Riddle time!

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
I am bored so I must make a random thread. This thread is about Riddles! Post the hardest riddles you can think of here and see if anybody can Solve them!

A man was found dead in his house with a gun in his hand. There was a tape recorder on his desk. When the Police arrived they pressed play on the tape recorder and heard "This is it. my life is over" then a gunshot. How did the Detective immediately know that it was a murder and not a suicide?

Toughy! I doubt you people will get it! Prove me wrong! :D

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Regnes said:
Solo-Wing said:
I am bored so I must make a random thread. This thread is about Riddles! Post the hardest riddles you can think of here and see if anybody can Solve them!

A man was found dead in his house with a gun in his hand. There was a tape recorder on his desk. When the Police arrived they pressed play on the tape recorder and heard "This is it. my life is over" then a gunshot. How did the Detective immediately know that it was a murder and not a suicide?

Toughy! I doubt you people will get it! Prove me wrong! :D
Somebody used the tape recorder after the gunshot. It would have had to be rewound at the very least.
Ding ding ding!

"You go in through one hole but come out 3. Once you're inside you are ready to go outside. But even while you are outside you are still inside. What is it?"

Luna

Apr 28, 2012
TopazFusion said:
A dangerous criminal is hiding in a dark theater. Some police rookies want to bust in and apprehend the criminal, but the police chief stops them at the theater door.

Why did the police chief do that?

[sub]Sorry, couldn't resist =P[/sub]
Because they're at the wrong theater.

?

Able Seacat

Jun 18, 2012
Was it because the tape was already rewound which obviously the man couldn't have done after shooting himself?

EDIT: well I was well behind. Anywho, I have an eye but cannot see. I am stronger and faster then any man alive but have no limbs.

What am I?

EDIT 2:
Solo-Wing said:
Ding ding ding!

"You go in through one hole but come out 3. Once you're inside you are ready to go outside. But even while you are outside you are still inside. What is it?"
A t-shirt?

Luna

Apr 28, 2012
TopazFusion said:
Luna said:
TopazFusion said:
A dangerous criminal is hiding in a dark theater. Some police rookies want to bust in and apprehend the criminal, but the police chief stops them at the theater door.

Why did the police chief do that?

[sub]Sorry, couldn't resist =P[/sub]
Because they're at the wrong theater.
Damn. Looks like I'll have to explain this for people who weren't here (or didn't see).

A couple of months ago, a thread was created asking "can you solve this riddle?" and "this is the sort of problem solving that is required for someone to join Mensa".

The opening post of this thread had the riddle I just posted above. The OP promised to post the answer after a short time.

The thread went on for a couple of days, and got to about 20 pages of possible answers, but the OP never delivered.

Of course, there is no answer, the whole thing was just an elaborate troll.

I would link to the thread in question, but it got deleted by the mods.

LOL

I knew there was a thread on that one... But I never paid it much attention so I didn't know how it turned out. Sounds like a real 'knock knock', 'who's there?' *guy walks away*

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Able Seacat said:
Was it because the tape was already rewound which obviously the man couldn't have done after shooting himself?

EDIT: well I was well behind. Anywho, I have an eye but cannot see. I am stronger and faster then any man alive but have no limbs.

What am I?

EDIT 2:
Solo-Wing said:
Ding ding ding!

A t-shirt?
DING DING DING!

With Pointed fangs it sits in wait. With piercing force it doles out fate. Over Bloodless victims proclaiming its might. Eternally joining in a single bite.

What is it?

Darkgoosey666

Jul 18, 2010
Solo-Wing said:
Able Seacat said:

What am I?

EDIT 2:
Solo-Wing said:
Ding ding ding!

A t-shirt?
DING DING DING!

With Pointed fangs it sits in wait. With piercing force it doles out fate. Over Bloodless victims proclaiming its might. Eternally joining in a single bite.

What is it?
I want to say vampire but it seems too obvious ;__;

vampire?

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Darkgoosey666 said:

vampire?
NOPE.avi

New one.

Only one color but not one size.
Stuck at the bottom yet easily flies.
Present in sun but not in rain.
Doing no harm and feeling no pain.
What is it?

Bagged Milk

Jan 5, 2011
Solo-Wing said:
Darkgoosey666 said:

vampire?
NOPE.avi

New one.

What is it?
umm, one of those dandelion floaty fuzzy things?

I got one, it's a bit religious but whatever (please lets not debate, I'm not religious and I found this a rather clever riddle).

An archaeologist finds two perfectly preserved bodies in a cave, a man and a woman. He quickly deduced that it was in fact Adam and Eve. How does he know for sure?

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
webepoop said:
Solo-Wing said:
Darkgoosey666 said:

vampire?
NOPE.avi

New one.

What is it?
umm, one of those dandelion floaty fuzzy things?
Wrong also...

New one:

There was a green house. Inside the green house there was a White house. Inside the white house was a red house. Inside the red house were a lot of babies... What is it?

Darkgoosey666

Jul 18, 2010
Solo-Wing said:
Darkgoosey666 said:

vampire?
NOPE.avi

New one.

What is it?
Was the one i got wrong a Stapler by any chance?

and is the new one a shadow?

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
A red house is made of red bricks.
A blue house is made of blue bricks.

What is the green house made of?

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Solo-Wing said:

What is it?
Oh, and a spider :D

Girl With One Eye

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
Jun 2, 2010
JaceArveduin said:

Glass?

I'm gonna feel real stupid if this is wrong...

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Girl With One Eye said:
JaceArveduin said:

Glass?

I'm gonna feel real stupid if this is wrong...
lol, you got it right XD It's amazing how many people go "um.... green bricks?"

Girl With One Eye

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
Jun 2, 2010
JaceArveduin said:
lol, you got it right XD It's amazing how many people go "um.... green bricks?"
I think it's easier to get it when you read it, easier to pick up on the word "the". If you said it to me in person I probably would have said green bricks !

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
A plane carrying two people crashes into a deserted public area. When the rescuers arrived, they discovered just over one hundred bodies. Why?

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
How is a Raven like a Writing Desk? (This comes from Alice In Wonderland, but there are a couple of answers!)

odBilal

Feb 7, 2009
Solo-Wing said:
Darkgoosey666 said:

vampire?
NOPE.avi

New one.