Review: Madden NFL 11

infinity_turtles

Apr 17, 2010
Delusibeta said:
vikeif said:
Delusibeta said:
Ultimately, there is a large and glaring difference between "you're wrong, here's why" and "you're wrong, go die in a hole". If you can't tell the difference (and judging from his posts here, LordKaT can't), then please get lost.
then begone, if you can't even care to look at both reviews done by both sides then you are just as bad.

Beside who actually come here for more than Yahtzee anymore anyway. this review has fully sparked drama and yahtzee's video has already doubled the comments with just people saying "good review." I mean really shouldn't you guys get off it and stop fan-boying out. Funk is still a reviewer and LordKat still doesn't give a shit about it and all the crusading in world won't change the fact that almost everyone is here for yahtzee and LLR.
Meh. That may be true, but I don't give a damn about EA Sports games anyway. Although if you (generic you, not you specifically) can't articulate an opposing view to a review without wishing the reviewer fired or dead, then I ain't interested. (Even though as far as I'm concerned, it could be crap in a box or gold in a box, I still wouldn't buy it. Oh, and it's LRR)
Based on his second post in this thread, he didn't actually mean that. He meant it both as a joke and to emphasize the fact that he couldn't believe such a glowing review could be legit. His hostility is part of his comedic style. It doesn't translate into text very we.... at all.

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
infinity_turtles said:
Delusibeta said:
vikeif said:
Delusibeta said:
Ultimately, there is a large and glaring difference between "you're wrong, here's why" and "you're wrong, go die in a hole". If you can't tell the difference (and judging from his posts here, LordKaT can't), then please get lost.
then begone, if you can't even care to look at both reviews done by both sides then you are just as bad.

Beside who actually come here for more than Yahtzee anymore anyway. this review has fully sparked drama and yahtzee's video has already doubled the comments with just people saying "good review." I mean really shouldn't you guys get off it and stop fan-boying out. Funk is still a reviewer and LordKat still doesn't give a shit about it and all the crusading in world won't change the fact that almost everyone is here for yahtzee and LLR.
Meh. That may be true, but I don't give a damn about EA Sports games anyway. Although if you (generic you, not you specifically) can't articulate an opposing view to a review without wishing the reviewer fired or dead, then I ain't interested. (Even though as far as I'm concerned, it could be crap in a box or gold in a box, I still wouldn't buy it. Oh, and it's LRR)
Based on his second post in this thread, he didn't actually mean that. He meant it both as a joke and to emphasize the fact that he couldn't believe such a glowing review could be legit. His hostility is part of his comedic style. It doesn't translate into text very we.... at all.
Ultimately, for people who haven't heard of him (e.g. me.) then all it does as come off as him being a jerk. You can't tell sarcasm on the internet, and so on and so forth.

cloudskyff7

Sep 1, 2009
I agree with Lordkat.

John Funk, I hope you watch his rant about the game and at least consider an update on this game. This game is very buggy. Just now I heard the announcer say. 'The New York Titans and the Cincinnati Cowboys.'

I wanted to play this game with friends / relatives, that's why I bought this game. But, man, this game has a lot of serious problems (BtW, ps3 version).
I hadn't had the game 'freeze' on me, but some of the screens, like pause, and menu features take a lot of time to load - like 3-5 minutes. WtF is wrong with this game?

John Funk, I know you were blown away by the GameFlow mechanic. But that feature is very far from perfect. Even after tweaking, it still gives stupid plays about 50% of the time.

If the game is so streamline and 'fast', why does it take forever to select another play? Why do I have to watch two different replays before the option to select a play appears. All I end up doing is mashing the X button all the time to skip the worthless ads and replays.

I've played better Madden games. I just hope I can get my $'s worth out of this thing with online play w/friends.

This game didn't go through enough testing and deserves a more critical review than John Funk's.

instantbenz

Pixel Pusher
Mar 25, 2009
You're saying this episode of Madden couldn't be a dlc?

I'm impressed.

And yes, schadenfreude is one of my most favorite delicacies.

reeseu60

Aug 22, 2010
are u crazy? this is the worst madden of all time! the defence is ridiculously hard this year. sure i love all the new features, but this year theres no good d. i just got done with a game online and the final was 77-73 with jets and titans.....really...?last year i let up 9 pts a game and scored 31 this year i let up 38 a game and score 56..... in zone the defence stands there and in man they get blown off the ball. zone should be ;like last year. last year on a 3rd in 10 i would run cover 4 and stop them easy. when i knew it was a pass i used cover 3. this year those r the 2 worst defensive plays....i dont think ive ever played a worst madden. the features are amazing and so are the graphics lkike the new kicking system is awsome to me. but fix how easy ofence is and how hard defence is.all u gotta do is mrun 4 verticals and throw it to the tight end on the post. i really hope the next madden isnt this terrible

mkeyckor

Sep 7, 2008
How can you HONESTLY rate this game as a 10/10? Like, really? REALLY? I have a problem with people who rate this game a 10 because a lot of gamers go out looking at reviews to determine whether or not it warrants a purchase. The only real reason I could see someone rating this game as a 10 is because this is the only (cringes to type this) "real football game" on the market thanks to EA exclusivity rights. Rating this game 10/10 is irresponsible writing.

Jimi13

Aug 27, 2010
A perfect 10 out of 10??? You have got to be kidding me? How can a football game that can't even implement tackling correctly be a perfect 10? There are so many animation glitches and even with Gus Johnson to liven things up, he commentary is botched and still lacking what most sports games offer there. You have got to be dumb, deaf & blind or EA paid for this review. I'm completely baffled.

Lotoes

May 17, 2010
LordKaT said:
Freebird. said:
Just a small tip if you want to stay around here. Don't wish death on staff members. Surely you can see why that's a stupid thing to do.
Protip: Comedy exists outside of your Yhatzee. Sometimes people even use it to emphasize a point in their criticism of an article.

In either case, ban me, probation, whatever you do. It's your community, and I don't particularly care about it. I still think the staff member in question is so phenomenally stupid that they really should never write another article again and instead get a job working in a Deli.
Dear John Funk of Escapist Magazine,

No. Just stop. LordKaT is a well respected member of the internet/game critic community. I assure you that you are, in fact, so very god damn wrong when it comes to Madden 11. I have played nearly every Madden game made, long before you even took an interest in the franchise. You sir, are a corporate sellout, who was quite obviously paid for his opinion. Other than Yahtzee, pretty much everyone at Escapist is out of their minds when it comes to well founded criticism. Explain to me how you can find the commentary oh so riveting when it is so badly recorded and cut into game play. Why do the fields have no rendering whatsoever and support no realistic damage when played on like in reality? Why are the thousands of fans in the stands rendered from the same 3 polygon patterns that all do the EXACT same actions at the EXACT same time? Why is the challenge system so broken? I make a play and the defense is clearly in error, yet the wondrous mechanics of Madden 11 thought that I was not challenging the clearly foul play, but rather that I thought the defense was off sides. Are you shitting me John Funk of Escapist Magazine? Are you really?