Richard Garriott's Crazy Awesome Mansion Up For Sale

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Needs a Batcave, and a inter-room comm system. Other than that, it sounds pretty nice.

XT inc

Jul 29, 2009
For those not wishing to purchase the home and pay the 60,000 in taxes, You may hide in a secret tunnel during an open house and live there scott free in the shadows, Picking and nibbling at the sub zero frige at night and watching all the netflix you want through peephole paintings in the living room.

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
What, no torture room and Batcave? Lord British, I am disappointed. Your next manor better be in space and have a button that releases space hounds with jet packs when door-to-door salesmen show up. THEN I'll buy it.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Now where did I put my $4.1 million?

And do you reckon he will put his next house on the Moon?

scotth266 said:
Needs a Batcave, and a inter-room comm system. Other than that, it sounds pretty nice.
How do you know there isn't already those things...

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Capitano Segnaposto said:
Um... where did he get all the money? I know he created Ultima... however I didn't think that a single video game series could create billions of dollars in revenue...
A) He probably invested it.
B) Interest.
C) Merchandise.
D) Snip the God damn post next time, or put it in a spoiler.

Jiefu

May 24, 2010
He can afford a house that costs $4.1M to sell in a down housing market, has $60K in taxes a year, undertakes trips to space, AND he's working on a third crazy house? Did he take every cent from Tabula Rasa and every Ultima game and invest them successfully in all sorts of startups? I know City of Heroes/Villains is pretty popular, but I just get how he has this much money.

the spud

May 2, 2011
I wonder if that house package comes with the "Hoe of Destruction". I would totally pounce if it did.

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
BRB playing the lotto

had me sold at the pool, the secret grotto, the waterfall, the full-on 360-degree observatory with telescope, separate guest quarters, a detached studio, an air conditioned barn, a five-car garage

wrightguy0

Dec 8, 2010
hmm....most of the architectural details look like they were done on the cheap, not nearly enough attention was paid to the design of the rooms n relation to the Elizabethan furnishings, i'm sure the feature are well worth the price, but it just doesn't look enough like a 4 million dollar house. From an aesthetic standpoint, it looks like a cobbled together mess.

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
If there's no portal to the land of Britannia, I'm not interested. ^_^

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
I want that house. It's even flying the Union Flag!

I was sold when I saw the Stained Glass Windows.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Damnit Escapist! Stop showing me awesome things to spend obscene amounts of money on! You'll make me want to play the lottery again!