Rise From Your Grave With $1 Xbox Live Indie RPG

DividedUnity

Oct 19, 2009
Id buy that game but the logic that its only one dollar makes it a must buy is silly

If you pay one dollar for crap its still one dollar youve spent on crap. A dollar is still a dollar (im not saying this game is crap)

Id buy this but my xbox is broken. The graphics remind me of Gauntlet which i also bought from xbla

Headless Zombie

Feb 18, 2009
dragon_of_red said:
rabidmidget said:
Damn Australia and its lack of indie marketplace...

And how many times do you think he said the word "buck" in this article?
Seven, eight if you include 'sawbuck'.

I would surely get this if I were motivated enough to hook my 360 up to the internet.

Hulyen

Apr 20, 2009
I loved Guadia Quest! Went ahead and bought this one to tide me over until 3D Dot Game Heroes comes out.

Nova5

Interceptor
Sep 5, 2009
Breath of Death is definitely awesome - another game to add to the small list of RPGs I've actually enjoyed.

The gameplay's definitely retro, but it carries itself with good humor in a fairly unique way. Definitely worth a buck, for the experience.

Soulgaunt

Jan 14, 2009
Thank you for mentioning this game!
My birthday is tomorrow (I'm counting this as my present from the Escapist.), so after reading this article I decided to ask my mom to use the credit card to get this and The Passing!
So far, I'm having a lot of fun with this!

SUPA FRANKY

Aug 18, 2009
* Scrolls thorugh news*

* Clicks on Article*

* IS already on Xbox Live looking for the game*

ionveau

Nov 22, 2009
Looks like a game that would be free if it was on PC but i guess this is the kind of thing console players are happy spending there money on

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
That is most definitely a parody of the DQ series. The Character drawings even look like Akira Toriamas art.

I would get this but I have no XBL connection.

Hexenwolf

Sep 25, 2008
ionveau said:
Looks like a game that would be free if it was on PC but i guess this is the kind of thing console players are happy spending there money on
You're an arse.

As a matter of fact, I AM glad to be spending a dollar on it, moreso than if it was free. Because I am supporting fledgling developers. This is not a flash game. Very, very rarely will you see a free game that lasts 6 hours. This is something that they put some time and effort into, and I am HAPPY to give them ONE DOLLAR. It's not great loss on my end, but if it becomes popular enough, and believe me, I'll probably be telling all my friends, it just might be a significant gain for them.

And that is something I am happy to be spending my money on.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Hexenwolf said:
ionveau said:
You're an arse.

As a matter of fact, I AM glad to be spending a dollar on it, moreso than if it was free. Because I am supporting fledgling developers. This is not a flash game. Very, very rarely will you see a free game that lasts 6 hours. This is something that they put some time and effort into, and I am HAPPY to give them ONE DOLLAR. It's not great loss on my end, but if it becomes popular enough, and believe me, I'll probably be telling all my friends, it just might be a significant gain for them.

While I agree with your sentiment, you should try not to post angry. That kinda thing just escalates into a flame war. And well unless that's what you want. Admittedly only your first line is really angry, but someone who would baselessly bash a group with no provocation will probably jump on that.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
Hexenwolf said:
ionveau said:
You're an arse.

totally agree
gotta keep an eye on the indie game makers, esp when they really put effort into it

i'll def take a look at it
if only it had some battle animations (or pictures) to keep things interesting
and better character design but whatever lol

superbowlbound

Feb 25, 2009
I agree
Hexenwolf said:
ionveau said:
You're an arse.

I agree, you beat me to it.

Also sorry us console users have friends irl

sanzo

Jan 21, 2009
I'd definitely buy it, but I lack a 360. Any chance this is gonna be put on the PSN?

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
UPDATE: I Just bought it, and have been playing it for an hour or so.

I love it. Great find Goldman, thanks so much.

The game is chock full of humour and parody, and if you pay attention nearly every line in the game from a villager is a direct line from another game or a parody.

For example there is a character named "Nabi" who starts his sentence with "Hey listen!"

Such a great game.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Funny how I don't get to see any of this funny dialog on the video.

Yes, it only costs 1 dollar, but I've seen better attempts given for free.

My advice to everyone is to download Nick Bounty FOR FREE.

Jaqen Hghar

Feb 11, 2009
This sounds awesome! Now I just have to wait for Microsoft to open the Indie Store here in Norway... Why can't it be open here? There are several games on there I really want. This sucks.