Surpheal said:
Thought this one up a while ago

What is my name?

I wear a ruby in my shoulder,

I wear a sapphire on my foot,

I wear a belt of diamonds.

What is my name?

And just for fun, another one

You are in a room that is indestructible, with the walls, floor and ceiling not being able to be damaged in any way shape or form. All that you have with you is a pretzel stick. How do you get out?
I'm not one for astronomy so I'm just going to guess Orion for the fact of the belt of diamonds and assume that the ruby and sapphire are very clever references for the stars that make his shoulder and foot.

For the second, I'm going to say that I go out the door/window I came in, since you never said the room didn't have any of those features, just that its walls are indestructible.

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
Tallim said:
Raven said:
A plane carrying two people crashes into a deserted public area. When the rescuers arrived, they discovered just over one hundred bodies. Why?
Crashed into a graveyard would be my guess......
and I really can't think of any new ones off hand.
Winner!
baconsarnie said:
Raven said:
A plane carrying two people crashes into a deserted public area. When the rescuers arrived, they discovered just over one hundred bodies. Why?
Crashed into a graveyard.

*Opens copy of 'The Hobbit'*

What has roots as nobody sees
Is taller than trees
Up, up it goes,
and yet never grows?
Almost winner.

Though, mountains do in fact grow.

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
The_Blue_Rider said:
If you hit me, I will crack, but you'll never stop me from staring back, what am I?

Yes to anyone who recognizes this, I did steal this
It's a mirror isn't it? I recognise it, but I can't remember from where. Is it one of the ones from the Hobbit?

EDIT: Wait I remember now, it's one of the Riddler's from Arkham City

Here's two I remember;

Four men were in a boat on the lake. The boat turns over, and all four men sink to the bottom of the lake, yet not a single man got wet. Why?

What word can be written forward, backward or upside down, and can still be read from left to right?

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
Llil said:
There's one that I like because it's both really easy and really difficult at the same time. Apparently about half of the people who hear it figure it out instantly. The answer is just so obvious to them that it doesn't even seem like a riddle. But the other half might be stuck for a long time and still not get it.

Recently a friend told me the following story about the death of his grandfather: "My grandparents used to go to church on Sundays. One day during the sermon, which was long and dry, my grandfather fell asleep. That week he had been reading a novel about the French Revolution and began to dream that he was a rich aristocrat living in a beautiful chateau in France.

Suddenly there was a commotion outside. A mob of peasants appeared, stormed the house, grabbed him and tied him up, dragged him to the market square, where there was a platform with a guillotine set up. My grandfather was led up the stairs, a priest muttered a few words to him and then his head was placed in the cradle of the guillotine. A hooded executioner approached and reached up for the lever that releases the blade. At that moment my grandfather was snoring quite loudly, so my grandmother reached out and pinched him on the back of his neck to wake him up. This was such a shock to my grandfather that he suffered a heart attack and died on the spot."

My reaction to the story of my friend: "I don't believe a word of that. You made it up." Why did I react in this way, how did I know the story is not true?

If you are one of the people who get it, don't spoil it right away.
I like this one, took me a few minutes before it dawned on me:
If he died instantly after the dream, how the hell did your friend know what it was in such great detail?

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
Lizardon said:
The_Blue_Rider said:
If you hit me, I will crack, but you'll never stop me from staring back, what am I?

It's a mirror isn't it? I recognise it, but I can't remember from where. Is it one of the ones from the Hobbit?

Here's two I remember;

Four men were in a boat on the lake. The boat turns over, and all four men sink to the bottom of the lake, yet not a single man got wet. Why?

They were wearing protection

What word can be written forward, backward or upside down, and can still be read from left to right?
I
Why yes, I am terrible at riddles

Kiardras

Feb 16, 2011
Solo-Wing said:
I am bored so I must make a random thread. This thread is about Riddles! Post the hardest riddles you can think of here and see if anybody can Solve them!

A man was found dead in his house with a gun in his hand. There was a tape recorder on his desk. When the Police arrived they pressed play on the tape recorder and heard "This is it. my life is over" then a gunshot. How did the Detective immediately know that it was a murder and not a suicide?

Toughy! I doubt you people will get it! Prove me wrong! :D
It was a womans voice on the tape.

Sep 9, 2010
Able Seacat" post="18.381706.15040507 said:
Was it because the tape was already rewound which obviously the man couldn't have done after shooting himself?

EDIT: well I was well behind. Anywho, I have an eye but cannot see. I am stronger and faster then any man alive but have no limbs.

What am I?

Tornado? I haven't read later comments so I don't know if this has already been answered

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
The_Blue_Rider said:
Lizardon said:
The_Blue_Rider said:

Here's two I remember;

They were wearing protection

I
Why yes, I am terrible at riddles
Huh, well I guess they kind of work, but they weren't the answers I was thinking of =P

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
Lizardon said:

Here's two I remember;

The same reason they all sank to the bottom, each had a ball and chain! HA, I kill myself. They're all married. Or maybe they all have girlfriends.

The second one, the word is..... "lol"? I know that's not the answer, but it works if you think about it. :D

I love this thread.

Llil

Jul 24, 2008
TheDrunkNinja said:
If he died instantly after the dream, how the hell did your friend know what it was in such great detail?
Right you are. I was one of those who had to think about it for a long while before finally figuring it out.

Here's another, more "classic" riddle:

God has none,
a king has few,
but the common man has many.
What is it?

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
Llil said:
TheDrunkNinja said:
Right you are. I was one of those who had to think about it for a long while before finally figuring it out.

God has none,
a king has few,
What is it?
Is the answer problems?

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
TheDrunkNinja said:
Lizardon said:

Here's two I remember;

The same reason they all sank to the bottom, each had a ball and chain! HA, I kill myself. They're all married. Or maybe they all have girlfriends.

The second one, the word is..... "lol"? I know that's not the answer, but it works if you think about it. :D

I love this thread.
And we have a winner!

For the first one anyway. You're right that lol does sort of work, but it's not the answer I have in mind.

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
The Unworthy Gentleman said:
And nevar put with the wrong end in front.

This one's easier when you have it written down but whatever, I'll give it a shot.

5 + 5 + 5 = 550

Add one line to the left hand side to make this true.
A hint to keep in mind, this one is a logic puzzle, not a math one, though it does require you know basic adding and subtracting.

Yeah, this really doesn't work when typing, it has to be written down if you don't already know the answer, which I do. Add the line on the first plus sign to make it a 4 making the equation:

5 4 5 + 5 = 550
or simply 545 + 5 = 550

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
Llil said:
TheDrunkNinja said:

God has none,
a king has few,
What is it?
I must say, this one has me stumped. I think it has something to do with the words God, king, and common man themselves, but I don't see how yet. Am I at least on the right track?

Llil

Jul 24, 2008
The_Blue_Rider said:
Is the answer problems?
Not the answer I was looking for. I suppeose it would fit, although a king could have quite a few problems.

TheDrunkNinja said:
I must say, this one has me stumped. I think it has something to do with the words God, king, and common man themselves, but I don't see how yet. Am I at least on the right track?
No, it's not a word puzzle.

Here's one more. It's a more of a simple maths puzzle rather than a riddle, though.

Alice and Bob are playing a guessing game.
Alice: "I have three kids. Multiplying their ages together equals 36 and the sum of their ages equals the number of my neighbours house. Can you guess their ages?"
Bob goes and checks the house number, then comes back.
Bob: "I'll need more info."
Alice: "Alright. My oldest child plays piano."
Bob: "Okay, I got it now..."

...How old are the kids?

uttaku

Sep 20, 2010
Surpheal said:
Thought this one up a while ago

What is my name?

I wear a ruby in my shoulder,

I wear a sapphire on my foot,

I wear a belt of diamonds.

What is my name?

And just for fun, another one

You are in a room that is indestructible, with the walls, floor and ceiling not being able to be damaged in any way shape or form. All that you have with you is a pretzel stick. How do you get out?
break the pretzel in half and stick the two halves together, 2 halves make a hole which you can climb through.
get outside and cough yourself horse, and ride away into freedom.