Review: Splatterhouse

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
awww I was excited for this game... maybe I'll give it a try and then trade it in for something better.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
Greg Tito said:
Review: Splatterhouse

Blood and boobs do not a game make.

Read Full Article
I am sad Greg Tito, you didn't mention in your review that the voice of the homicidal, God-powered, blood thirsty, tempting, tormenting, ever-hungry mask of DEATH is the voice of Winny the Pooh's TIGER!

Lord_Gremlin

Apr 10, 2009
I'm actually playing it on PS3 now and it's actually really good. Platforming and combat are much better than in Castelvania: LoS, and combat just feels really good and responsive.
It has somewhat... Ninja Gaiden feel to it: soon enough you will learn to fight without receiving any damage, while most enemies can in theory deal huge damage - and this makes combat intensively satisfying. As for platforming - it's not really hard, I'd say it's mostly easy, it's just really bland and a bit boring. No Persian princes here.

And yes, the Mask is really funny. And review is generally bullshit, honestly. Greg Tito sucks at this game I presume? BTW weapons actually last quite long, especially if you upgrade corresponding skill. Also you're always free to grab an enemy and tear his arm off to use it as weapon. After a couple of chapters you can keep yourself always armed by either fleshy or metal weapon.

Feb 13, 2008
Sad...the original was so groundbreaking.

JUMBO PALACE said:
Edit: Jim Cummings voices the mask and does an amazing job. The guy does everything :p
Although...Mr Minsc/Psycrow....tough choice now...

Can I just buy the voice/soundtrack and forget about the game?

Valagetti

Good Coffee, cheaper than prozac
Aug 20, 2010
That game looks really rubbish. Just reboot old games in order to make money, its a little bit insulting!

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
InsaneFool said:
I wanna try this game out, mostly because (a) it looks like a nice mindless brawler with tons of gore and (b) a kick-ass soundtrack featuring the likes of Lamb of God and Cavelera Conspiracy which I'm kinda disappointed did receive any mention in the review.
Exactly. Plus I want to find out the end of the Story :D

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Why did you even review it, 5 second of gameplay and you can see it's utter sh*t.

We would all greatly appreciate if you review a game worth our time, or atleast worth mentioning.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Fronzel said:
Looks like a joke as a horror game. The originals were much better at that.
Erm... I dont think that the game is trying to be a horror game, you cant judge him as if it was.

Mass B

Mar 2, 2010
Just another example of how the games industry, as well as the people who buy these kinds of games, seriously need to grow up

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
at least the music is done by municipal waste. right? right?

game's only saving grace and people are just too much of pussies to like it :mad:

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
I'm still probably going to pick this up eventually. Riduculous amounts of blood is an amusing way to relieve stress, and I've alway kinda wanted to play the original 3 Splatterhouse games. The nude photo collecting seems a bit immature I agree (I'm 13) and it doesn't seem like a good thing. However, I do like old slasher film storylines. Not for complexity, but because they're just fun in general. Plus, I never finished God of War (Damn you, scratched disk!) so this might be kinda fun.

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
So where, at the start of this games concept, someone had a good idea for a game // But to many work through and meetings about 'how to make it desirable to the teen market' ruined what could have been a good game // Oh well, we may never know how

-M