Riddle time!

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Blunderboy said:
cloudywolf13 said:
This one is tricky because technically the correct answer is spell, though in game you want to answer sword as to avoid an actual fight. Here's the logic from UESP:
If you answer that the atronach will kill you with a spell, he will demonstrate that it is indeed the truth by attacking you. If, instead, you tell the atronach a lie - that he will slay you with a sword, he proves its falsehood by letting you go.

Llil

Jul 24, 2008
Snippy the Shoe said:
Billy and Sue were both born on the same day and have the same parents but they are not twins. Why?

(Yeah i know this is a pretty common one but it's all i can think of right now.)
Took me a while, but I think I got it. They are two of a triplet.

More riddle (kind of a riddle anyway):

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so plain you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual though. Study it, and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Fappy said:
Blunderboy said:
cloudywolf13 said:
This one is tricky because technically the correct answer is spell, though in game you want to answer sword as to avoid an actual fight. Here's the logic from UESP:
If you answer that the atronach will kill you with a spell, he will demonstrate that it is indeed the truth by attacking you. If, instead, you tell the atronach a lie - that he will slay you with a sword, he proves its falsehood by letting you go.
You sneaky bugger. :p

TheMann

Jul 13, 2010
Surpheal said:
You are in a room that is indestructible, with the walls, floor and ceiling not being able to be damaged in any way shape or form. All that you have with you is a pretzel stick. How do you get out?
Use the door? (You never said there wasn't one.)

Here's a fairly easy one:

There is something that belongs to you, yet others use it far more often than yourself. What is it?

cloudywolf13

Jul 6, 2009
Fappy said:
Blunderboy said:
cloudywolf13 said:
That was my logic.

Another simple one.

A man and his son were in a car crash. The man died instantly and his son was rushed to the hospital for surgery. The doctor took one look at the boy and said "I can't operate on him, he's my son." How?

Snippy the Shoe

Jun 23, 2012
Llil said:
Snippy the Shoe said:
Billy and Sue were both born on the same day and have the same parents but they are not twins. Why?

(Yeah i know this is a pretty common one but it's all i can think of right now.)
Took me a while, but I think I got it. They are two of a triplet.

More riddle (kind of a riddle anyway):

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so plain you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual though. Study it, and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out.
Correct!

And there's no letter "e" in that paragraph.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Here's the last one from the quest. I won't list the answers because is far too easy with the answers provided for it, but I am sure you guys can figure it out without too much trouble.

A metal neither black nor red
As heavy as man's golden greed
What you do to stay ahead
With friend or arrow or steed

burymagnets

Nov 30, 2010
cloudywolf13 said:
Another simple one.

A man and his son were in a car crash. The man died instantly and his son was rushed to the hospital for surgery. The doctor took one look at the boy and said "I can't operate on him, he's my son." How?
The surgeon is his mother!

Riddles:)

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
cloudywolf13 said:
Fappy said:
Blunderboy said:
cloudywolf13 said:
That was my logic.

Another simple one.

There was a 3rd man in the car?

EDIT: Never mind I got it wrongs :p

Samantha Burt

Jan 30, 2012
Here's one I pitched during a school competition. My teachers liked it (can't remember where I got it from):

Four men sat down to play,
and played all night, 'til break of day.
They played for money, not for fun
With different scores for everyone.
When it came time to settle accounts
They all had made quite fair amounts.

Now none have lost and all have gained,
Tell me now: can you explain? :)

Samantha Burt

Jan 30, 2012
Fappy said:
cloudywolf13 said:
Fappy said:
Blunderboy said:
cloudywolf13 said:
That was my logic.

Another simple one.

There was a 3rd man in the car?
How can you not know that one, it's one of the oldest: The doctor's a woman.

burymagnets

Nov 30, 2010
Samantha Burt said:
Here's one I pitched during a school competition. My teachers liked it (can't remember where I got it from):

Four men sat down to play,
and played all night, 'til break of day.
They played for money, not for fun
With different scores for everyone.
When it came time to settle accounts
They all had made quite fair amounts.

Now none have lost and all have gained,
Tell me now: can you explain? :)
They are musicians

Timberwolf0924

Sep 16, 2009
Blunderboy said:
Timberwolf0924 said:
The more I dry, the wetter I get..
You're a towel.
Ding!

Edit

There are four brothers all born at the same time.
The first runs and never wearies.
The second eats and is never full.
The third drinks and is always thirsty.
The fourth sings a song that is never good.
Who are they?

If you say his name he will break, who is he?

cloudywolf13

Jul 6, 2009
And now, because I love the classics:

You live in a square house. All four sides face south. A bear walks by the house. What color is the bear?

Timberwolf0924

Sep 16, 2009
cloudywolf13 said:

You live in a square house. All four sides face south. A bear walks by the house. What color is the bear?
White

Edit
Clarification - Polar Bear.

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
cloudywolf13 said:

It's white, because the house is around the south pole?
Maybe? I think?

Huh, my own riddle is pretty bad but still.

What can you never outrun?

cloudywolf13

Jul 6, 2009
Timberwolf0924 said:
cloudywolf13 said:

White

Edit
Clarification - Polar Bear.
Correct.

You are riding your white horse through the forest. How far into the forest can you go?

cloudywolf13

Jul 6, 2009
Patrick Buck said:
cloudywolf13 said:

It's white, because the house is around the south pole?
Maybe? I think?

Huh, my own riddle is pretty bad but still.

What can you never outrun?
Actually, it's white because the house is at the north pole.