Review: The Saboteur

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Review: The Saboteur

Vive la Resistance! Even if it does have iffy controls and bad voice acting!

Read Full Article

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Furburt said:
I really wish they could have hired an actual Irish actor to do the voice of Sean. Fuck, I'd have done it for free.
It just annoys me when they go for the 'Jaysus Begorrah!' type of Irishmen, because they don't actually exist.
But if you would have done it they wouldn't be able to call it "The saboteur". They would have to call it "Furburts adventures through time"

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Stonking Great Tits!

I'm actually waiting for something or someone to come along an thoroughly convince me to get this game. No luck so far.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Oh good, I was a little worried that after all the advertising on this site, the game would get a glowing review. It's nice to be reminded that The Escapist is not that kind of establishment.

That said, you've actually made me more likely to buy the game, probably because I had already assumed it was going to be awful, I'm glad it's not.

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
Am i the only one to whom this sounds a lot like Assassin's Creed?
Only one?

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
Those visuals look astoundingly good, but alas if the game is flaunting that you sneak in and lay traps, then make an epic escape/sneak out, and they counter it by having the Guards overly suspicous so sneaking in is impossible, then my friend.

You're doing it wrong.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Furburt said:
I really wish they could have hired an actual Irish actor to do the voice of Sean. Fuck, I'd have done it for free.
It just annoys me when they go for the 'Jaysus Begorrah!' type of Irishmen, because they don't actually exist.
I swear, I think I heard him say "boyo" at one point. Very disappointing.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
Eagle Est1986 said:
Oh good, I was a little worried that after all the advertising on this site, the game would get a glowing review. It's nice to be reminded that The Escapist is not that kind of establishment.
I for one am shocked that the Escapist's continued demonstration of integrity and cleverness hasn't caused the Internet to implode from sheer improbability.

Eagle Est1986 said:
That said, you've actually made me more likely to buy the game, probably because I had already assumed it was going to be awful, I'm glad it's not.
It doesn't sound awful per se, and I like tits as much as the next guy. But I don't know if it's worth 60 US dollars.

Tears of Blood

Jul 7, 2009
Tonimata said:
Only one?
Yep. Only one.

OT: Anyway, I had no clue whether I was going to get this or not. Now, I have no clue whether I am going to get this or not.

Yay...!

ravensshade

resident shadow
Mar 18, 2009
console controls seem to suck

good thing i have the pc version where the only problem is that sean likes to go into cover while i'm trying to sprint away from nazi's! oh well...

and yes i did notice the whole pedestrian suicide thing... it's why my civilian kill count is only 6 kills behind the nazi's...

otherwise i love the game

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
Tears of Blood said:
Tonimata said:
Only one?
Yep. Only one.

OT: Anyway, I had no clue whether I was going to get this or not. Now, I have no clue whether I am going to get this or not.

Yay...!
So after all, I am the only one that can recognize obvious patterns and drive vehicles properly in Halo (don't ask how I always get run over when I (politely) ask to man the turret.)

I don't think I'll go close to this game anyways, my budget is way too tight on game lately.
So very sad.

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
A race car driver named Devlin?

Sadly, I couldn't find any clips of the HILARIOUS Harvey Birdman episode featuring him as a washed-up overweight prescription drug addict.

If this is coming out for the 360, I might rent it for a spin. I don't care about those stonking titties so much as to buy the PC version at full price, especially considering the sad shape of my desktop system. Would a GeForce 7800GTX even run this beast? It's mighty pretty lookin'.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
300lb. Samoan said:
A race car driver named Devlin?

Sadly, I couldn't find any clips of the HILARIOUS Harvey Birdman episode featuring him as a washed-up overweight prescription drug addict.

If this is coming out for the 360, I might rent it for a spin. I don't care about those stonking titties so much as to buy the PC version at full price, especially considering the sad shape of my desktop system. Would a GeForce 7800GTX even run this beast? It's mighty pretty lookin'.
If you enjoy sandbox style games, it's certainly worth at least a rental. Paper-thin characters and horrendous voice acting aside, the missions themselves are actually pretty fun, and the visuals are worth seeing. Really just beautiful.

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
Im hoping to get this a s a Christmas present. we'll see if it comes about. looks like fun and while i did get tired of GTA and the clones I think this new take will be quite fun.

anyone know if this made it to Oz? are we gonna get a ZP on broken stealth and titties or will we have to wait for Yahtzee to get an import?