Review: Overlord 2

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
I downloaded the demo for this a little whil ago, and was very intruiged. But I'm slightly confused. In the demo, both the camera an the controls worked a treat - not in any particularly amazing way, mind you, but enough that I didn't notice any problem. Is the demo just misleading, or is the Ps3 version better in that respect?
The demo is just misleading. In the demo you aren't really doing that many things that rely too much on the camera, the full game however is a different story.

Spudgun Man

Oct 29, 2008
Not quite right on the minion leveling, it depends on their equipment and amount of armour. The higher you upgrade your Brown Barracks the more armour and a quick trip to conquered nordberg will get you a load of fully tooled up lvl 9 minions. And that is from new borns.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Spudgun Man said:
Not quite right on the minion leveling, it depends on their equipment and amount of armour. The higher you upgrade your Brown Barracks the more armour and a quick trip to conquered nordberg will get you a load of fully tooled up lvl 9 minions. And that is from new borns.
Well, the longer they fight for you, the more armor, etc., they're likely to acquire, but the way I said it made it sound more like XP, which isn't the case. Thanks for helping to clarify that.

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
I just bought this game about 20 minutes ago. Unfortunately, I didn't get to start it yet because my brother just HAS to play Harvest Moon. Anyway, the demo was fun, although the camera was a pain sometimes, and since it wasn't that far into the game it was mainly button-mashing. I'm sure when I get more kinds of minions and more magical powers, it will be MUCH more fun.

This game makes me think of a diabolical version of Pikmin though.

dungeonmaster

Apr 30, 2008
Im evil. And I love Susan Arendt. I may have to try this game. But you say the camera is really bad Susan? Im fairly impatient, I tend to break controllers if it is to frustrating.

Lord Thodin

Jul 1, 2009
I loved the first one seeing as how it gave no "moral choices". It was be badass, or be badass......ier.........well i cant wait to buy the new one.

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
The PC version of the first Overlord was good. I'll want this one I think, but I'll check out a few more reviews.

Is the sequel more challenging than the original?
The first was also a bit short. Is Overlord 2 longer or shorter?

Also, Susan is wrong about the nature of the player character

*** SPOILER ***

There's a plot twist in Overlord 1 that explains why the Overlord can choose to do nice things, like saving elves and such.
You are the good guy. You were the good guy and you can choose if you want to keep doing good things or not.
All the minions did was put on overlord costume on an injured (or dead) hero to make him the new overlord.

Osaka-chaness

Jul 4, 2009
xD I read in GameInformer that the developers of this game intentionally insulted all those rights groups and such...just so no one would feel left out and all xD

I'm gonna get this after I get a job and all the games I'm waiting for this Fall......>.> Too many of them DX

Thanks for the review ^^

DrunkWithPower

Apr 17, 2009
Ahh yes, the baby seals, reminds me of a joke. Everytime I go golfing (seldom) I use this line "hmmm, all these clubs and no baby seals."

DeathWyrmNexus

Jan 5, 2008
Well I technically am already in the boat to get Overlord 2 as I played 1 and the DLC but I definitely appreciated the view and look forward to resuming my subjugation of mortals. Filthy peasants...

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
PC version is definatly alot easier to control, I played the original overlord on PC first then on the 360 and just couldn't play it. The Sequel plays ALOT better with the 360 controller, the way they hotkeyed the magic is alot better.

Overlord 2 is basically like Overlord 1, but with more cruelty and boobies, and a more refined experiance. The quests in Overlord 2 are alot more varied as well, involving more then fetch lever and turn wheel, and the minion dungeons to get the hives are alot shorter and to the point now.

Great game, better then the first in every reguard.

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
I loved the original Overlord (hard-to-deal-with console controls aside) so I may have to spend some dough and pick this up. On the other hand, maybe I'll stick with the original 'till the price drops a ways.
I hope the green minions are still kickin'.

Doug Damage

Feb 4, 2009
I have the PC version (via Steam) and I haven't had any major problems with the controls but every once and a while when I try to sweep my Minions the camera sorta goes off and does it's own thing. All and all, I think this a a good game.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
The camera of overlord 2 annoys me slightly but it will grow on me i guess.