Review: NBA 2K11

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
I cannot say I am not excited for the game (now I know what to get for a buddy of mine on his birthday), but are we going to get a review for NBA Jam as well? I really want a verdict for it.

Wolcik

Jul 18, 2009
Recreating sounds less like a mission and more like a whiny excuse to show an old star in a way that would matter right now... I'm not into NBA ever since 2000...

Looking For Alaska

Jan 5, 2009
I've been a lifelong NBA 2K fan. 2K7 was great, but then they were in a slump for a while. This is the best yet, best sports game ever possibly.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
This game is great. It comes in my top 5 sports game list and damn, I haved played lots of sports games.
Yossarian1507 said:
All I care about is My Player mode. In 2k10 it was extremely fun, but also terribly buggy. If those bugs are gone, then I think NBA 2k11 will battle hard with Civ 5 and my real life for my time during the evenings :)
I have only played half a season so far but let me say this: It's better than the one in 2k10. Quite a lot better. You actually have to play as your position (in 2k10 I played as a 7-5 center that played like a guard and scored like 60 ppg), the positions are more refined and speed stats are capped for big guys (so you can't have 99 quickness as a center, which is good). You get lot's of interviews and it actually feels like someone giving a shit if you break records or put up good games. You also get endorsed by Jordan and get your own shows and billboards etc. It's pretty much like the mode in 10 with more polish and more longetivity. Mini games are more refined and fair too.

Anyway, get the game. The most significant thing that the review didn't pick up on are the controls. I don't know why, but simply moving around is so much more accurate now. The dribble moves and controls are simply awesome. You can't go back after this one.

IamSofaKingRaw

Jun 28, 2010
ForgottenPr0digy said:
I have to agree with you in every sim basketball game trying to use playbook plays never work right and the game doesn't give you and mode to actually practice those plays to see how they actually work in the game.
This game has a mode for that under practice.