Robin Williams' Daughter Leaves Twitter Following Online Abuse

AdagioBoognish

Member?
Nov 5, 2013
Darth Sea Bass said:
Some people really need their internet privileges revoking! Maybe their oxygen privileges too.
I've been in favor of an internet license and registration system for years now, because of people like this. For the love of god, please let us developed a way to punch people through the web.

unstabLized

Mar 9, 2012
And once again, the thought of hoping that somehow, some day, I get granted the ability to punch people through my monitor comes into my head.

This is sickening.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
I think we need to send some people back to kindergarten to learn what "Basic manners" are and explain to some people why it's not OK to do shit like this. Whether you're a major celebrity or not, you don't do this kind of shit to people.

That's literally all I can say about how this makes me feel without descending into a mad rage of gibberish and repeated use of the word "Cuntnugget".

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Thats why I dont do social media. So often it brings out the worst in people. My thoughts are with the family.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
The Internet: where we just can't have nice things. Not even Anonymous would stoop this low.

Ninmecu

May 31, 2011
Aiddon said:
And this is why anyone claiming "free speech!" should promptly be slapped across the chops before being banned from all social media. Jeez, even 4chan as a whole didn't find that funny (seriously, there were entire threads devoted to the man).

Also, apparently some people are wanting Nintendo to put his likeness into the next Zelda. I say model the next king of Hyrule after the man.
With that epic beard of his? Most definitely. Give him the Royal Treatment(and make him DO something, like the King of Red Lions, but less boat more pro-active kingly behavior)

On topic. This, to me, is the litteral definition of disgusting. There are no words. I don't care who the person was that died(Don't misread, I love me some Robin Williams and am equally hurt to see his passing.) there is no logical argument that can be made that this should ever in any way shape or form fall under "Free Speech". Acts of an Obscene nature are not protected by that sacred writ and if this isn't Obscene, I don't know what is. I hope that the people who did this are caught, made to face the consequences of such childish and reproachful actions and made to understand the true gravity of such actions. They disgust me. No human being should ever be put through that kind of torment after the passing of someone that probably meant the world to them. That's beyond "stay classy" it's literally disgusting.

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
I see the Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory still holds true. (Regular person +audience + anonymity = person spewing offensive bullshit).

While I don't think we could reasonably prosecute these people, perhaps a bit of old fashioned public shaming might do them some good?

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
And this is what happens when we allow "free speech", it's absolutely downright disgusting that people would do this to her after losing not only a dear father but a guy who gave us countless entertainment, laughs and childhood memories.

Can't wait to see free speech defenders turn up though, they'd deserve the slap just the same.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Sure while social media does bring people closer to the celebrity and vice versa but this is just doing the oppersite. Sometime we don't really need that sort of crap from others that we can do without.

Groxnax

Apr 16, 2009
Well, I hope that whoever did spew out that garbage towards that poor girl gets struck by lightning and get sent to Hades.

Because we don't need people like that on this planet.

Sorry but that's my opinion on this.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
There's a special place in hell for people like this.

Oh and I would LOVE to see some one try and pull the '1st amendment card' on this. I wanna laugh at them.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
I'd like to see these people prosecuted. But knowing how fucked up our justice system is nothing will be done about them. Hopefully their names are released out to the public so they can't feel safe in public.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
But surely she should just grow a thicker skin and get over it because, like, this is just the internet being the internet!

... yeah, this is garbage and so are the type of people who would do that sort of thing. I hope that Twitter finds some way to go beyond mere suspensions with those involved. As for changes to Twitter itself? I'm not sure much can be done without some very major changes to the way the service works.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
What the hell is wrong with some people?!? Sometimes I think we need a taser button for the internet... well, good on her for not going off the handle. I know I probably would...

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
This is why you will never find me on Twitter. Full of twits, it is. I would like to extend my apologies to the girl for idiocy of lesser people, and apologize again for there being so much of them around. I feel that this, if nothing else, is a good rallying cry against social networking, possibly topped off with a bit from The World's End for class.

Halla Burrica

May 18, 2014
Well this is pretty fucked up. People on the Internet can be a cynical and often mean-spirited bunch, but this is far beyond the usual shit of trolling or bullying, where they do it for "teh lulz" and get a laugh because they managed to piss someone off (huge achievement), this is just straight up sadism, taking pleasure in someone else's pain. Kicking someone while they're this much down, that's just cruel. Jesus, Twitter.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Batou667 said:
While I don't think we could reasonably prosecute these people, perhaps a bit of old fashioned public shaming might do them some good?
Actually these people could be prosecuted, Zelda Williams could have them charged with harassment and assault charges (and probably some other lesser known ones)

OT: there are some sick people out there,glad to see the majority of society has brought out their best and it's a very minor group of dicks pulling shit like this. They should be ashamed of themselves.

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
I don't really think of myself as any sort of nice person, given my personality, appearance, etc. but some people really go out of their way to be giant rampaging dicks. If their identities were leaked online, I would have no quams about them getting lynched.