Review: Mass Effect 2

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Review: Mass Effect 2

Want to save the universe? Hope you're ready to get your hands dirty.

Read Full Article

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Sounds good. But they toned down the RPG part of combat it seems. And the combat was already RPG Lite to begin with. Now it sounds like just a shooter.

Will I miss too much by having ignored the really boring side quests of ME1 for my ME1 transfer data?

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Noooo...i just bought STO! dont have time for this and that!...

Guess ill just have to wait till its $30 like the last game ._.

addeB

Oct 2, 2009
Sounds good, i really can't wait much longer for this game! :D
and yeah the video doesn't work : /

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Onyx Oblivion said:
Sounds good. But they toned down the RPG a ton it seems. And the combat was already RPG Lite to begin with.

Will I miss too much by having ignored the really boring side quests of ME1 for my ME1 transfer data?
I wouldn't say they toned down the RPG a lot at all. ME2 is virtually identical to ME in that regard - though I will say that stat allocation has been tweaked slightly. As for whether you missed too much by skipping side quests...overall, I'd say no. You'll perhaps miss maybe a reference or two, but if you played the majority of the game, you're good.

Joa_Belgium

Aug 29, 2009
Connor Lonske said:
Video does not work, and I hope the game is as good as you described.
Same here, the video died. Very much looking forward to the game, which should be in my mailbox any day now.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Sounds good. But they toned down the RPG a ton it seems. And the combat was already RPG Lite to begin with.

I wouldn't say they toned down the RPG a lot at all. ME2 is virtually identical to ME in that regard - though I will say that stat allocation has been tweaked slightly. As for whether you missed too much by skipping side quests...overall, I'd say no. You'll perhaps miss maybe a reference or two, but if you played the majority of the game, you're good.
I played the first 3 times. Well, kinda. I beat it once, got up to the end two more times. Then the side questing made me give up. Well, then. *back to ME 1* To finish up the main plot.

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
is it me or does the paragon/renegade conversation option sound liek a boiled down QTE? Sounds great but I cant get the vid to work either

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Onyx Oblivion said:
Susan Arendt said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

I played the first 3 times. Well, kinda. I beat it once, got up to the end two more times. Then the side questing made me give up. Well, then. *back to ME 1* To finish up the main plot.
Then I'd say you're good. :D's

And it is kind of like a QTE, but it's optional and actually quite cool.

insectoid

Aug 19, 2008
Way to make me want to buy a game I promised myself I couldn't have until I finish the ones I got. Must...stay away...from.......shops....

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
Actually a good review. Mail people screwed up and gave me my copy yesterday already, so I've already got 9 hours clocked and planning on adding way more after tonight. I love the game, save for the mining of course, and feel as if it adds to the legacy they've began to create

Steampunk Viking

Jan 15, 2010
3... more... days... *Rocks back and forth in the corner*

Damn you lucky North Americans! This is torture... TORTURE I SAY!