Review: The Sims 3 (Xbox 360)

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Review: The Sims 3 (Xbox 360)

Your Sims have come to your living room, they?re just more annoying to control.

Read Full Article

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
I finally got my fill of The Sims last year when The Sims 3 came out on the PC. I have no reasons whatsoever to spend anymore time on that timedump of a game. Don't get me wrong, its extremely fun, but man, do the hours fly by. I just don't have time for this hardcore game in a casual disguise.

I just wish I could go back to a time when the first Sims was something brand new again. Those were good days...haha

oathblade

Aug 16, 2009
So I have to know...does the black widdow (marry and kill off sims for their cash, swimming pools with no ladders are fun!) and slave family (2 people in a luxury house 6 people living on the lawn fighting over the newspaper and crying) still work?

<.<

I'm not sure if I hope they do or if I hope they dont :)

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
I haven't played the Sims series in a while now. I think the one i played was The Sims 1, but it was fun nonetheless. But back then you had to create your own disasters when you got bored. For example, after getting tired of my sim whining all the time, i purchased a lot of carpets all over the house. And then put a fireplace in every room, right next to the carpets.
But the game was fun, and i could create a load of really weird houses/families.

And: whoa, that is one evil laugh you got there, Mr. Funk.

Desrali T Bear

Mar 19, 2010
Other than the "karma" thing, I didn't hear any reason to get this game for the console rather than the PC. For those of you planning on picking this up, I gotta ask, why not just get the PC version?

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Desrali T Bear said:
Other than the "karma" thing, I didn't hear any reason to get this game for the console rather than the PC. For those of you planning on picking this up, I gotta ask, why not just get the PC version?
Not everyone has a decent PC.
Like me, for example. I just have my little netbook.
But I DO have a 360! And both I and my wife enjoy the Sims!
So this would actually be something to get!

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Baby Tea said:
Desrali T Bear said:
-lowers head in shame-

Its true... not everyone can afford a decent PC. I love the sims games, they are oddly addictive and I was a little bummed out when the third game only came on the PC. I looked at my relatively low spec computer in shame, knowing I'll probably not be able to run Sims 3 or at least run it on anything but the lowest setting... So I haven't been able to play it.

Now that its out on consoles however... I can play it, I'll even put up with the control issues, which to be honest I was expecting with the console port. Also, I hear you can go online with this one which means both me and my cousin can get the game and fuck each others stuff up at house parties :D.

Nanaki316

Oct 23, 2009
Much better than any other Sims console game, I'm actually really enjoying it. I'm a total Sims geek and too was pleased to see it was very like the PC version. Sure the moving about and stuff is always clunky on a console as it's much easier with a mouse but I'm still enjoying it none the less.

Desrali T Bear

Mar 19, 2010
Baby Tea said:
Sadly, that is true. Sometimes I forget how fortunate I am to have all those cores and gigs. =(

The PC requirements tend to be pretty steep on Sims games, huh?

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Desrali T Bear said:
The PC requirements tend to be pretty steep on Sims games, huh?
Not crazy steep, really, but it won't run anywhere near as good on my Netbook (or look as good) then me playing on my 360.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
I still have bad memories of the 1st sims game ,my sim peed on the floor and died.. oh the horror!

pacati

Oct 4, 2010
Bah. Need Sims 3 Late Night Expansion review.

This console version does make me wonder tho (and it's not mentioned in the review) how good the building system is. I usually enjoy the archetechtual side of the PC game most. I can't imagine doing it on a console platform.

ghall89

Oct 22, 2008
Desrali T Bear said:
Im thinking of getting it for my PS3 because I have a Mac. While there is a Mac version of The Sims 3, I've tried running it and it runs terribly.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Baby Tea said:
Desrali T Bear said:
Even if you have a decent PC, this game has so many bugs and problems with it that get worse the more expansions you get.
I'm hoping the console version will at least run... and save.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
I remember playing sims 2 as a social study at school and it is quite addicting for a person like me who likes to customize things. What I'd like more is like an action game with the customization detail of Sim. Oh man would that be really fun. I'll probably get sims 3 one day.