Ride On a Cloud in Minecraft's Adventure Update

penguindude42

Nov 14, 2010
You know what would be cool?

A sort of "dreamworld" dimension.

What it looks like varies depending on what befalls the player.

~Tom<3

brainslurper

Aug 18, 2009
Wow, I love how there hasnt been a single article anywhere about how notch has already confirmed horses in 1.7. Am I the only one who knows?

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
bob1052 said:
These patches seem to have less and less content in them each time and still keep their ridiculously long development time.

At least people looking forward to console Minecraft can rest assured that all of Mojang's work is being directed at that version considering Minecraft itself is getting virtually no support.
Except Mojang isn't even working on the 360 version. That's 4J Studios' job.

And, like GiantRedButton pointed out, 1.7 is slated to be the most content-filled update yet. (That said, it seems the pistons will get an earlier release in their own patch, which will most likely be version 1.6.7.)

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
*sigh* and here I was, finally getting off my addiction of Minecraft and out comes this.

Thanks, Notch.

Thanks.

(.... I can't tell whether I'm being sarcastic or not with that comment XD)

TheHappySquid

Feb 2, 2011
I still prefer the airship if this is air transport. Feels more 'olde world' like some sort of British Empire explorer. With one of those hats. Y'know, THOSE hats. http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=2298007

Edit: The airship mod, not that Notch has implemented one.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
So, the sticky pistons that are also gonna be included... can sticky pistons push sticky pistons? I want an elevator since water ladders are broken now...

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
I knew it, half the stories in the world all come back to the monkey king...

I hope this ends with my minecraft character being able to do the Kamehameha Wave.

Thorvan

May 15, 2009
What's with the moon? Actually, what's with that entire skybox? I can see the seams. Is it just because we're so high up, and can see the corner of the visible world? I never get that feeling.

Aethren

Jun 6, 2009
So I'm the only one who thought of the flight cloud from Champions Online when I saw this?

fulano

Oct 14, 2007
What?! Minecraft's world can't be round, guys unless Notch intends to make worlds of finite sizes, that is...

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
First thing I thought of, from my favourite episode "Outrageous Coincidences", wherein Monkey, Sandy, and Tripitaka think they have eaten Pigsy and Pigsy thinks they have frozen to death. As a side note this episode is also the one where Tripitaka gets drunk and seduces girls convinced he is possesed by the ghost of Pigsy.

You kids and your dragonball, you really are missing out.

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
If they make it yellow, I will officially have a good reason to play Minecraft.

If I can make my character look like Goku, I will buy the game three times.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
thethingthatlurks said:
I find it hilarious that half of the comments are DBZ references. A shame they beat me to it, or I would have made the same very obvious joke.
I found it a bit unexpected - I would have expected Monkey references.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
lithium.jelly said:
thethingthatlurks said:
I find it hilarious that half of the comments are DBZ references. A shame they beat me to it, or I would have made the same very obvious joke.
I found it a bit unexpected - I would have expected Monkey references.
Born from an egg on a mountain top, the punkiest monkey that ever popped. That Monkey? The Great Sage Equal of Heaven? Because that is where my mind first went.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
octafish said:
Born from an egg on a mountain top, the punkiest monkey that ever popped. That Monkey? The Great Sage Equal of Heaven? Because that is where my mind first went.
Yep, that's the one. I'm not a DBZ fan so I didn't even consider that reference. My first thought was "Do we get a sound effect of that weird whistle to summon the cloud?"

Hmm... now I need a modified Asian-themed texture pack, with the wooden sword replaced by Monkey's distinctive staff. Maybe the iron sword could be Pigsy's rake?

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
SirBryghtside said:
Assassin Xaero said:
So, the sticky pistons that are also gonna be included... can sticky pistons push sticky pistons? I want an elevator since water ladders are broken now...
Yeah, they can. And they might add them in a 1.6.7, so we get them sooner :D
Awesome! Might have to cheat to get that many though... can never find slimes, and when I did they never dropped anything... :/

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
octafish said:
First thing I thought of, from my favourite episode "Outrageous Coincidences", wherein Monkey, Sandy, and Tripitaka think they have eaten Pigsy and Pigsy thinks they have frozen to death. As a side note this episode is also the one where Tripitaka gets drunk and seduces girls convinced he is possesed by the ghost of Pigsy.

You kids and your dragonball, you really are missing out.
We all know that Dragon Ball is based on Journey to the West (I hope). It's just that Dragon Ball is more familiar to us, so we remember it more easily. Nothing wrong with either story, IMHO.