Right, which PC game do I buy for my new rig?

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
TypeSD said:
I recently invested an unwise amount of money into the kind of machine that would make the population of Mount Olympus weep with envy. It arrives tomorrow. Right, that's done. What I need from you: What should the first game for it be?
You bought it pre-made?
You can get an equivalent machine with the same power output for like half the price if you build it yourself. Just sayin'.

Most of my suggestions for games have been said; Crysis, Shogun, Orange Box, New Vegas, Portal 1&2, Duke Nukem Forever.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
ultimateownage said:
TypeSD said:
I recently invested an unwise amount of money into the kind of machine that would make the population of Mount Olympus weep with envy. It arrives tomorrow. Right, that's done. What I need from you: What should the first game for it be?
You bought it pre-made?
You can get an equivalent machine with the same power output for like half the price if you build it yourself. Just sayin'.

Most of my suggestions for games have been said; Crysis, Shogun, Orange Box, New Vegas, Portal 1&2, Duke Nukem Forever.

Premade: customised, painted, cabled nicely, wire managed, decaled.

http://leo.speakserver.com/karma/docs/build_logs/00339/DSCF0286.JPG

and here's the other side

http://leo.speakserver.com/karma/docs/build_logs/00339/DSCF0247.JPG

edit: and overclocked.

dochmbi

Sep 15, 2008
TypeSD said:
Nice av. Also, what?
If you want to enjoy precise mouse controls you should do these things, google is your friend. Mouse acceleration increases or decreases the speed of your mouse cursor based on how fast you move the mouse across your mouse pad. It makes mouse movement non-linear and makes it harder to consistently aim well.

Vibhor

Aug 4, 2010
Dwarf fortress.
Nothing eats processing power like 100 dwarfs fighting off a siege with their fortress being flooded with magma.

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
TypeSD said:
ultimateownage said:
TypeSD said:
You bought it pre-made?

Premade: customised, painted, cabled nicely, wire managed, decaled.

http://leo.speakserver.com/karma/docs/build_logs/00339/DSCF0286.JPG

and here's the other side

http://leo.speakserver.com/karma/docs/build_logs/00339/DSCF0247.JPG

edit: and overclocked.
Organised cables, some paint, and overclocking the CPU doesn't make it worth twice the price. A can of paint and stencils: £10. Organisation: Free. Running the CPU Clock faster than it's intended speed: Free.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
If i might just ask, where did you get the price from? As far as I'm aware, I haven't told you how much I've paid for it.

Srdjan

Mar 12, 2010
Crysis 2, or wait for Witcher 2, only true PC gamer sunks that kind of money on PC ordinance and all true PC gamers like Witcher. Also it will look teriffic.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Hmm, I think I'll stick to stalker and shogun :p Oh, and RAGE =D

EDIT: and Crysis.

rabidmidget

Apr 18, 2008
Elijah Ball said:
rabidmidget said:
Crysis, Metro2033, Borderlands, or Team Fortress 2.

All of them look very pretty.

EDIT: ooh, Just Cause 2 is also a great buy, that game has so much mindless fun.
I could not get used to just cause 2 wth the mouse and keyboard. I had to use the gamepad.
That's understandable, I remember I had to do some heavy tweaking with the controls to make them useable, although it was still impossible to fly planes well with keys.

Gill Kaiser

Sep 3, 2008
sexbutler said:
I'd have to recommend any Total War. If you're going for a ritualistic trial-by-ordeal for your new baby, playing Shogun maxed out is the way to go. By measuring just how much fire the cpu is on, you can figure how far you still need to upgrade.

That said, find Rollercoaster Tycoon 1. Its the bomb.
Keep in mind that Shogun 2's DirectX11 features aren't yet in the game, they're being added in a patch within the next few weeks.

The game is awesome, though. I got it after I upgraded my graphics cards and I've got a lot of fun out of it.

Evil the White

Apr 16, 2009
Crysis, to try and break it.

The Orange Box, because it's awesome.

And my current game of choice is Mount and Blade: with Fire and Sword. Very hard, but good fun.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
TypeSD said:
See if it can run ArmA 2 with 1700 AIs over a 10km engagement distance with 70+ jet fighters in combat above.

<youtube=khG8pVEmzO4>

<youtube=X03SVGktjLs>

<youtube=i6TnEyrN55I>