Riddle time!

Llil

Jul 24, 2008
TheMann said:
There is something that belongs to you, yet others use it far more often than yourself. What is it?
That would be my name.
Snippy the Shoe said:
Correct!

And there's no letter "e" in that paragraph.
And you are correct as well.

I can't think of more riddles at the moment, so here's a logic puzzle instead.

Three prisoners are tied to chairs and are facing each other. They all have a hat with a blue or red feather on it, and everyone can only see the feathers of the two other prisoners, not their own. They are told that at least one of them has a blue feather, and that the game is fair for all three of them. The prisoners are not allowed to talk to each other and the first one to announce their own colour correctly will be set free.

The prisoners sat there for a long while, and then one of them announced the answer. What did he say? (And for bonus points, how did he figure it out?)

DaRigger420

Jun 26, 2010
Solo-Wing said:
Able Seacat said:
Was it because the tape was already rewound which obviously the man couldn't have done after shooting himself?

EDIT: well I was well behind. Anywho, I have an eye but cannot see. I am stronger and faster then any man alive but have no limbs.

What am I?

EDIT 2:
Solo-Wing said:
Ding ding ding!

"You go in through one hole but come out 3. Once you're inside you are ready to go outside. But even while you are outside you are still inside. What is it?"
A t-shirt?
DING DING DING!

With Pointed fangs it sits in wait. With piercing force it doles out fate. Over Bloodless victims proclaiming its might. Eternally joining in a single bite.

What is it?
A Staple

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Timberwolf0924 said:
Blunderboy said:
Timberwolf0924 said:
The more I dry, the wetter I get..
You're a towel.
Ding!

If you say his name he will break, who is he?
Silence.

Since no one answered this I'll post it again in case it got lost.

We are very little creatures; all of us have different features.
One of us in glass is set; one of us you'll find in jet.
Another you may see in tin, and a fourth is boxed within.
If the fifth you should pursue, it can never fly from you.
What are we?

cloudywolf13

Jul 6, 2009
Blunderboy said:
Timberwolf0924 said:
Blunderboy said:
Timberwolf0924 said:
You're a towel.
Ding!

Silence.

What are we?
Vowels?

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
cloudywolf13 said:
Blunderboy said:
Timberwolf0924 said:
Blunderboy said:
Timberwolf0924 said:
You're a towel.
Ding!

Silence.

What are we?
Vowels?
Thankee-sai cloudywolf13, you have spoken true.

DaRigger420

Jun 26, 2010
Leemaster777 said:
I've got a good one:

What is the beginning of the end, the end of every place, the beginning of eternity, and the end of time and space?
the letter "E"

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Llil said:
Here's one more. It's a more of a simple maths puzzle rather than a riddle, though.

Alice and Bob are playing a guessing game.
Alice: "I have three kids. Multiplying their ages together equals 36 and the sum of their ages equals the number of my neighbours house. Can you guess their ages?"
Bob goes and checks the house number, then comes back.
Bob: "I'll need more info."
Alice: "Alright. My oldest child plays piano."
Bob: "Okay, I got it now..."

...How old are the kids?
simple. There are three kids, their ages multiplied are 36 and they add up to some other number. Here are the options (multiplied) [added together]:

1, 1, 36, (36), [38]
1, 2, 18, (36), [21]
1, 3, 12, (36), [16]
1, 4, 9, (36), [14]
1, 6, 6, (36), [13]
2, 2, 9, (36), [13]

2, 3, 6, (36), [11]
3, 3, 4, (36), [10]

Then bob checks the house number and needs more information, which means that the bolded are only two options here, since they add up to the same number. If the neighbour's number was any of the others, Bob would have called the ages immediately.

Now, since Alice says that her oldest child (singular) plays the piano, then the answer is 2, 2, and 9. Not that six year olds can't play the piano, but as twins, it's a fair assumption that they would have played together.

cloudywolf13

Jul 6, 2009
Solo-Wing said:
Regnes said:
Solo-Wing said:
I am bored so I must make a random thread. This thread is about Riddles! Post the hardest riddles you can think of here and see if anybody can Solve them!

A man was found dead in his house with a gun in his hand. There was a tape recorder on his desk. When the Police arrived they pressed play on the tape recorder and heard "This is it. my life is over" then a gunshot. How did the Detective immediately know that it was a murder and not a suicide?

Toughy! I doubt you people will get it! Prove me wrong! :D
Somebody used the tape recorder after the gunshot. It would have had to be rewound at the very least.
Ding ding ding!
I was thinking...Don't a lot of tape recorders automatically rewind once they reach the end of the tape?

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
webepoop said:
An archaeologist finds two perfectly preserved bodies in a cave, a man and a woman. He quickly deduced that it was in fact Adam and Eve. How does he know for sure?
I don't think anyone answered you, so I will.

It's because they had no belly buttons, isn't it?

DaRigger420

Jun 26, 2010
Llil said:
The_Blue_Rider said:
Is the answer problems?
Not the answer I was looking for. I suppeose it would fit, although a king could have quite a few problems.

TheDrunkNinja said:
I must say, this one has me stumped. I think it has something to do with the words God, king, and common man themselves, but I don't see how yet. Am I at least on the right track?
No, it's not a word puzzle.

Here's one more. It's a more of a simple maths puzzle rather than a riddle, though.

Alice and Bob are playing a guessing game.
Alice: "I have three kids. Multiplying their ages together equals 36 and the sum of their ages equals the number of my neighbours house. Can you guess their ages?"
Bob goes and checks the house number, then comes back.
Bob: "I'll need more info."
Alice: "Alright. My oldest child plays piano."
Bob: "Okay, I got it now..."

...How old are the kids?

the children are ages 2, 3 and 6

cloudywolf13

Jul 6, 2009
lacktheknack said:
webepoop said:
An archaeologist finds two perfectly preserved bodies in a cave, a man and a woman. He quickly deduced that it was in fact Adam and Eve. How does he know for sure?

More likely that the man was missing a rib.

Llil

Jul 24, 2008
DaRigger420 said:
the children are ages 2, 3 and 6
No, the right answer was...
DaRigger420 said:
simple. There are three kids, their ages multiplied are 36 and they add up to some other number. Here are the options (multiplied) [added together]:

1, 1, 36, (36), [38]
1, 2, 18, (36), [21]
1, 3, 12, (36), [16]
1, 4, 9, (36), [14]
1, 6, 6, (36), [13]
2, 2, 9, (36), [13]

2, 3, 6, (36), [11]
3, 3, 4, (36), [10]

Then bob checks the house number and needs more information, which means that the bolded are only two options here, since they add up to the same number. If the neighbour's number was any of the others, Bob would have called the ages immediately.

Now, since Alice says that her oldest child (singular) plays the piano, then the answer is 2, 2, and 9. Not that six year olds can't play the piano, but as twins, it's a fair assumption that they would have played together.
...this. It's one of those that's pretty easy if you write it down.

wierdman51

Apr 24, 2009
Solo-Wing said:
ead in his house with a gun in his hand. There was a tape recorder on his desk. When the Police arrived they pressed play on the tape recorder and heard "This is it. my life is over" then a gunshot. How did the Detective immediately know that it was a murder and not a suicide?
It was another mans voice.

Timberwolf0924

Sep 16, 2009
Blunderboy said:
What are we?
A,E,I,O,U
Vowles

I love riddles

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
cloudywolf13 said:
lacktheknack said:
webepoop said:

More likely that the man was missing a rib.
That's a fairly possible mutation, though. For instance, I never grew two teeth.

Everyone has belly buttons, though... minus the two people with no parents.

Dafttechno

May 19, 2010
Llil said:
TheMann said:
There is something that belongs to you, yet others use it far more often than yourself. What is it?
That would be my name.
Snippy the Shoe said:
Correct!

Three prisoners are tied to chairs and are facing each other. They all have a hat with a blue or red feather on it, and everyone can only see the feathers of the two other prisoners, not their own. They are told that at least one of them has a blue feather, and that the game is fair for all three of them. The prisoners are not allowed to talk to each other and the first one to announce their own colour correctly will be set free.

The prisoners sat there for a long while, and then one of them announced the answer. What did he say? (And for bonus points, how did he figure it out?)
He answered blue. The other two had red feathers so he had to have blue.

What can you put in any item to make it lighter? (no, it's not Helium)

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Timberwolf0924 said:
Blunderboy said:
What are we?
A,E,I,O,U
Vowles

I love riddles
Thankee-sai, you have answered true.

Me too. And The Dark Tower.

Llil

Jul 24, 2008
Dafttechno said:
Blue is right, but what if the other two weren't red? There's only one possible combination of colours but it's not that one.

cloudywolf13

Jul 6, 2009
Dafttechno said:
Llil said:
TheMann said:
That would be my name.
Snippy the Shoe said:
Correct!

But then the game wouldn't have been fair to all of them.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Llil said:

Oh, fuck, I know that riddle. In fact, it's one of my favourites. I usually tell it with logic lecturers (captured by cannibals) to underline that they aren't guessing. I shall not reveal the answer, however. I'll let people fry.

But you reminded me of my other favourite riddle, I'll give it now.

There was a temple once and in the temple, three statues stood in a line next to each other. They were magical statues, each represented a god. One was the god of truth, the other the god of lies and the third the god of diplomacy. The trouble was, that nobody knew which was which.

Each visitor in the temple could ask them a question each. The god of truth only answered the truth, the god of lies only told lies and the god of diplomacy sometimes lied and sometimes told the truth.

One day, a man walked in and asked the left statue "Who stands next to you?" "It is the god of lies", the statue answered. Then the man moved to the statue in the middle "Who are you?" he asked "I am the god of diplomacy" the answer came. He then went to the statue on the right "Who stands next to you?" he asked again, and the statue stated "It is the god of truth".

The man then smiled because he knew which statue is which and left.
This one is pretty fucking easy, though. I doubt many will have problems with it. Or maybe it's because I've known it for...well 15 years now. I can solve it in a matter of seconds.

But I'll give you another logic puzzle. This one is more interesting. Let's see who'd answer correctly first.

There is a cannon-ball that cannot be stopped once shot. It only moves forward and goes through walls and buildings with ease and will not stop its flight ever. There is also a pillar that can withstand any attack. It is indestructible and nothing can damage it or even move it.

What would happen if the unstoppable cannon-ball hits the unmovable pillar?
Yes, there is a correct answer you can give me.