Richard Garriott's Crazy Awesome Mansion Up For Sale

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
gyroscopeboy said:
It only has 3 bedrooms?? Most families wouldn't fit in it!
You could just stick any members of the family you didn't like in the dungeon.

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Holy shit it has a fun slide! Lord British is one mad bastard, but damn I love his style.

If only this was in Britain.

Smokej

Nov 22, 2010
as much as i like Garriott, like several other rich guys he simply has no idea about Aesthetics... I'm sure his mansion would be a cool playground but it's still a mess of random pieces and "Kitsch"...

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
Looks ugly, cheap and like a teenager's idea of what would be cool, but with a RPGish slant. So a D&D nerd which shouldn't be really that surprising.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
Satsuki666 said:
So wait who the hell is this guy?
He's some nutjob who calls himself lord British, despite not actually being British.

He created the Ultima games, and a few others.

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
I hate to say, it looks a little dated.

Neat stuff going on and all, but there could certainly be more updates for (after taxes) what I assume would be close to $5M>

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
If I had that sort of dough id also genetically engineer a dragon to keep in the basement.

Mar 30, 2010

Damn, that is one UGLY house! So that house costs £2.5m, how much does the surgery to remove all my taste cost? It looks like it was designed and built by people more used to building office blocks in developing business parks than someone who designs houses. The worst part is the addition of the statues and ornaments, because they really make it look like they were going for a stately home kinda vibe.

Hideous, truly hideous...

Eagi

Dec 10, 2008
Modern building plaster and gargoyles seriously clash... If your going the make a theme building then stick with it, the odd medieval decoration here and there will never complement consoled spotlights! The dude could afford to have made it in a less tacky feel.

Tarrker

Jun 18, 2008
Wow. You would never guess by looking at the exterior that it's actually an honest to God house on the inside. Pawn all the crossbows and what not, and you have a very inviting home.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
You fail to mention where this mansion is.
If it's not in New York, this article was completely pointless.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
Why would he sell this? What kinda moro-.. What, he is making a new one? Well, never fucking mind then!

On a more serious note; Damn! That is a nice house..

And secret passages. My house only has the one secret ladder from my closet, into the basement or up into the attic. Can't really count it as secret either, as the fake door was smashed before we moved in even.

Chris Germann

Feb 1, 2011
So, does this mean Richard's leaving Austin? I mean, that's his Austin place, and I know he got married a few month's ago... Damn, we're going to be a poorer city for it; where will have the IGDA picnic be next year, then?

Chris Germann

Feb 1, 2011
So, does this mean Richard's leaving Austin? I mean, that's his Austin place, and I know he got married a few month's ago... Damn, we're going to be a poorer city for it; where will have the IGDA picnic be next year, then?

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
Believe it or not, I can actually afford this... hm. I might just contact Richard and immigration some time next week.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
GreatTeacherCAW said:
Sweet house. But if you had the house, you'd have to live in Texas, which is a deal breaker.
I...ok that is a deal breaker. Damn. Texas ain't worth the price.

Dissolve

Garroter of Maladjusted Slobs
Apr 27, 2011
Am I the only one here thinking how awfully ugly this house is? The architecture and decor are just horrendous.

Edited:
One other person actually has taste.

Grouchy Imp said:
Hideous, truly hideous...