RIP Monty Oum 1981-2015

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
erttheking said:
To be honest, at this point I'd be ok with anything that they do. Keep it going to honor his memory? I'm ok with that. Cancel it to honor his memory? I'm ok with that too. I just...Fuck...

...Roosterteeth said that he would want me to do something creative. Bring some happiness into people's lives. Make them better. I have a story where the RWBY team plays a 40k tabletop RPG. I'm gonna go work on that right now.
I wouldn't mind reading that when you finish it, it does sound like fun. :D

If it makes you feel any better, that idea of that did brighten up my day a little bit so you did what Roosterteeth said to do.

Demagogue

Sperm Alien
Mar 26, 2009
Didn't really follow much of the RT stuff other than RvB, (well a couple seasons of it) but my condolences to Monty's Family and Friends.

vid87

May 17, 2010
I haven't seen every single thing he's ever done, but what I have left me awe at his raw talent. Thank you Monty for your wonderful work.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Strength to his family and friends. My condolences!
Always a shame when stuff like this happens!

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
dalek sec said:
erttheking said:
To be honest, at this point I'd be ok with anything that they do. Keep it going to honor his memory? I'm ok with that. Cancel it to honor his memory? I'm ok with that too. I just...Fuck...

...Roosterteeth said that he would want me to do something creative. Bring some happiness into people's lives. Make them better. I have a story where the RWBY team plays a 40k tabletop RPG. I'm gonna go work on that right now.
I wouldn't mind reading that when you finish it, it does sound like fun. :D

If it makes you feel any better, that idea of that did brighten up my day a little bit so you did what Roosterteeth said to do.
I've already got the first chapter up if you're interested. (Dear God did I go full geek for this story)

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10881208/1/Team-RWBY-Plays-Rogue-Trader

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Uhm... This is terrible, but isn't the title of this thread just a tad premature? I mean, that's... You know. Kind of awkward...

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
CrystalShadow said:
Uhm... This is terrible, but isn't the title of this thread just a tad premature? I mean, that's... You know. Kind of awkward...
Sadly no it isn't. He passed away earlier today.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
...Christ that's depressing. My condolences to his family and coworkers, and may be rest in peace.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
erttheking said:
CrystalShadow said:
Sadly no it isn't. He passed away earlier today.
Oh. Well maybe the OP should be updated to make that clear as well, because it's ambiguous at the moment...

Ouch. To be honest I have no idea who this person is, but just given the date of birth it's clearly...
Well deaths are never happy events at the best of times, but this is just...

Wow.

Protocol95

May 19, 2010
Rest in peace Monty I know you're going keep being awesome wherever you. I'll remember to appreciate the awesome things I have and the awesome things you gave us.

Alfredo Jones

Jul 1, 2013
Seriously!? Damn, that sucks. I may not have been a fan of RWBY or the later seasons of RvB but I could tell from what little I watched that Monty's animation work was phenomenal. My heart goes out to Rooster Teeth and his family. I hope they all are able to bounce back from this.

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
I know by now everybody else has said what I'm saying, but this is awful to hear... to see someomnne of such talent and imagination to go in something so random. My condolences to his familly.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
RWBY and RvB marathon tonight.

I'm making it happen.

...Man, this is just awful, awful news.. he was such an aloof, but nice dude in podcasts and other content I'd seen/heard him in. Just damn it.. 33 is too fucking young.

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
Damn that sucks. Monty had some real animation talent and given an extra ten years I think he would have improved in leaps and bounds.

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
How tragic. All love to his family, his friends, and his fans in their time of mourning.