see what you mean, and completely agree, but "there's not enough games!" arguments just fall flat.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
ark123 said:
lacktheknack said:
blah blah blah blah
Whatever. Have fun being manly while you shake your ass to "Poker Face" while making vogue signs with your hands for extra points. I'm sure you'll impress a lot of....girls.
Go watch this
http://www.mediaed.org/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=211
If people like dancing, they'll like a dancing game. If people like singing to a song, they'll play singing games. You're not a homosexual if you enjoy said things, as such you were using gay as a derogatory term.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Kinectimals is possibly one of the best games to play when your stoned off your rocker.

"WHOOOOOA~ DUDE! That tiger just totally pulled 10 tons of gold coins out of the ground. Hu hu hu hu..... kitty...."

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
I'd love to get this for Kinectimals and Dance Central but the only place I have with enough room is my roof.

Exterminas

Sep 22, 2009
Nouw said:
Susan Arendt said:
Nouw said:
Good to see the usual open-minded review. I guess it doesn't have enough appeal for us gamers.
I'm probably setting myself up for mockery here, but I must confess - I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.
I was being serious here, but I can't blame you as now that I re-read it, it could be taken as sarcasm.
I second this. If it was my job to review kinect, the review would probably involve a Sledge Hammer and maybe some Napalm.

On the other hand seeing the regular alphas of the Escapist-nerd-pack dancing has some kind of bewildering charm to it. ^^

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Must resist kinectimals, is that thas weaponised cuteness yahtzee mentioned?

MmmFiber

Apr 19, 2009
ark123 said:
lacktheknack said:
blah blah blah blah
I can see myself and every other straight male on the planet looking gay while playing dance central. And if you're white it gets compounded because you don't have any rhythm.

BTW lacktheknack, while you're looking gaytarded attempting to dance, ark123 and I will be looking cool and talking to the girls you are trying to impress. While you were busting a move, a couple of guys at the party were eying you, though. Good Luck with that. Just tell them to be gentle.

PS: I would still totally play that game. Also: I kid, I kid.

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
Mostly interested in dance central and somehow Kinectimals (for some strange bizarre reason i seem to like the idea of it). Problem is i will be 250 euro lighter if i bought and that is something i can not spare atm. >.<

And wishing microsoft would sell kinect without a game is like asking a bear to talk like people(muppet show excluded from that remark) highly impossible

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
ark123 said:
lacktheknack said:
blah blah blah blah
Right. Because girls just hate hanging out with guys who are self-assured enough to be willing to make fools of themselves in public, and are confident enough in their sexuality to not be concerned that having fun being silly and dancing might make them look "gay." Yeah. Girls haaaate those kind of guys.

Nouw said:
Susan Arendt said:
Nouw said:
Good to see the usual open-minded review. I guess it doesn't have enough appeal for us gamers.
I'm probably setting myself up for mockery here, but I must confess - I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.
I was being serious here, but I can't blame you as now that I re-read it, it could be taken as sarcasm.
Then thank you very much for the kind words. :)