lacktheknack said:
Pendragon9 said:
Boron00 said:
Pendragon9 said:
Halfbreed13 said:
Pendragon9 said:
Boron00 said:
Pendragon9 said:
Well, I don't see the PC going anywhere. It has great exclusives like... uhh... Diablo and... uh... Warcraft and Starcraft! And...

Did I mention Diablo?

And the fans are always nice. They don't act like snobs, claiming console players are jerks. They certainly aren't asses who like to spout how awesome they are and constantly put others down because they're so stupidly snobbish they'd rather hate people than just enjoy their games.

Nope. Not at all.
Yea, and I totally don't get every time I go on Xbox live :

"Oh well you just suck"

and

"Well your mom"

and

"HALO IS THE BEST GAME EVER"

and

"I JUST PWNED THIS MATCH"

Those things are never said at all ;)

P.S. : KSarty ur avatar is awesome!
I have a Ps3 by the way. Your comment just flew right over into "I couldn't care" Territory.

Oh, and if you try and correct your mistake, you lose.

Also, I see you didn't counter me. Which means you agree that PC snobs are the most sickening people in the world.
Anyone who thinks they should divide gamers into groups based on their platform and then elevate their own should be castrated. That said, you will always have console tards and pc elitists so hush up and let the big boys talk.
Whoa whoa. I'm trying to rectify the problem. Don't throw your anger at me. But you must admit what I say is true. PC users are always so high of themselves.

Okay WTF is with this thing about PC elitist. When did elitism become bad? Elitism isn't bad it's how it is and always has worked until recently and now it has stopped because all of the babies and losers crying to their mommies. If something is better like the PC, and I can say this because the PC has and can do everything the the consoles can do and better, it should have the right to show itself and be established as superior. Just because you bought a bad system and think you wasted your money doesn't mean you have the right to *****.

BECAUSE IT'S NOT BETTER. That's what makes you a snob. Console gaming has helped video games become what they are today. PC gaming is fun and all, but it's not the best thing in the world.

If you disagree, I'd like to see some points why. The PC is automatically not the best gaming platform because it lacks so many exclusives of the console games. Not to mention not everyone likes to play on a keyboard or have to shell out money to buy an additional controller.

Do you hate consoles so bad? Why? Why do you have to be such an arrogant selfish pig when it comes to consoles?

You're no better than a fanboy.
Well, I stopped using my consoles, but my PC is going strong... I like mouse/keyboard better than gamepad... it has WAAAAY more exclusives from the indie companies (you know, the good game makers?)... and it has the best backwards compatibility, what with virtual machines... PLUS it has tons of free, LEGAL stuff. That's why I like PCs better than consoles.
You're wrong. That's all that needs to be said. I don't even have to explain what is wrong with what you said. But I'll say it anyway.

The Freeware is all that really interests me because I'll admit they're good. But when you said that PC games are superior, you lost the argument on account of presenting a very stupid argument based on biased opinion.

Let's see you play all the good console games on a PC.

Del-Toro

Aug 6, 2008
I wasn't worried until I found out Ensemble was killed off by Microsoft, now no more AoE! Well, at least EA has done well with the Command and Conquer IP (it was better on PC,even in it's recent iterations, I LOVE Red Alert 3) and I can't wait to get around to buying Empire:Total War. Then again, I havn't played many good PC shooters that weren't pirated and from the 90s over the last couple of years(a few RTS games obtained similarly). my recentish purchase of the Orange box and Painkiller being the obvious exceptions. Then again, I'm a hopeless strategy nerd, so I suppose the computer would be gaming heaven for me, to the point where I am trying to make an Advance Wars-ish TBS in Turing for my computer science class.

EnderWigginDA

Jul 1, 2008
Kif said:
With the increase and apparent ease of illegal downloads on the PC ..
I've heard that same line since the BBS era. Not saying it isn't a problem, but as an excuse it's complete garbage.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Pendragon9 said:
lacktheknack said:
Pendragon9 said:
Boron00 said:
Pendragon9 said:
Halfbreed13 said:
Pendragon9 said:
Boron00 said:
Pendragon9 said:
Well, I don't see the PC going anywhere. It has great exclusives like... uhh... Diablo and... uh... Warcraft and Starcraft! And...

Did I mention Diablo?

And the fans are always nice. They don't act like snobs, claiming console players are jerks. They certainly aren't asses who like to spout how awesome they are and constantly put others down because they're so stupidly snobbish they'd rather hate people than just enjoy their games.

Nope. Not at all.

"Oh well you just suck"

and

"Well your mom"

and

and

I have a Ps3 by the way. Your comment just flew right over into "I couldn't care" Territory.

Also, I see you didn't counter me. Which means you agree that PC snobs are the most sickening people in the world.
Anyone who thinks they should divide gamers into groups based on their platform and then elevate their own should be castrated. That said, you will always have console tards and pc elitists so hush up and let the big boys talk.
Whoa whoa. I'm trying to rectify the problem. Don't throw your anger at me. But you must admit what I say is true. PC users are always so high of themselves.

Okay WTF is with this thing about PC elitist. When did elitism become bad? Elitism isn't bad it's how it is and always has worked until recently and now it has stopped because all of the babies and losers crying to their mommies. If something is better like the PC, and I can say this because the PC has and can do everything the the consoles can do and better, it should have the right to show itself and be established as superior. Just because you bought a bad system and think you wasted your money doesn't mean you have the right to *****.

BECAUSE IT'S NOT BETTER. That's what makes you a snob. Console gaming has helped video games become what they are today. PC gaming is fun and all, but it's not the best thing in the world.

If you disagree, I'd like to see some points why. The PC is automatically not the best gaming platform because it lacks so many exclusives of the console games. Not to mention not everyone likes to play on a keyboard or have to shell out money to buy an additional controller.

Do you hate consoles so bad? Why? Why do you have to be such an arrogant selfish pig when it comes to consoles?

Well, I stopped using my consoles, but my PC is going strong... I like mouse/keyboard better than gamepad... it has WAAAAY more exclusives from the indie companies (you know, the good game makers?)... and it has the best backwards compatibility, what with virtual machines... PLUS it has tons of free, LEGAL stuff. That's why I like PCs better than consoles.
You're wrong. That's all that needs to be said. I don't even have to explain what is wrong with what you said. But I'll say it anyway.

The Freeware is all that really interests me because I'll admit they're good. But when you said that PC games are superior, you lost the argument on account of presenting a very stupid argument based on biased opinion.

Did you read it? I didn't say that all PC games were superior. I said that our INDIE EXCLUSIVES are superior. And I like indies, they have more tender love and care.

Halfbreed13

Apr 21, 2009
tenlong said:
Halfbreed13 said:
tenlong said:
Halfbreed13 said:
TundraWolf said:
tenlong said:
Nmil-ek said:
tenlong said:
dirk45 said:
Biggest advantages of the PC: Anybody with a little know how can start programming a video game for the PC and - even more important - I can enter a ten year old CD into my PC and start the game. Try this with your PS1 games.
You can play ps1 on the ps3 .
As can the pc, hi hi emulators.
True but the ps3 does it right of the box running better than it did on the ps1. Emulators are sometimes laggy or low res. But if you got a really good one yeah. I have seen some emulators have problems running nes games.
Unless they've seriously changed this, only the original 60GB and 20GB PS3's were backwards compatible out of the box. The next editions, the 80GB and 60GB ones that came out after the originals, were backwards compatible with some games, but only after you downloaded some software emulation that actually took up space on the harddrive of the PS3. For any models that came out after that, you were shit out of luck. So, really, this point is kind of moot, methinks.

It's all a matter of personal preference. PC gaming won't ever die because the market is still big enough to keep it afloat almost indefinitely. The statistics are always skewed, because almost everyone owns a PC, and almost everyone owns at least one game to be played on said computer. However, in this day and age, almost everyone who considers themself a "gamer" also has a console. In that respect, the statistics for gaming platforms are always skewed, because people always qualify in more than one column, even if you're only doing console vs. PC.

I, personally, have all three of the new-gen consoles and a gaming PC, but my preference is, and always will be, PC gaming. It just feels better for me. And that's what it comes down to. There are just as many people who prefer the feel of gaming on a PC to that of gaming on a console, and they keep the market afloat.

On top of this, all technology developers have been adding functional capabilities to their products to run with PC's. What I mean to say is that stuff like TV's and stereos have been becoming increasingly functional with PC's. You can hook your PC up to your 56" TV now, and run the sound into your 12.1 surround sound system, grab a wireless keyboard and mouse (or controller, if you prefer), sit on your couch and play away. The reason that consoles have excelled so much for so long is because, until recently, this wasn't possible with a PC. But it is, and the technology is continuing to advance.

In the long run, consoles will most likely become obsolete long before PC's, mostly because the only reason people enjoy them as much as they do is because they enjoy the casual, living-room play style that accompanies them. But if the PC can do that too, and you already own a PC for other reasons, why not combine it all onto one machine and save yourself a good chunk of change? If it's the controller issue that throws people off, as I said before, you can run a PC game using a controller, so that's a non-issue. Really, there's no excuse to play a game on a console instead of on a PC, unless the game isn't available. And that is an issue that is continually being addressed more and more with each passing year.

Long story short? PC gaming won't die, it perpetually evolves and adapts, much better than consoles can.
*Win*
You earned a cookie

Sob i got owned so bad . I am going to kill myself. Not! My Ps3 will run anything except for 2 games it freezes on after 30 or so min. I got like 200 + ps1 and ps2 games. so that is more than 99.5 % Bug free emulation. I have nothing against pc gaming. It doesn't have as many badass exclusives as it used to in the late 90's and 2000's. Hell people thought we have never arcade perfect ports to the consoles. They were wrong. It reminds me of fallout 3. I seen screen shots comparing the 360 and pc versions . It was barely noticibly better on the pc. It most likely ran smoother. Back to my point, halfbreed13 what are you a kid. Praising people getting owned on the internet is not the most mature thing to do. As i said my ps3 does about perfect emulation. I could care less what other ps3s can do. As last i heard all ps3 had complete ps1 emulation. Unless they changed it.
whoa calm down I expressed my support for his statement. Maybe in an odd manner but does that matter? No? Then come up with real statements if you want to attack me.

I am not mad. I think it is fail to be like."Yeah man you won! You get a cookie!" It is internet who cares. Do i have to verified by the pope and macho man randy savage before it is a real statement? I gave MY OPINION so i am automatically wrong? This what i hate about a lot about of pc gamers. You much as say a console does something as good or near as a pc does . A lot of pc gamers get their panties in a twist about it . The pc is not perfect. The consoles are not perfect ether. All i said originally is MY ps3 has complete backwards playability.Also a lot of emulators are buggy and or laggy unless you have a good one. That's all i said.
You say who cares but get your panties in a bunch when I make a joke. Would you prefer I just say "This" with a quote like everyone else? God damn you will attack me for everything. THE INTERNET IS SRS BUSINESS!!11!!1 Doesn't work when you also say who cares in the same sentence. Come to think of it, it never works >.>

Boron00

May 31, 2009
Pendragon9 said:
Boron00 said:
Pendragon9 said:
Halfbreed13 said:
Pendragon9 said:
Boron00 said:
Pendragon9 said:

Did I mention Diablo?

Nope. Not at all.

"Oh well you just suck"

and

"Well your mom"

and

and

Do you hate consoles so bad? Why? Why do you have to be so arrogant and selfish when it comes to consoles? Did they touch you at a young age and you have repressed feelings? Yeesh.

You think I am a fan boy? Look in the mirror. You want some points well here are some:

1. Anything a console can do the PC can do better or equal.

The PC can do everything the consoles can do equal or better. The graphics, game play, controls, and online features are all better or equal on the PC. I have an Xbox 360 and a Wii and I have played a good amount on them, and I noticed most of the time that the game would be better on the PC. Consoles should not exist, they bring nothing to the industry that PC can not do. This brings me to my next point.

2. Consoles have done a lot for the industry.

Yes the Consoles have done things for the industry, but not good things. The consoles have promoted bad games and ideas that have negativity effected the industry. For example, Halo. Halo is a average game with not the best game play or story, but because of the hype and it being on the Xbox it promotes its type of bad game play and ideas. Most games now strive to be Halo which is not a good thing.

Also consoles like I said before have brought nothing, no new features, nothing. Everything that can be done on consoles can be done better on the PC.

3. Consoles have exclusives that the PC does not have.

Yes very rarely this happens, but usually all good games are on the PC and better on it. I can't even think of a game that the consoles have that the PC doesn't, and if it doesn't, it has a PC game equivalent that is better. You can also use this argument the other way.

There are more games that only come out for the PC, than games that only come out for the consoles only. This brings me back to my previous argument, PC has everything consoles has, and it does it better.

4. People don't want to play with a mouse and keyboard, and people want BIG screens to play there games on.

Well a PC has a solution to these problems. If you own a controller to any game system, which I bet you do if you own a console, then you can hook it up to the PC and play with it (again here is the argument about how the PC has everything consoles have). Also if you want a big TV, there are huge monitors for PC now, and if you don't want to but one there is now Technology to hook up your computer to your TV.

So in conclusion the PC has everything and more that a console has. So the PC will never die and the consoles are obsolete.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
lacktheknack said:
Pendragon9 said:
lacktheknack said:
Pendragon9 said:
Boron00 said:
Pendragon9 said:
Halfbreed13 said:
Pendragon9 said:
Boron00 said:
Pendragon9 said:

Did I mention Diablo?

Nope. Not at all.

"Oh well you just suck"

and

"Well your mom"

and

and

Did you read it? I didn't say that all PC games were superior. I said that our INDIE EXCLUSIVES are superior. And I like indies, they have more tender love and care.
Well, okay then. Because you should remember that not everyone may like Indie games, just like how some people won't like Halo. Alright?

Shall we call it even there? That everyone has their preferences?

ShankHA32

May 10, 2009
PC games will never die out...I am sorry but as long as the asians draw breath, PC gaming will still be going strong. Unless you propose a MASS extermination of ALL asians (which i am highly opposed to) PC gaming will still have a strong community.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Boron00 said:
Pendragon9 said:
Boron00 said:
Pendragon9 said:
Halfbreed13 said:
Pendragon9 said:
Boron00 said:
Pendragon9 said:

Did I mention Diablo?

Nope. Not at all.

"Oh well you just suck"

and

"Well your mom"

and

and

Do you hate consoles so bad? Why? Why do you have to be so arrogant and selfish when it comes to consoles? Did they touch you at a young age and you have repressed feelings? Yeesh.

You think I am a fan boy? Look in the mirror. You want some points well here are some:

The PC can do everything the consoles can do equal or better. The graphics, game play, controls, and online features are all better or equal on the PC. I have an Xbox 360 and a Wii and I have played a good amount on them, and I noticed most of the time that the game would be better on the PC. Consoles should not exist, they bring nothing to the industry that PC can not do. This brings me to my next point.

Yes the Consoles have done things for the industry, but not good things. The consoles have promoted bad games and ideas that have negativity effected the industry. For example, Halo. Halo is a average game with not the best game play or story, but because of the hype and it being on the Xbox it promotes its type of bad game play and ideas. Most games now strive to be Halo which is not a good thing.

Also consoles like I said before have brought nothing, no new features, nothing. Everything that can be done on consoles can be done better on the PC.

Yes very rarely this happens, but usually all good games are on the PC and better on it. I can't even think of a game that the consoles have that the PC doesn't, and if it doesn't, it has a PC game equivalent that is better. You can also use this argument the other way.

There are more games that only come out for the PC, than games that only come out for the consoles only. This brings me back to my previous argument, PC has everything consoles has, and it does it better.

4. People don't want to play with a mouse and keyboard, and people want BIG screens to play there games on.

Well a PC has a solution to these problems. If you own a controller to any game system, which I bet you do if you own a console, then you can hook it up to the PC and play with it (again here is the argument about how the PC has everything consoles have). Also if you want a big TV, there are huge monitors for PC now, and if you don't want to but one there is now Technology to hook up your computer to your TV.

So in conclusion the PC has everything and more that a console has. So the PC will never die and the consoles are obsolete.
The consoles are still around though. So your observation is wrong. Infact, I'd say the hundreds of millions of people that own consoles would disagree that they're obsolete.

Now, don't be stupid and try and mention that more people own PCs, because then you'd become a dumbass that tries to put statistics and other bull crap into an argument.

Also, so long as a console has an exclusive a PC doesn't have, it is not the best. Unless you think you're important enough to say what game is good and what isn't. Well, do you think you're important enough to just say what's good and what isn't?

And what makes you think Consoles never did anything for anyone? Have you forgotten the NES and SNES? The breakthroughs in gaming they made? For shame.

Also, portable consoles beat PCs when it comes to gaming on the go. End of discussion there.

Okay? Besides, I never ragged on PCs for their bulkiness, or tendency to BSOD often, or high costs that require the best PC parts which require an arm and a leg, or bargain hunting that requires days of searching for a good price on PC hardware. I could mention all of those things, especially in this bad economy. But I won't. You know why? Because I like PC gaming.

I'm not a biased person like you. I enjoy both the consoles and the PC and I don't think you should be saying how the consoles are disgusting pieces of machines that have done only bad for the game industry. Because that makes you retarded on a Jack Thompson level.

Overall, let's not fight over who has the better pixel machine. It's reminiscent of a Halo fan saying how they're better because the 360 can play more games. Let us not go into that territory.

CWestfall

Apr 16, 2009
I'm going to throw my cards down.

I will never move on from the PC. The fact of the matter being that I don't care if Death Kill Shooty-Stab VIII for the PS5 has highly realistic rendering and can deliver up to 3 frames/sec, I've yet to see a FPS that really introduced anything meaningful to the genre in the last couple years.

I love games like the Sims, Sim City, Civilization, the tycoon games, and other RTS games. They suck so damn hard on consoles, mostly because of the lack of a proper keyboard and mouse.

tasthesose

Mar 20, 2009
I remember playing Warhammer: Shadow of The Horned Rat on my playstation and thinking to myself: "Self, consoles just plain suck at RTS and they will never be able to over come the loss of a keyboard."

The actual hassle of buying a PC game and then coming home to install it and then downloading patches for hours is still less of an investment for me than buying an Xbox 360 or PS3.

Boron00

May 31, 2009
Pendragon9 said:
Boron00 said:
Pendragon9 said:
Boron00 said:
Pendragon9 said:
Halfbreed13 said:
Pendragon9 said:
Boron00 said:
Pendragon9 said:

Did I mention Diablo?

Nope. Not at all.

"Oh well you just suck"

and

"Well your mom"

and

and

The consoles are still around though. So your observation is wrong. Infact, I'd say the hundreds of millions of people that own consoles would disagree that they're obsolete.

Now, don't be stupid and try and mention that more people own PCs, because then you'd become a dumbass that tries to put statistics and other bull crap into an argument.

Also, so long as a console has an exclusive a PC doesn't have, it is not the best. Unless you think you're important enough to say what game is good and what isn't. Well, do you think you're important enough to just say what's good and what isn't?

And what makes you think Consoles never did anything for anyone? Have you forgotten the NES and SNES? The breakthroughs in gaming they made? For shame.

Also, portable consoles beat PCs when it comes to gaming on the go. End of discussion there.

Okay? Besides, I never ragged on PCs for their bulkiness, or tendency to BSOD often, or high costs that require the best PC parts which require an arm and a leg, or bargain hunting that requires days of searching for a good price on PC hardware. I could mention all of those things, especially in this bad economy. But I won't. You know why? Because I like PC gaming.

I'm not a biased person like you. I enjoy both the consoles and the PC and I don't think you should be saying how the consoles are disgusting pieces of machines that have done only bad for the game industry. Because that makes you retarded on a Jack Thompson level.
Well talking about this over and over again isn't going to do anything, because the main part of the last post was about opinion, and what makes a good game, we have different opinions, but lets agree to disagree. I am not bias because I own consoles, but this will never end if we keep making counter points on a issues that is opinion based and has little facts. What makes a good game is up to you, so that is all I can say.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Boron00 said:
Well talking about this over and over again isn't going to do anything, because the main part of the last part was about opinion, and what makes a good game, we have different opinions, but lets agree to disagree. I am not bias because I own consoles, but this will never end if we keep making counter points on a issues that is opinion based and has little facts. What makes a good game is up to you so that is all I can say.
Okay. Glad you agree. Let us quell this argument.

runedeadthA

Feb 18, 2009
While I doubt PC gaming is dying, I was extremely disappointed When I saw in JB Hi-Fi's Gaming section of Their catalog that the had removed PC games from the 'log completely :( . They Always have had a small section for PC games compared to Consoles, however this isn't matched by what they used to have in quantity and prices in their store. They are cheap and have a big selection and I'm unsure what my point is anymore.

Anyway, I think PC has gone slightly off the mainstream (Though I can say Thanks to whatever Deity organized that), But it still has a strong Community and I doubt its gonna close down.

(P.S. sorry if this makes little sense I'm a bit tired -_-)

McBurks

May 8, 2009
All they need to do is lower there price.I'm sorry but I'm not paying 50$ for a game that I know is better on the PS3/360.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Pendragon9 said:
lacktheknack said:
Pendragon9 said:
lacktheknack said:
Pendragon9 said:
Boron00 said:
Pendragon9 said:
Halfbreed13 said:
Pendragon9 said:
Boron00 said:
Pendragon9 said:

Did I mention Diablo?

Nope. Not at all.

"Oh well you just suck"

and

"Well your mom"

and

and

Well, okay then. Because you should remember that not everyone may like Indie games, just like how some people won't like Halo. Alright?

Shall we call it even there? That everyone has their preferences?
Sounds good.

phar

Jan 29, 2009
Blizzard and Valve are the only 2 company keeping the PC afloat. Without them PC gaming would be very dead. And dont say MMOs are keeping the PC alive.. its only a matter of time before the consoles get a grip on them.

balimuzz

Apr 15, 2009
Boron00 said:
Lord Azrael said:
balimuzz said:
No. RIP PC exclusives.
Do you REAAAAAALLY like console adaptations of PC games??? They're generally dumbed down and awful by comparison!
lol, that is what I am trying to say. Xbox and consuls is just watering down good games, and making them terrible.
It has nothing to do with quality. I don't like them, but there's just no money in PC exclusives anymore. The cost that is required to make a good game is too much to risk not making the money back and then some, which means that you have to branch out to consoles. It's a sad thing, but one that we have to adapt to if we're going to be able to make it through the coming years without killing ourselves.