Rewrite something's ending to make it freaking DARK.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
Ah, look at that lovely sunrise...

Isn't that pretty? Well it's not what we're here for!!

What we're here for is some pretty messed up stuff people. Take the ending of any intellectual property, book, comic, movie, game, whatever, and rewrite it to make it freaking dark. I mean gloomy as Hell, depressing, horrifying, awful, just flat out evilly dark. Just try to avoid things that couldn't possibly happen, like the Death Star coming out of Hyperspace, and just annihilating Arrakis.

To that end, I'm gonna start things off on a pretty high (low) note:

[HEADING=1]Silver wolf009's revised Equestria Girls Ending![/HEADING]

I change the ending in a pretty big way. First, I slip in hints throughout the entire movie about a group of about four or five people who've really been getting the short end of the stick. Show them being humiliated and looked down on, as is the key character trait of Sunset Shimmer.

Then, at the climax, in the gymnasium, just as Sunset Shimmer gets the crown and goes demonic, the real changes start to happen. Right as Sunset is gloating about winning, the doors to the gym fly open, and someone shouts, "YOU'RE ALL FUCKING DEAD!"

It's the group. They've burst in, dressed in ski masks and camouflage boots, armed with shotguns, AR-15's, and Colt M1911's, just for irony. There's a moment of shocked silence, before they just open fire. The crowd panics, and starts going down. People are falling left and right, missing jaws and having holes blown through them.

The group just blasts 'em all, killing everyone. Twilight gets away because Rainbow Dash's body fell on her when she got hit in the heart. Once that's done, the four of them finish off any of the wounded. Then, when only Twilight's alive, hidden under a body, they line up, and do as their pact described. Except one of them notices Twilight just as he's about to pull the trigger. The other three go off together, but he gets in one last thing to say.

Looking Twilight in the eye, Flash takes off his ski mask, and simply says, "I'm sorry."

One pull of the trigger later, and all the added in little touches for him harboring depression pay off, and he dies.

They don't know it, but they've saved the day with their school shooting by stopping Sunset.

Twilight just spends the time until the police show up crying in the middle of it all. When she hears the sirens, she picks up the crown, and literally dives through the portal, back home. Ignoring anyone nearby, she turns around, and throws the mirror to the ground, breaking it into a hundred pieces.

The movies ends with her crying in a ball, and news footage showing the scene and the faces of the characters as credits.

Also, new quote of the week: "They saved the day with their school shooting."

Well now that I've effectively assured anyone that looks in this thread that I'm a terrible person, post your own, or, take time out of your day to call me fucking sick. I feed on words like that.

Impluse_101

Jun 25, 2009
*ahem*

The End to Okami

The Mother of all Goddesses, Amaterasu, smites down the hand of Yami, the ball housing the primevil rolling out onto the floor of the Ark of Yamato. Just as Amaterasu summons her last ounce of power. Yami shatters his own orb, disappearing into darkness and out of sight from the mother goddess. Ammy unleashes her attack, all of her ink used up...
Yami leaps into the mouth of the wolf, sliming its way into her brain, infecting her from within, corrupting the pure essence of the goddess from within, and soon taking control.

Now, Yami has the power and knowledge of the Goddess...using the power to silence the sun forever...and envelop the earth and the plane of the gods in eternal darkness...

AlexShrub

Apr 30, 2011
Big Trouble - by Dave Barry. Novel/film

Instead of the nuke falling into the ocean, detonating harmlessly, and getting a nice FBI coverup, the plane gets stranded at the Miami airport.

Nuke goes off, millions die. the FBI agents who know about it are incinerated in the blast.

GPS satellites send information of a nuclear weapon detonating in Florida. Retaliation procedures target Iran, North Korea, Pakistan, and Canada.

As a result, these and the rest of the nuclear powers fire at the U.S. Some missiles are shown targeting various other countries. Soon everyone is firing nukes at everyone and world war 3 is over in 48 minutes.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
AlexShrub said:
Big Trouble - by Dave Barry. Novel/film

Instead of the nuke falling into the ocean, detonating harmlessly, and getting a nice FBI coverup, the plane gets stranded at the Miami airport.

Nuke goes off, millions die. the FBI agents who know about it are incinerated in the blast.

GPS satellites send information of a nuclear weapon detonating in Florida. Retaliation procedures target Iran, North Korea, Pakistan, and Canada.

As a result, these and the rest of the nuclear powers fire at the U.S. Some missiles are shown targeting various other countries. Soon everyone is firing nukes at everyone and world war 3 is over in 48 minutes.
Wow, mine was bad, but you just ended Human Society as we know it.

Kudos man.

hotsauceman

Jun 23, 2011
Star Wars: return of the jedi
Just when vader throws palpatine down the shaft, he look at his son and says "You finally gave me my chance, my chance to defeat him, thank you son" With that he pulls his son up with saber in hand vader cuts through his son. With the immiediate news of her brother fallen, Leia and the rebels resolve weaken, allowing vader to destroy them, except leia. Who he sells into slavery.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
hotsauceman said:
Star Wars: return of the jedi
Just when vader throws palpatine down the shaft, he look at his son and says "You finally gave me my chance, my chance to defeat him, thank you son" With that he pulls his son up with saber in hand vader cuts through his son. With the immiediate news of her brother fallen, Leia and the rebels resolve weaken, allowing vader to destroy them, except leia. Who he sells into slavery.
Chwayatyun shall always come to pass.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rule_of_Two

There must always been one master, and one apprentice.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Ace Combat Zero. Solo-Wing Pixy defeated your character Cipher in the final mission which allowed the nuke to go off. Governments shatter and countries fall apart to the resulting world war. Nukes detonate killing millions. Those that do not die have to live in a post-apocalyptic wasteland caused by the fallout. But hey at least Pixy got his wish. A World Without Borders.

hittite

Nov 9, 2009
Doctor Who - The Parting of the ways.

The Doctor finishes preparing the delta wave transmitter just in time for the daleks to finish murdering everyone else on Satellite 5. The Dalek Emperor taunts him.

"Prove yourself, Doctor. What are you - coward or killer?"

The Doctor's hands tense on the lever. He shakes, his face screwed up in pain. Then, he relaxes, looks up at the monitor and grins widely.

"You know what? The second time really is a lot easier."

He pushes down the lever. The delta wave fries the brain of every living thing in the solar system.

Rose Tyler materializes moments later aboard a dead station orbiting a dead Earth. Since she can see all of time and space, she has just enough time to truly comprehend the totality of the Doctor's failure before the Time Vortex burns her body to ash. The last human in the universe dies screaming.

The daleks survive as they always survive. But this time, there's no Doctor to stop them. They sweep across the universe, exterminating all other life. When there is nothing left to kill they turn on each other. Everything has its time and everything dies.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
hittite said:
Doctor Who - The Parting of the ways.

The Doctor finishes preparing the delta wave transmitter just in time for the daleks to finish murdering everyone else on Satellite 5. The Dalek Emperor taunts him.

"Prove yourself, Doctor. What are you - coward or killer?"

The Doctor's hands tense on the lever. He shakes, his face screwed up in pain. Then, he relaxes, looks up at the monitor and grins widely.

"You know what? The second time really is a lot easier."

He pushes down the lever. The delta wave fries the brain of every living thing in the solar system.

Rose Tyler materializes moments later aboard a dead station orbiting a dead Earth. Since she can see all of time and space, she has just enough time to truly comprehend the totality of the Doctor's failure before the Time Vortex burns her body to ash. The last human in the universe dies screaming.

The daleks survive as they always survive. But this time, there's no Doctor to stop them. They sweep across the universe, exterminating all other life. When there is nothing left to kill they turn on each other. Everything has its time and everything dies.
That's a cool ending, but I have to be that guy. The Doctor says that humanity does have colonies in other places, so the destruction of Earth is the extinction of humanity.

Still a good rewrite though.

hittite

Nov 9, 2009
silver wolf009 said:
That's a cool ending, but I have to be that guy. The Doctor says that humanity does have colonies in other places, so the destruction of Earth is the extinction of humanity.

Still a good rewrite though.
Yeah I know. It didn't have quite the same punch though. And I think that we can safely assume that if Earth was that thoroughly F-ed in the A that the colonies weren't doing too hot either. Even if they survived it'd likely be something like humanity in Titan AE, homeless and powerless. And no Doctor + no human empire = nothing to stop the daleks (or any number of other omnicidal maniacs.)

Jolly Co-operator

A Heavy Sword
Mar 10, 2012
This can be the ending to any Professor Layton game:

In the end, it turns out that Professor Layton was insane all along. Gathering information and clues was actually a straightforward process, but his insane mind visualized and rationalized everything as a puzzle. A door is locked; the solution? A normal person would see a man in a top hat using a set of lock-picks, whereas our psychotic professor sees a sliding block puzzle.

Don Paolo isn't really a master of disguise. He an Layton were just rivals in college, and so whenever something goes wrong, Layton sees the person responsible as Don Paolo.

Luke isn't Layton's apprentice, he's his kidnap victim.

Layton being insane explains the crazy, over-the-top resolutions to all of his cases. After it's discovered that Layton actually kidnapped Luke, he's sent to prison. His insane mind views his prison door as the one sliding block puzzle he couldn't solve. Since "a true gentleman never leaves a puzzle unsolved", Layton commits a shame-fueled suicide by suffocating himself inside of his own hat.

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009
Can I rewrite The Golden Compass's ending so that it lines up with the book again? Cause that'd be swell.

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
Independence Day:
The aliens restore their shield disc drives to factory settings undoing all of will smiths and that big nosed guys hard work, Moreover they switch over to linux from windows to make sure that it never happens again. They also really take the fact some dudes were smoking inside their house personally and start wrecking earth with renewed vigor because of the earthlings poor social ettiquete.

Return of the Jedi:

The spirit of Anakin looks on at his children celebrating the empires fall, realising this is the first time he has seen them with joy in their hearts fills him emotions he had long forgot. His soul had become trapped beneath that metal suit for what seemed like an enternity but now he was free to allow happiness to wash over him. But then Anakin pondered, had it been the suit that caused so much pain? It had saved him but he felt from more than just his wounds in battle. Something that had laid dormant had awoken, perhaps he now wonders was his soul trapped or instead protected, put there by choice to shield him from the presense he now felt. A presense he had not felt since...

"Missah here Ani, Missah evah gonna leave again Ani"

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
Puella Magi Madoka Magica- Lop off the last two episodes of the series. Have it end on episode 10. That's some dark shit right there.

Kino's Journey- Kino's killed in the village at the last episode. The little girl in the village becomes the new Kino.

Esotera

May 5, 2011
Darth Vader survives at the end of Star Wars and is tormented for the rest of his life by the ghost of Jar Jar Binks:

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
Lets see...

Kouta acts pretty much like he acts in the manga when he finds out that Lucy killed his sister and father, completely lashing out at her for basically traumatizing him for life and killing his loved ones, stating that he never wants to see her again. There is no hug, no kiss, no forgiveness, no sappy, contrived, fanservice-y emotional ending. Lucy must face the consequences for her previous actions. Depressed, this leads to the scene afterwards with her in front of the firing squad, attempting to repent for her actions by dying. She survives, unfortunately, as her "dark side" wouldn't allow her to die, and instead slaughters the entire squad. As a result, Lucy leave the town, alone, to forever wander as she continues to be pursuited, never seeing Kouta again.

sextus the crazy said:
Puella Magi Madoka Magica- Lop off the last two episodes of the series. Have it end on episode 10. That's some dark shit right there.
I'd say ending it at episode 8 would be a darker ending.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Just take any Disney movie based on an old public domain fairy tale & revert it back to it's original unfriendly housewives tale.

Snow White: She was 10, the prince was a necrophiliac.

Sleeping Beauty: The prince was already married, & murdered his previous wife so he could keep the mistress he got pregnant by raping her in her sleep. In the other version he was a single rapist half-Troll with a cannibal for a mother.

Little Mermaid: The prince thinks of her as a little sister & is in an inescapable arranged marriage. The sisters cut off their hair & sell it to the sea witch for a dagger that will turn her back into a mermaid if she bathes in his blood. She kills herself instead.

Little Red Riding Hood: There was no woodsman to save them.

Robin Hood: In the earliest versions, there was no Maid Marian. The church had her added to make Robyn Hode look less gay. Robyn disbanded his Merry Men after they hung the Sheriff of Nottingham. He was latter poisoned in a church by a nun who was related to the Sheriff & died.

Pinocchio: Originally, he gets hanged on a tree like a criminal, but the author was forced to rewrite it. None of the Donkey boys return to human form, his friend Lampwick dies & Pinocchio beats the cricket to death.

xemnahort

May 15, 2010
likalaruku said:
Just take any Disney movie based on an old public domain fairy tale & revert it back to it's original unfriendly housewives tale.

Snow White: She was 10, the prince was a necrophiliac.

Sleeping Beauty: The prince was already married, & murdered his previous wife so he could keep the mistress he got pregnant by raping her in her sleep. In the other version he was a single rapist half-Troll with a cannibal for a mother.

Little Mermaid: The prince thinks of her as a little sister & is in an inescapable arranged marriage. The sisters cut off their hair & sell it to the sea witch for a dagger that will turn her back into a mermaid if she bathes in his blood. She kills herself instead.

Little Red Riding Hood: There was no woodsman to save them.

Robin Hood: In the earliest versions, there was no Maid Marian. The church had her added to make Robyn Hode look less gay. Robyn disbanded his Merry Men after they hung the Sheriff of Nottingham. He was latter poisoned in a church by a nun who was related to the Sheriff & died.

Pinocchio: Originally, he gets hanged on a tree like a criminal, but the author was forced to rewrite it. None of the Donkey boys return to human form, his friend Lampwick dies & Pinocchio beats the cricket to death.

While I haven't actually read most of them the Little Mermaid story I read was pretty different though no less dark.
In order to turn the mermaid (unnamed in fairy tale) into a human the witch has to cut out the mermaid's tongue and her whenever her feet touch the ground it feels like a thousand daggers are simultaneously stabbing them. Then because she can't talk or sing the prince eventually finds another redhead with a beautiful voice and believes her to be his true love leaving the mermaid. The mermaid then goes back to the ocean and cries and jumps back into the sea where she gets turned to seafoam. But that's not all, then some unexplained force or deity turns her into a fairy that has to cry every time a child is bad and is stuck as a fairy for another year for each tear she sheds. And you thought your shit was dark.

MXRom

Jan 10, 2013
I'll give it a shot.

Left 4 Dead. You decide which.

They're always there. No matter where they run, no matter where they hide, Those thing are always following. Just when he thought he was safe, They were there again.
First the old man, and she followed soon after. He can't remember the names. He's too carried away by the red haze.
The other guy died screaming. A shame. Just as he felt he could call the guy 'friend'. Killing him was a mercy. Better that than bleed out.
Dust flies off as the door's hinges slowly give way to Their onslaught.
Only one left. Well They aren't getting him! He won't give them the pleasure. He places the smoking gun to his head. The door breaks. He smiles and closes his eyes. He hears the click.