Ride On a Cloud in Minecraft's Adventure Update

Deshin

Aug 31, 2010
Am really looking forward to 1.7 mostly for the pistons. And ya know, fixing clay would be nice but on all my Creative worlds I just use TMI anyway but it's holding up my survival world something awful.

Also, seeing as so many people are asking for it, yes there is a Goku skin and here it is.

http://minecraft-skins.com/2011/05/goku-skin/

Airsoftslayer93

Minecraft King
Mar 17, 2010
bob1052 said:
These patches seem to have less and less content in them each time and still keep their ridiculously long development time.

At least people looking forward to console Minecraft can rest assured that all of Mojang's work is being directed at that version considering Minecraft itself is getting virtually no support.
How do you mean? this is only the spoiler for one feature, from what notch is saying this update will be the largest to date, so im not quite sure what your point is, or how it has any bearing on this news. He isnt doing a whole update for one thing.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Looks limke i picked a good time to come back to minecraft after an extended break. I just need to get back up to speed with the crafting. To the wiki...

Hope sky islands are included in this update, cue lots of Angel Island replicas : D

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
I hope this new update will get me into Minecraft again. It got boring pretty quick for me.

Dark Sup3rn0va

Jul 14, 2009
The pistons is going to be update 1.7 along with a few bug fixes. The stuff talked about in this article is update 1.8.

rustybroomhandle

Jun 21, 2011
Just a correction: As of this morning, the "adventure update" has been bumped down to 1.8, and there will be a 1.7 containing none more than pistons and a few other things. Reason given is that the adventure update is going to take a while yet to finish.

http://notch.tumblr.com/post/6969771554/back-in-the-office-and-some-words-on-1-7-and-1-8

EDIT: Rats, just noticed another mention of this two posts up. :p

Neonit

Dec 24, 2008
ah! minecraft is ripping off terraria! in terraria there is already cloud in a bottle!

(trolllllllzz)

muahahaha......

ohh well, i guess it would be useful, but we'll see.....

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
SirBryghtside said:
Assassin Xaero said:
SirBryghtside said:
Assassin Xaero said:
So, the sticky pistons that are also gonna be included... can sticky pistons push sticky pistons? I want an elevator since water ladders are broken now...
Yeah, they can. And they might add them in a 1.6.7, so we get them sooner :D
Awesome! Might have to cheat to get that many though... can never find slimes, and when I did they never dropped anything... :/
Tips:

Go really deep down, to about 10 up from bedrock (so you get DIAMONDS!). Start making a tunnel 2 blocks talll one bblock wide. When you find a cavern, go in.

If you ever hear the squelchy sound of a slime, then press F3. Get to the numbers you see (you'll understand when you press F3) and you'll find it. Now your problem with them not dropping anything is due to you using swords on them - when you see a slime, ONLY use your fists. It's the only way to get them to split, and then drop slimeballs. Trust me, I have 76 :)
Alright, thanks! I'll give that a try.
Actually, I have a huge (seriously, huge, to the point where I can't see the entire distance on the second furthest fog setting) mine. Is there a way to keep it on peaceful and take out most the light to get them to spawn?

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
This looks like a super version of the cloud in a bottle from terraria.

Although jumping that high in minecraft is a little silly. The thing is, there is already planes in minecraft, why downgrade to a cloud....?

DJ Jack

Nov 18, 2009
I am not impressed until we can equip capes as well. (What? Who doesn't want to pretend their superman? :p)

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
and I was hoping to create actual flying machines :(
deltaplane:
free/wooden stick/free
stick/wool/stick
wool/wool/wool
Helicopter:
free/plank/free
plank/stick/plank
free/plank/free
airplane: