Review: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010

Am I the only one who still misses Kyle Katarn?

Read Full Article

TheAmazingTGIF

Friday Only Superhero
Aug 5, 2009
If only he was actually "on the fun from his former master". Oh how I agree with this. Should have been good, but isn't. At all. It is a trial in self inflicted pain.

EDIT: I miss Kyle too.

Jul 22, 2009
I'll probably try this out when my brother inevitably buys it.

I just hope they fixed the stupid 'force shields' and that we don't get another disgustingly bad quick time event... *shudder* it was so horrible.

Elementlmage

Aug 14, 2009
Go play Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast instead. It may be eight years old but it's still better at being what The Force Unleashed is trying to be.
Amen to that, I just played through it a couple months ago. Heck, there are even full multiplayer servers after all these years.

Also, twin lightsaber all the way. All those double lightsaber chumps are just trying to move spam you to death. But the twin lightsaber... that is the dance of death baby.

jtesauro

Freelance Detective
Nov 8, 2009
Steve Butts said:

Read Full Article
For what it's worth, whenever I play Knights of the Old Republic, my Jedi always takes the Duelist talents.

Because yes, I only ever use one Lightsaber.

OT: Yeah, as much as I was looking forward to this game, ( And god I really was, I WANTED it to be good ), after I tried the demo, from what you're saying this is exactly what I expected it to be. It felt like a cash grab.

I think that problem is partly with Starkiller. How the hell do you sustain someone that powerful in that universe? He'd fit better in the Old Republic where you could have him against any number of other, somewhat similarly powerful adversaries and in so doing, GIVE him a challenge! But even in the demo when Starkiller is running from Vader, I kept thinking, "Dude. You destroyed Vader last time you guys met, why the hell are you running?" And it just completely broke immersion for me.

Ah well.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
Elementlmage said:
Go play Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast instead. It may be eight years old but it's still better at being what The Force Unleashed is trying to be.
Amen to that, I just played through it a couple months ago. Heck, there are even full multiplayer servers after all these years.
I plan on getting my Dark Forces fix on Steam for Christmas. Perhaps the best series of Star Wars games ever. And Kyle Katarn? There will never be another. Especially when he starts rocking the beard.

Loonerinoes

Apr 9, 2009
Usually I don't rise up to 'Am I the only one who...' lines, because I find them far too overbearing. But in your case, and considering the topic, I'll make an exception.

No. You are certainly not the only one. Kyle Katarn still holds up for me as probably my all time favourite Jedi. I still remember when me and my brother finally got the lightsaber how we took turns at the controls at taking swings at those stones and then the bar fight...man was that epic. The only two Jedi characters that can really compete with him are Zayne Carrick from the KOTOR comics and just maybe Obi-Wan...but other than that...naw. Kyle was the man...and his Bryar Pistol too. :)

That said, I actually like TFU's story...it actually went pretty damn well. But yeah...I mean...after taking on Vader and the Emperor in the final battles...I agree, I can't see how TFU 2's boss fights could really get any kind of rise out of me at this point. Plus I kinda liked TFU's ending - that you die, but through your death you allow the Alliance to be born. Story could've ended right there and then as far as I'm concerned but whelp... *shrug*

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010
Yeah, the beginning of Jedi Outcast is so obnoxious but once you get the lightsaber... it doesn't get any better than that.

King_Serpent

GUY YOU DON'T KNOW
Jul 12, 2010
I miss Kyle as well. What ever happened to that style of Star Wars game? Jedi outcast II was the first real game I ever bought. I played the game to death. I can't say how many times I replayed it. Why can't they take the style from that game at least. Eight years old and it still beats the crap out of the Force Unleashed.

Googenstien

Jul 6, 2010
I found the graphics really good and sound was great too.. rest of the actual game was crap. All you had to do was spam the one force bolt attack over and over and it cleared groups of stormtroopers with ease.

Game is lame

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Steve Butts said:
No, you are not. And you are also not the only one sick of all the "Dual Wielded Lightsabers BRO!" crap that's been getting more and more pervasive in anything Star Wars related.

Arisato-kun

Apr 22, 2009
I still love it regardless. It's an incredibly fun game.

I'm also one of those oddballs that ranks the original Force Unleashed right below Knights of the Old Republic. :p

Twad

Nov 19, 2009
I never liked the jedi one bit to begin with. THey are boring invincible heroes imho... thee only thing that can be seen as a threat to them are only other jedis or random god-like warriors.

Im more likely to cheer when a basic stromtrooper do something smart (like not engaging a jedi in melee with his gun, use cover ect), than seeing a jedi do another of his more or less flashy trick to win the day.. again.

Then again, the only SW game i liked was Battlefront2 when i was playing as a clone trooper with my friend.

Duffy13

May 18, 2009
The setting, scale, and art was wonderful. The combat options themselves were solid, if a bit sluggish to what I would prefer. The story and actual game flow...pretty mediocre to bad. This game seems ripe to be an example of bad design decisions that just ruin a solid premise.

Apr 28, 2008
Huh, and with the first game it was the cruddy controls yet great story that drove the game.

Interesting.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
I wouldn't say the older Jedi games were that great comparably...

but I feel like FU2 fixes some things (gameplay mainly) that FU1 failed at, even if it did lose some other things tho

Loonerinoes

Apr 9, 2009
Jandau said:
Steve Butts said:
No, you are not. And you are also not the only one sick of all the "Dual Wielded Lightsabers BRO!" crap that's been getting more and more pervasive in anything Star Wars related.
Dual Wielded Lightsabers aren't really that much of a problem for me and neither are the doublebladed ones for that matter. Then again, I guess it could stem from me loving the 2D Clone Wars Assaj Ventress fight with Anakin so damn much.

Nah, it's the 'reverse lightsaber hold' that rattles my begonias. Aight fine...I guess Starkiller started it so it's aight if he uses it...but when you start seeing Revan using it on the recent SWTOR timeline vids...it kinda starts to REALLY irk you that they'd begin to assign it to all the 'really badass' Jedi and Sith from now on heh...yeah, I sure hope they don't. ;)

LtWiesel

Jul 26, 2010
You can't be more badass than Kyle Katarn, no matter how many lightsabers you have...

also....Starkiller? really? Obi wan, Luke and Starkiller? Is he 12yo and was allowed to choose his own name, i mean...the next dark lord will be Darth Sithroxx0r if it continues this way ^^

OctalLord

May 20, 2010
One thing the "Video review supplement" showed me, was during the space battle scene. There's a rebel transport. What is that doing in a space battle? And why is it just sitting there doing nothing. It's half-way behind the frontline and if my memory of the expanded universe is true then that transport should AT LEAST be trying to land on some planet nearby.

For gosh sakes the things are hardly even armed! Much less built for a large scale space skirmish with star destroyers and the like.

jez29

Nov 18, 2009
BlueInkAlchemist said:
Elementlmage said:
I plan on getting my Dark Forces fix on Steam for Christmas. Perhaps the best series of Star Wars games ever. And Kyle Katarn? There will never be another. Especially when he starts rocking the beard.
I still think the JK games still remain the best experience of combat as a Jedi, at least in terms of an action game (KOTOR was pretty damn good). I've just played TFU for the first time (admittedly on the Wii) but the combat in Jedi Outcast and Academy has so much more fluency and grace. The lightsaber actually felt like a weapon with weight and power, unlike the magic glowsticks that Starkiller carries. The fights in TFU feel like their driven by set animations, whereas those in Jedi Knight are driven by the player's skill.
It also helps that JK has great main character. Kyle could fight off the apprentice with his shoelaces tied together wielding the stun baton from the starting levels of Outcast. And blindfolded.

Jafe_45

Mar 28, 2009
Fabian Stetter said:
You can't be more badass than Kyle Katarn, no matter how many lightsabers you have...

also....Starkiller? really? Obi wan, Luke and Starkiller? Is he 12yo and was allowed to choose his own name, i mean...the next dark lord will be Darth Sithroxx0r if it continues this way ^^
Actually his name is Galen Marek... i think

FlameUnquenchable

Apr 27, 2010
Glad this game sucked. I hate the Starkiller character, I hate this story, I hate everything that has to do with ramping up Jedi powers. They keep making them more and more powerful and stupid. Before Jedi were vulnerable, they had weaknesses, and even the best of them could go down to a well placed shot or explosion. For some reason Lucas Arts seems to love pandering to fanboys who think that Jedi should be unstoppable Juggernauts that can't be taken down. Same goes for Mandalorians, who were cool, and are now getting overhyped.

The Star Wars Universe needs to be toned down a lot, and bring things back to a low roar. The whole reason the first story was Epic was because they were small not so powerful people doing big things!!!! Making things more powerful doesn't equate to more epic Lucas, and LucasArts, please learn that.

Edit: Go back and read up on your Joseph Campbell and then try again.

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
Steve Butts said:
Every time there's a topic about SW games I always mention Kyle Katarn. He's the best SW character ever created. He's actually likable and his actions make sense which is not something you often see in SW universe.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Steve Butts said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Ahem.

Seriously though, I can't believe they fucked this up. I would slay a mermaid for KotOR 3 (not that I'm not looking forward to TOR in it's own right, but it's not the same). Let's face it, when it comes to Star Wars games Lucas Arts should only be allowed to lease the license, not make anything from it. Their development studio is simply sub-par.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I played the demo and wasn't really impressed. It looked good but it just raised the question, 'why does my lightsaber cut off limbs now?'

Really my biggest issue (feel free to call me a fanboy for this) is that you can't use the Jedi Mind Trick to make someone kill themselves. Half the time I used it, the Stormtroopers would jump off of platforms. It's cool to get them to fight for you but there's no way (in the demo at least) of getting them to fight for you all the time.

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010
FlameUnquenchable said:
The Star Wars Universe needs to be toned down a lot, and bring things back to a low roar. The whole reason the first story was Epic was because they were small not so powerful people doing big things!!!! Making things more powerful doesn't equate to more epic Lucas, and LucasArts, please learn that.
Remember in the first movie when most people didn't even believe in the Force?

Makes you wonder how they managed that when you can apparently see a Jedi pulling spaceships out of orbit wherever you go.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Huh, I'm a bit shocked really, I played the demo and the game seemed to hold a lot of promise. I do get the feeling that maybe you're being a bit harsh for whatever reason but I think you've put me off buying despite that. I'll rent and if it's good I'll get it when the price comes down.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well I didn't expect much from this one, as the first one was piss poor compared to good games.
And even my Star Wars fanboy-ism can't mellow me down to give this one a go.

Jedi Outcast brought it 8 years ago, now they struggle to get anything decent together with all the awesome tech we now have... so very sad.

Mr. Socky

Apr 22, 2009
I thought that Jedi Outcast was terrible. The shooting mechanics were awful, the weapons were boring, and you had to go through a ton of uninspired shooting levels to get to the fun lightsaber bits. *cue nerd rage*
On the other hand, I really enjoyed Force Unleashed 1 & 2.

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
Glad somebody else loves the Jedi Knight series. I remember my time in Jedi Academy multiplayer...a jawa character with a double bladed red lightsaber. Good times...
Anyway, it's kinda hard to take the story seriously if the protagonist could take the death star by himself. From a planet within weapon range. While blindfolded. *sigh* kids and their stupid uebermasculine power fantasies...

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010
Yeah, this is one of the problems with Jedis. It's the same with Superman. You want to give them a real sense that they can just breeze through ordinary challenges but still give them an obstacle worthy of their powers. Hitting that sweet spot between too tough and not nearly tough enough is what makes or breaks this type of game. Jedi Knight did it way better.

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
Much love for the underappreciated Death-Star-plan-stealing Kyle Katarn.

We need another Jedi Knight game. Seriously.

And oi, I always ended up using Dual Lightsabers on Jedi Academy. But I did that before it was cool.... :p

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
Loonerinoes said:
Jandau said:
Steve Butts said:
Dual Wielded Lightsabers aren't really that much of a problem for me and neither are the doublebladed ones for that matter. Then again, I guess it could stem from me loving the 2D Clone Wars Assaj Ventress fight with Anakin so damn much.

Nah, it's the 'reverse lightsaber hold' that rattles my begonias. Aight fine...I guess Starkiller started it so it's aight if he uses it...but when you start seeing Revan using it on the recent SWTOR timeline vids...it kinda starts to REALLY irk you that they'd begin to assign it to all the 'really badass' Jedi and Sith from now on heh...yeah, I sure hope they don't. ;)
Whaaat?!? That...they can't....Revan...oh my God. That's blasphemy. Horrible. This was a joke...right?

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010
Force powers were enough for me in the first game, but the quick-time events were a real grind.

Steve Butts said:

Read Full Article
Typical that I find out about this guy only after my PS2 stops working. Hell the game came out 5 years before i even GOT my PS2. Curse my parents for not indulging me more as a child! >(

saito82

Oct 5, 2010
Steve Butts said:

Read Full Article
That caption made me really happy...glad to know there are others out there that still love Kyle Katarn :)

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
Steve Butts said:
Yeah, the beginning of Jedi Outcast is so obnoxious but once you get the lightsaber... it doesn't get any better than that.
I liked Jedi Outcast :( Kyle Katarn was definitely the coolest protagenist in any star wars game.

This, like the previous one, is a game I'll get when it reaches the £5 bargin bin as its seems like a nice game to just weitch your brain off and torture mooks till your hearts content.

soulsabr

Oct 9, 2008
jtesauro said:
OT: Yeah, as much as I was looking forward to this game, ( And god I really was, I WANTED it to be good ), after I tried the demo, from what you're saying this is exactly what I expected it to be. It felt like a cash grab.
This is George "Franchise-aside" Lucas we're talking about here so of course it's a cash grab.

YodaUnleashed

Jun 11, 2010
Yeah, the combat can get very repetitive and monotonous and is well draining. There doesn't seem to be any pacing or great variety in the game, just kill kill kill with a few force pull or push this block or platform here or there puzzle moment. I try and make a point of using as many different attacks as possible rather than just utilising the most tested and true attack against certain enemies, otherwise it would get really really tiresome. The boss fight with the massive creature, the Gorog, was also frustrating and repetitive; dodge, jump, lightning, dodge, lightning, dodge, jump, lightning etc etc and as this reviewer said well outstayed it's welcome.

I haven't finished the game yet but I foresee many of these observations remaining throughout if this review is anything to go buy.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
I think it would have been intereting is you could switch between Single Saber, DOuble Saber, and Saber Staff... I would have loved that

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
I found Kyle Katarn immensly annoying. Mission Vao all the fucking way. Zaalbar can go take a hike as well, the ungrateful ************.

The assassin droid takes the prize for 'favourite character' though.

rossable

Jul 7, 2010
Steve Butts said:

Read Full Article
Kyle [http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kyle_Katarn] is, was, and always will be the everyman's Jedi! the personal battle of light vs dark, the need for power that is unwanted. the difficulties of personality conflicts between him and Luke, and finally... the sheer utter awesomeness of choking out a dangling stormtrooper in front of you as a blaster-shield while tossing your saber behind him; taking out the other attackers and cutting him in half in the process. one lightsaber, a satchel full of thermal detonators, a trusty bryar pistol at my hip, and a disintegration rifle on my back... FEAR MY YELLOW BLADED FURRY JERREC!!

there are rumors of a new game staring Katarn... there were strict orders to not kill him off in the comics because it would ruin his... "potential of a new game"? i figure it will be announced a year or two after The Old Republic's release. i wouldn't mind if it was a COD style stormtrooper game where you were plying Katarn while he was in the academy fighting the rebels. i just can't get enough of his snarky demeanor. i believe it will actually be a game set vs the vong if it happens at all. according to the RPG supplements, he get's captured by them for a long time and Mara Jade comes to rescue him from a... SITH NEOPHYTE FORCE WIELDING VONG WITH AN UNKNOWN DARK MASTER... he is captured while following the force and Revan's footsteps into the unknown regions in search of an unknown threat. serious story potential in my opinion!

rason

Jul 22, 2009
Lol, he said butts. Also, I disagree about the Authenticity from a story point of view, aswell as how powerful the force powers are. Those two things make me feel like I am playing a REALLY well polished child's fan fiction. Also, Single Sabers are the only thing I ever wanted. Hate dual wielding.

Loonerinoes

Apr 9, 2009
It's kinda not just about having supermen that make anything too easy due to their powers I think...another point is to make sure one sticks to a certain weakness that they might have.

Superman for example has kryptonite. Jedis on the other hand could've had things like mines or sonic weaponry that cannot be deflected back. I also liked ideas like Atton Rand in KOTOR 2 throwing up walls of emotions and managing to mess up their mind reading to a degree.

But then the point is to *stick* with these weaknesses through the gameplay rather than just mention them. I mean sure you get that +1 willpower bonus after Atton Rand teaches you but it won't make much of a difference against Traya forcekilling your ass in the end within the first 5 seconds on difficult, will it? On the other hand Jedi Outcast actually demonstrated such weaknesses a bit better. For example, in spite of being moreso about the lightsaber for you personally, there were still enemies armed with like...that flechette shotgun that you really couldn't block with your lightsaber - that was cool! Also yes - you could deflect the rockets back at opponents with force push. But you REALLY had to time it correctly: Too early or too late and that rocket would blow you to bits. :D So...yeah it was a fun challenge really.

So yeah...more of these weaknesses need to be expressed through the gameplay or such. It could be really fun in the end, except perhaps if you're one of those Jedi/Sith apologists who feels the need to trumpet that 'the force beats it all' in the end. *sigh* Lord knows there aren't enough of those around the SW fandom as it is. *rolls eyes*

Whaaat?!? That...they can't....Revan...oh my God. That's blasphemy. Horrible. This was a joke...right?
I wish it were hahah. Brace yourself,...this might hurt. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olBgZRcHnd0

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
Well, I'm not one of those guys that lets a single review sway my opinion about something. When it all boils down, it's not a whether or not the game is good, but whether you, the player, enjoy it. Is this game lacking? Probably, but I played the demo and freaking loved it, so unless the low-points are monumental (like in X-Blades or something), I can overlook those just like I did in the first game.

Of course, I'm not speaking for everyone, but I'm not the type of person who bases his opinions off those of someone else.

Just saying.

Marowit

Nov 7, 2006
Looks like I'll pick this game up, out of the bargain, just like I did with the first one - the story from the first one at least made up for the wonky controls.

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
Once again Lucas has failed to grasped that everyone stopped caring about the original story years ago...*sigh*

tautologico

e^(i * pi) + 1 = 0
Apr 5, 2010
The strangest thing about Jedi Knight II is that I had played the first one, and in the end Kyle already knows how to use the Force powers, he already is kind of a Jedi. Then the second game begins and you're using a pistol again, just as in the beginning of the first. WTF?

Of course they made up some lame excuse for that, but why not start the game as a Jedi already? It would have made more sense, and it would eliminate the dull part of the game.

Once you become a Jedi, again, Jedi Knight II is excellent. The first Jedi Knight is not a bad game either, although it looks horribly dated now.

dbmountain

Feb 24, 2010
I haven't played either of the Force Unleashed games. From watching the video supplement to this review, I can't help but feel annoyed by the way the protagonist wields his 'sabers. It just seems so impractical and only there for "style points"

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
there is really no reason not to have 2 light sabers, youve got a weapon that has no weight and can cut tho almost anything. Just having one is a bit pointless when you can have 2 since the only time you really need strength for it would be a duel and having a 2nd blade is usually a good thing if its light

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
God of Dante's Lord of Unleashed

Played the demo was annoyed that I can crumple a TIE Fighter but not a massive pole I threw them into....Oh those magical powers like Super Strength during a fart or Laser eyes during sex...

G-M0N3Y

Jul 8, 2010
I agree about Katarn. There really hasn't been a great Jedi game since him. About SW:TFU, at the very least, Starkiller wasn't as powerful in this game. He didn't take down a star destroyer or fight his way through the entirety of the Death Star. I feel as though, for a die hard SW fan, it is a must rent but that the difference in money spent from a purchase should be used buying the Jedi Academy games.

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
The great thing about Kyle is his back story. He used to be a Stormtrooper. How awesome is that?!

Jkudo

Aug 17, 2010
I played the demo, instantly dissappointed. They seem to have lost the slightly darker tone from the first game and instead of allowing you to finish enemies your own way, but some enemy designs just seemed annoying and restrictive. They attempt at something cinematic but rely too heavily on scripted acts that just get monotonous. They try to break up the areas where you just maul stormtroopers i guess, and the dive off the building was pretty cool but most just seem boring to me. Probably won't pick this up, at least not for some time. Really dissapointed, wished i could have worked on it. I actually prefered him with one, they should let you choose next time. Lucasarts just always seems....off.

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
No. No you're not the only one who still misses Kyle. Kyle was one of the first (fleshed out) video game heroes I grew up on.

And my inner nerd demands that I comment that old-school Star Wars about rebels versus the Empire will always be better than the recent incarnation of Star Wars, which ironically takes place before that, because the Jedi and Sith have been overdone now. The original movies would have sucked if everybody could use the force, am I right? Han Solo didn't need the force to be a badass, and neither did Kyle.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Fabian Stetter said:

I think Vader changed it for him, and it's a reference to Luke/Anakin's original last name (which was Starkiller). It was done away with because it sounded too dark, but I remember with TFU a few of the people working on the game mentioned that this was what they envisioned Luke to be like if he had joined up with Vader.

KotOR had a Bendak Starkiller on Taris.

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
Its a shame that both Force Unleashed games seem to be disappointing. Even though I am not a fan of the Star Wars universe, some of the games based on the IP were preety good (Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy, Knights of the Old Republic) and Force Unleashed seemed to have an interesting premise.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I agree that we need a new and worthy addition in the Jedi Knight series.
The single player in those games were amazing and the multiplayer light saber fights and duels were a hit for YEARS at my LAN parties.

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010
Three stars says more than 'rent if you're a fan of the series' to me.

To me it says 'good game with some faults. We had fun with it and you may too.'

When will people stop inflating scores? Sure, reading the review will tell you the truth, but it's a pain in the ass to see a score drastically out of line with the text every time.

bismarck55

Mar 1, 2010
Ekonk said:
I found Kyle Katarn immensly annoying. Mission Vao all the fucking way. Zaalbar can go take a hike as well, the ungrateful ************.

I loath Mission Vao with a Sith-like passion normally reserved for the likes of Jar-Jar Binks and Prequel Anakin.

Telperion

Storyteller
Apr 17, 2008
Looking at the in-game video in the review supplement...does the frame rate really drop that significantly every time Starkiller goes into his double-saber hack combos? I mean, in the video the game slowed down noticeable every time. Not that I'm going to get this game with all the faults it has. Unless, of course, it gets a glowing letter of recommendation from my favorite game review source. Can't imagine why it would, though...

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010
Steve Butts said:

I shall honor your wish;

PS. I think TFU should had ended after the first one.
It was perfect there. Was no need for a TFU2..

Namewithheld

Apr 30, 2008
bismarck55 said:
Ekonk said:

I loath Mission Vao with a Sith-like passion normally reserved for the likes of Jar-Jar Binks and Prequel Anakin.
I love Vao AND Katarn! :D

rory12345

Feb 9, 2010
Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast was such a brilliant game, played that to death. Also, the amount of mods for it are brilliant.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
I prefer the starwars games that are less jedi-centric. Jedi are over played and boring.

KOTOR (I do like a good droid), Republic Commando...

Why make another force unleashed when they could have made a current gen Starwars Battlefronts?

There would be no 3 stars for that, more like 63 stars.

Aleate

Mar 24, 2009
Wow... tons of people love Kyle... (add +1 more like for me too)
Too bad about this game though... it looks pretty, but there are also some frame rate issues, which has always wracked my brain as to why they exist/make it through play testing.

Kurokami

Feb 23, 2009
Was there something weird going on with the quality of the video? Maybe on my end? It didn't look particularly spectacular, not that I mean to fixate on graphics but most mediocre (as I understood from this review) atleast look to cater the same graphics as the prequel and there seemed to be a bit of an issue with the framerate or something.

Meh, probably on my end since it wasn't mentioned.

Yeah, I agree that the two lightsabers seems a bit stupid, having one makes using the abilities look much better in my opinion. =]

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
While I do love the lightsaber acrobatics in Outcast/Academy, the Force combos in TFU are really too good (and different) for the two series to be comparable.

Yossarian1507

Jan 20, 2010
Steve Butts said:
It gets. In Jedi Academy IMO. That's Jedi Outcast with additional fun added, and even better lightsaber combat. And Kyle's there too.

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010
The demo is interesting and gave a good impression. I will buy both when they are for a low low price. I heard the first one was mediocore as the review pointed out.

Anyways, thank you!

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
The forced unleashed has no soul no creativity. Its a highly polished sanitized theme a bland film experience regurgitated as an interactive audio/visual thing... to many games these days are this.....

The Critic

Apr 3, 2010
No, you're not the only one who misses Kyle Katarn. I miss him too.

If only we could get a proper Jedi Knight game to be released...

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
I LOVED TFU up until the end, so I might still pick this up. All I care about is the physics!

XavierPrice

Sep 14, 2009
I miss Kyle, too. I so looked forward to the original Force Unleashed, but as I didn't have any of the next gen systems, and it had no computer release for 2 years, it was a huge letdown, even when I did get to play it.

Naturally, I was dubious of this one, too, but it fails me, too. I have a great computer, meets the rec-req and then some, but the graphics still bug out on me, and there's even some funny glitches. My favorite so far is when he turns his sabers off, but they don't go fully off, burning a trail in the ground as I walk around. Some videos didn't even start, and others had no visual. The graphics often bugged out and disappeared, too. And I don't get the obsession developers have with Quick Time Events. They're not fun, they're repetitive.

I do miss Kyle. Jedi Outcast was a superb game. Hell, bring back Jaden Korr, even! Jedi Academy was one of my favorite games. It was the first time you got to choose what light saber style you wanted to the point of double or staff, or stick with the tried and true single. It had a (somewhat) non-linear storyline, epic saber battles, and an end boss worthy of the game, no matter which side you chose. (Personally, I think fighting Kyle was the hardest of the two. Bloody force heal!)

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
Man, I miss Outcast, played it again earlier this year, one hell of a great game. The way you controlled tyour lightsaber also felt so much better. Especially in duels, it was kick-ass to swing your lgihtsaber like a pro and remember to not let your guard down while getting a slash at your enemy.
Also, I didn't quite like the way Starkiller was holding his lightsaber in the first game, but then TFU2 was announced, with TWO lightsabers, held the same emo-loking way? no way...
If they make TFU3, will it have 3 lightsabers, all held the same stupid looking way?

radicaledward92

Dec 29, 2009
Jandau said:
Steve Butts said:
If you want a proper light saber fight you need only to look towards NO MORE HEROES 1 & 2

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
All this talk of Kyle Katarn made me install Jedi Outcast again. What a wonderful game. I just love the multiplayer even with bots on Bespin streets map.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Well, I played it yesterday. Not really what I'd call a good game, but then again it was a rental with the simple mission objective "Distract and entertain me for a few hours", and it did exactly that. It's certainly not worth more than 20 Euros as purchases go, but seeing how I paid less than 5 for the one-time opportunity to see how the story continues I have nothing to complain about.

That said, the story was definitely weaker than that of the first game. Oh well.
I did like the customization capabilities granted by the exchangable saber crystals. By the way, what's with all the purists? Fighting with two sabres is simply more fun than just one... although I do prefer the Darth Maul saber staff myself.

mageroel

Jan 25, 2010
Steve Butts said:

Read Full Article
You most certainly are not!! I will never forget, the fight agains Desann was awesome! Also, his student.. some Twi'lek girl with purple skin colour... she was awesome too.

InnerRebellion

Mar 6, 2010
Shoggoth2588 said:
I played the demo and wasn't really impressed. It looked good but it just raised the question, 'why does my lightsaber cut off limbs now?'

Really my biggest issue (feel free to call me a fanboy for this) is that you can't use the Jedi Mind Trick to make someone kill themselves. Half the time I used it, the Stormtroopers would jump off of platforms. It's cool to get them to fight for you but there's no way (in the demo at least) of getting them to fight for you all the time.
I played the demo too, and I think the result of the mind trick is all chance. Most of the time, the clones would run into those forcefields or jump to their death, but two out of five would turn on their allies and fire away.

I'm actually hyped for this game no matter what. I like Starkiller more than Kyle.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
It's an incredibly brainless game, and as such it works. When I turn off my brain to play it I have a lot of fun. Inside, my soul weeps.

IanBrazen

Oct 17, 2008
Steve Butts said:
No your not, I miss him too. we need Jedi Knight 4, the combat and force powers were excellent in 2 and 3, so we need a reboot.
If it aint broke dont fix it.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
Did they fix his eyelids so it doesn't look like his whole forehead stretches down to cover his eyes?

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
Aye, we sure miss old God Katarn.
He beat a fucking kell dragon to death with his bare hands, and that was before he gained any of his jedi abilities. No wonder the Star Wars universe runs on FoK. (Fear of Katarn for those not in the know)

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Fronzel said:
FlameUnquenchable said:
Remember in the first movie when most people didn't even believe in the Force?

Makes you wonder how they managed that when you can apparently see a Jedi pulling spaceships out of orbit wherever you go.
Well, if you think about it, everybody that saw Starkiller in action, died. Plus, many of the people that formed the Alliance in the beginning, like Bale Organa were alive when Jedi where still many in number.

I actually, I think it is a flaw in the story, timeline-wise. Think about it, at the end of the Revenge of the Sith movie, Luke and Leia, were born. Luke in A New Hope was maybe his early twenties. So, it had been only 20-25 years since the world was plentiful with Jedi and Jedi were well known.

To me it boggles the mind that everybody forgot about the awesomeness of The Force and Jedi powers in only 20-25.

It's on the level of everybody in the world today forgetting that the NES existed.

Edit: OT: I like TFU2, but it does feel lacking, though not in graphics, oh they are sweet.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Kurokami said:
Was there something weird going on with the quality of the video? Maybe on my end? It didn't look particularly spectacular, not that I mean to fixate on graphics but most mediocre (as I understood from this review) atleast look to cater the same graphics as the prequel and there seemed to be a bit of an issue with the framerate or something.

Meh, probably on my end since it wasn't mentioned.

Yeah, I agree that the two lightsabers seems a bit stupid, having one makes using the abilities look much better in my opinion. =]
Now I only played TFU on my Wii so the graphics were a little lower, then on the 360. But I did watch a friend play the game on his 360.

I ended up buying TFU2 for my 360. Comparing the graphics of TFU and TFU2, on the 360. The graphics are better in TFU2. It is definitely shown in the Yoda cameo cut scene. Heck, if the graphics were any better, I would feel like I'm watching a movie with real actors instead of game graphic animation.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
I love the Force Unleashed 2! Much better graphics, shorter story yes, but I'd rather have a short but great story mode than a long..... boring..... long story mode any day!

Plus you are a Jedi with awesome force powers and 2 lightsabers. What is there not to like?

I disagree with the point made in the video about having more lightsabers though. If Starkiller had only 1 lightsaber again. Then the lightsaber moves would be similar and not very different to the first game. Having 2 lightsabers adds a new dimension to the combat mechanics.

Also; my favourite part of the entire game....

Mix and match lightsaber colour crystals!

Having red and green lightsabers never gets old.

DP155ToneZone

Good enough for Petrucci on I&W
Aug 23, 2009
Ahh, the burly, rugged, badarse voice of Kyle Katarn.

Cut up and re-edited to perfection.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lslE3P2OZA[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmcspADM8d8[/youtube]

I love the Jedi Knight series.

dakaptin

Oct 31, 2010
I agree with the review. However, I must point out one thing: the plural of Jedi is Jedi, not Jedis.

Kwatsu

Feb 21, 2007
Does anyone else think Starkiller looks like he's made out of dough, with raisins for eyes?

The first game was okay, I suppose, but the character models -- especially their eyes -- didn't look that good, and their animations in cutscenes weren't up to much either. I'm surprised they haven't improved it; Starkiller still walks like he has a stick up his backside.

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010
Am i the only one who thinks the Star wars franchise is now just for money and not for the fans? Sure its "Good" but the dead horse is now just a thick sludge they beat it so much. As for the review its kinda what i got from the Demo but thats what to expect from a sequel.

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
Goddam Force Unleashed was so goddam repetitive!!!! and only 4 hours!!!

I do miss Kyle.... those times were gold compared to this. But something we must not forget was Jedi Academy, and i have to admit i prefered to play has a costumizable apprentice than with a preset JMaster.

Lucas Arts should go back to 3 great games that hit the industry with a blazing effect. They should Battlefront 3 (i know pandemic did those and EA closed them, but Ea still holds the rights for that game and they could do something in epic propotions about it), The jedi Knights (Jedi outcast and jedi academy, etc), meaning they could make another game using the basis of Jedi Knights gameplay, in wich we could create our own character and have decisions that would impact in the end of the game, and KOTOR (Knights of the Old Republic), Lets admit it the KOTOR serie was so great and so fucking awsome (i guess bioware is going to work in other projects but i do hope they go back at KOTOR.... wait bioware made the KOTOR series didnt they?).

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010
I'm amazed someone who played Jedi Outcast would dare call the story of Force unleashed "good".

TitanAtlas said:
Goddam Force Unleashed was so goddam repetitive!!!! and only 4 hours!!!

I do miss Kyle.... those times were gold compared to this. But something we must not forget was Jedi Academy, and i have to admit i prefered to play has a costumizable apprentice than with a preset JMaster.

Lucas Arts should go back to 3 great games that hit the industry with a blazing effect. They should Battlefront 3 (i know pandemic did those and EA closed them, but Ea still holds the rights for that game and they could do something in epic propotions about it), The jedi Knights (Jedi outcast and jedi academy, etc), meaning they could make another game using the basis of Jedi Knights gameplay, in wich we could create our own character and have decisions that would impact in the end of the game, and KOTOR (Knights of the Old Republic), Lets admit it the KOTOR serie was so great and so fucking awsome (i guess bioware is going to work in other projects but i do hope they go back at KOTOR.... wait bioware made the KOTOR series didnt they?).
I agree with everything this guy says. Battlefront, Kotor and Academy. Different, yet incredible games. The kinds I remember from my happy adolescence.

shadow skill

Oct 12, 2007
You know something I think it is perfectly fine to have Jedi be as powerful as Starkiller is. The trick is to throw in enemies powerful enough to even things out. Keep in mind that Starkiller is Sith trained. Those guys are way more about brute force.

I prefer the Starkiller character as he is not an "everyman." The "everyman" is boring, a bit of a cop-out. I do think that TFU2 is a step back with respect to his characterization though. The game wasn't long enough to allow the character the time to deal with the possibility that he is not the original Starkiller or the fear of losing Juno. This game felt more like an expansion to the first game rather than a complete story in its' own right.

Complaining about the use of dual lightsabres is just moronic. By that logic single lightsabres are a cliche too. Dual vs.Single blade forms just have different trade-offs. There really is no "impact" involved here. What they were missing was the ability to switch between forms.

Chadling

Oct 8, 2008
I've gotten to the point that I flat out refuse to play another Star Wars game. Why is that, you ask?

One: There is this obsession with the OT's storyline. I don't want to have anything to do with Darth Vader, Palpatine, and god help you if the storyline revolves around a Death Star. It's not interesting; it's repetitive, and it just screws up the canon because you end up having about twenty Force-sensitive badasses that were all contributing towards the destruction of the Death Star.

Two: I do not want to be a Jedi anymore. I'm tired of it. In my eyes, there's nothing less interesting about "normal" people than there is about the aforementioned Force-sensitive badasses. Rather, they're more interesting. Anyone remember Republic Commando? Fantastic game, and no one used a lightsaber in it. It was just you, three other dudes (and a few Wookiees), and a lot of targets in your way. It was glorious.

(On this note, if I get into The Old Republic, I will refuse out of principle to be a Sith or any Force User. In fact, I will make a point out of it to hunt down and slaughter as many of those Force-powered emo brats as possible.)

Three: I am SICK of John Williams' soundtrack. It was fantastic the first few hundred hours that it was playing in the background, but now it's just bad. Write some new music, PLEASE.

Oh, and one last problem. In TFU, the lightsaber does not cut. You might as well be bludgeoning your opponents to death with a shiny club.

Superior Mind

Feb 9, 2009
It's strange, having your lightsaber the way you want it in a game is a pretty important issue. That's why I liked JK:JA. I mean I get how they're defining Starkiller as a character by giving him his own unique lightsabre style but to be honest the double-reverse lightsabre style... it doesn't look good. It looks pretty crap to be honest. Give me the option to have a good old standard lightsabre and I'll be happy.

Also I wan wondering: with TFU you could change costume and lightsabre colour but the cutscenes wouldn't notice and would just give you the default costume/colour for that stage in the story. That was a pretty big problem in my opinion and it wrecked the whole point of being able to customise your appearance. Have they fixed this for the sequel?

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
Steve Butts said:

Read Full Article
No. I miss him dearly. The DF series is my favourite SW series of all time. The very reason it is great is because it doesn't involve any of the mainstream SW characters, and weaves a story all on its own.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
jedi knight was the best pc shooter experience of that generation, and dark forces was the culmination of the sprite shooters of the previous one\

ah back when lucas arts made real games.....

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
Here i thought this game would actually have potential...thats what i get for having hopes.

OT: Kyle Katarn is awesome, and i'd love to see another game/movie about him. for as many people say "There is no chin under Kyle Katarns Beard, only another Bryar pistol". aka. He is to Star Wars, what Chuck Norris is to reality.

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010
Ah good old Kyle Katarn. Definitely one of my favorite Jedi's of all time. He was always damn awesome. Shame we'll never see another one of his adventures.

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
Fabian Stetter said:

My Star Wars trivia is rust but I recall Starkiller being the original name for Luke Skywalker's character.

It'll probably be spring of 2011 when this game is cheap on half.com before I bother getting it.

radicaledward92

Dec 29, 2009
Steve Butts said:

THE ONLY PERSON WHO DESERVES TO DUAL WIELD LIGHTSABERS IS TRAVIS TOUCHDOWN, WE ARE DONE TALKING

Moon_Called

Mar 21, 2009
Well, Steve, you know what they say about lightsabres (shut up Firefox, lightsabres is so a word =I): the more the merrier. That's why Grevious and Darth Maul were so awesome.

Duel wield all the way. B)

But, on-topic: This game is for the Wii, yes? For that reason alone, I won't be getting it. I want a Wii, but I have a deformity in my right hand that makes my thumb not work like a thumb, so I can't use the Wii controller. =c

anonymity88

Sep 20, 2010
I've lost around 400 hours of my life to Jedi Knight 2's online multiplayer. Why can't they recapture the magic!?

Nekros22

May 15, 2009
There was a discussion on 4chan not long ago about casting Robert Downey Junior for Kyle Katarn.

I almost cried.

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
Haven't played TFU 1, but both games look fairly interesting. They also look like they could be better. That's not the point here though.

I really have to point this out. In the first game, he reverse-grips his lightsaber. That's all fine and well. Now that the sequel comes out, not only does he use reverse-grip, he does it with two lightsabers! How is that practical and who thought that was a good idea?

JusticarPhaeton

Jul 29, 2009
Fabian Stetter said:

A little tidbit of Star Wars geekery: Starkiller was originally intended to be Luke's last name in the original movie, but for some reason they changed it Skywalker because it didn't sound as evil, or something.

blueshark217

Aug 15, 2009
The best part of jedi outcast, was your lightsaber really felt like a lightsaber. It could kill enemies just by touching them, including teamates. And when you actually swung, assuming you have saberrealistticombat on, you'll cut them to pieces. Way better than force unleashed. I dont understand why people prefer jedi academy over jedi outcast. I guess its becuase you start with the saber, but frankly, I like the story of outcast better.

blueshark217

Aug 15, 2009
Nekros22 said:
Nekros22 said:
There was a discussion on 4chan not long ago about casting Robert Downey Junior for Kyle Katarn.

I almost cried.
Tears of joy, that is.
Yeah he'd do a good job. he looks enough like him, and he can be humorous, just like kyle.

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
I'd also like to add I find it amazing General Kota was blinded and then tossed out of a ship that seemed to be hovering in the stratosphere and Mace Windu gets shocked loses and arm and tossed out a skyscraper and is gone forever.

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
Is it just me or was alot of the footage in this review lagging and had weirdly low quality visuals?
I played the demo and I don't remember the bump mapping, lighting and effects looking that bad.

Its almost like they recorded it from the pc version and had it not only running on a machine that couldn't handle it but with all the settings set low as well.

Aphex Demon

Aug 23, 2010
I played the demo, I enjoyed it but one thing that got on my nerves was the split second freeze frame every time you make contact with an enemy using the lightsaber, I found that so annoying, am I the only one who noticed this?

Iamdude

Jul 7, 2010
I don't particularly have a problem with double lightsabre's, but it would have been better to offer the player a choice, double or single, like jedi academy did.

Also, when doing the video supplement... is it possible to use more then one tone? Even when the words used were about excitement, the reviewer still seemed bored. Maybe because he was bored with the game but it just sounded off. A sure way to get your audience to nod off is to just drone on. Which is how the video felt.

Malyc

Bullets... they don't affect me.
Feb 17, 2010
Game was too damn short. I beat vader, watched the cutscene and was like, "sweet, now i get to go to another planet and fight an even stronger baddy. Wait, credits? what are the credits doing here? OH GODAMIT!!!"

electric discordian

Apr 27, 2008
I'm enjoying this game, one thing in the review though, Darth Maul did not Duel Wield lightsabres! His was a Pole-arm, a double headed light bill-hook if you will!

I am not a sci-fi guy but I know my ancient weaponry!

Chrissyluky

Jul 3, 2009
The character isn't very relate-able, the game is really short and really it's just not a very good star wars game. I didn't expect much out of this being the first one wasn't that great either but this was still a pretty big downgrade. Along with this the replay value is almost nonexistent since the only motivation you have to go through it again is to try it on a harder difficulty or get all the collectibles. Thus you have no control over the story other than an ending which just adds to the repetitive experience.

Byers

Nov 21, 2008
Jedi Knight 2 - now there's a great Star Wars game.

The Force Unleashed is Star Wars repackaged as puerile crap for 14 year old emo kids.

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
We're all forgetting the real problem here.

What the hell happened to the gaming stash?

Ubermetalhed

Sep 15, 2009
I miss Kyle aswell. I prefer Jedi Knight:Dark forces 2 over Jedi outcast however.

Also if any starwars game asks me to name my main character then Kyle Katarn is always chosen.

Regarding the review, SWFU2 seems as bland as the first game so I'm going to steer clear.

vanthebaron

Sep 16, 2010
I just look at it as a simple Star Wars HackNSlash so it doesn't have to be good. Just distract me from my meaning less life for 5 hours.

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
Starkiller is possibly the most juvenile name I've seen outside of a youtube posting section. It's like having your ACTUAL NAME be something like xXDarkLordSephirothXx.

ThatFanBoyGuy

Dec 23, 2009
I pre-reserved this game a month ahead of time, paid full price, and picked it up at the midnight release. And let me tell you: waste of time, waste of money.

Let me warn you, do not buy this for the Wii. I bought TFU1 for the Wii because of the motion controls for the force and the lightsaber. TFU2 does not do it the same way. In TFU2, the controller is a regular controller just like the PS3 and XBox360 controller, and the motion controls are random controls to make up for the lack of buttons. So without good motion controls, there is no excuse for anything else.

In the TFU1 I excused the poor graphics because of good motion control gameplay. In TFU2 I could not excuse the graphics. What makes it worse is that the graphics got worse. After playing TFU2, I went back and replayed TFU1 and you'd think the 1st game came out second because the graphics were better. It was like TFU2 wasn't even trying with the graphics. But we know it's possible because we've seen (Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock comes to mind). In TFU1 I excused the horrible plot because of motion control gameplay. In TFU2, the story gets worse, and without the good gameplay, the story sickens. Now granite, I will say in light of where it started it didn't end too bad. But the plot should not haven been continued. In TFU1, I didn't like where Starkiller's character development went, but I was ok with it because of the motion controls. In this one Starkiller is worse, and I really can't justify it without good controls. Half the time Starkillre is this emo guy. Actually, he takes emo to a whole new level, always crying, whining and talking about his feelings. The other half of thie time, Starkiller is this happy-go-lucky, have-fun explorer, who jokes around with dry hmor, uses sarcasm, and is witty with other character. In fact, the best way I can describe it is like Brendon Fraiser's character from the Mummy triology. Heck, even sometimes Starkiller sounded like him.

Point is if you're a Star Wars fan and gamer who has to choose between which console to get it for, DO NOT pick the Wii. For the first one, I would definitely say the Wii is your top choice. But not for this one. At least get good graphics.

The Rascal King

Aug 13, 2009
Agreed. This game is far more worth your time people [http://store.steampowered.com/app/6030/]. I recommend you buy the "Star Wars Jedi Knight Collection" which comes with 5 full games all for the third of the price of TFU2.

God I freakin' love Steam.

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
Steve Butts said:

Read Full Article
OMG I LOVE KYLE KATARN WHEN IS HE GETTING A NEW GAME I WOULD TOTA
*slaps self*
sorry. I'm just a huge fan of Mr. Katarn. I miss him too. I really wish they'd do another jedi outcast game

Jason Danger Keyes

Mar 4, 2009
I have to admit, I was so psyched after playing the demo I was ready to pre-order it, but I'm glad I rented instead. While it had its fun aspects, and while the force powers themselves kick all manner of ass, there were too many problems. Invisible walls in the over-drawn boss fights leaving me to get pummeled over and over again, lack of enemy variety and the extremely short campaign left a lot to be desired.

Jedi Academy, though, remains one of my top games ever. I remember pausing, spawning 30 enemy Jedi with the console commands, then taking them all on at once in brutal and frantic battles of insane proportions. I can only dream that someday a star wars game will be made with Jedi Outcast/Jedi Academy's style, lightsaber combat and gameplay with TFU's force powers... hot damn.