Robin Williams Dead From Suspected Suicide - Update

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Battenberg said:
Tragic beyond words. Not just for his family and loved ones but the world as a whole. He'll no doubt be remembered as a legend in the years to come and rightly so, RIP.

On a side note do people really think Bicentennial Man is terrible? I haven't seen the other two films the editor described that way but I really liked Bicentennial Man, I didn't realise it was an unpopular film.
It wasn't so much "bad", just such an obvious tearjerker. Robin's character in the film is immediately both tragic and charming from minute 1. So most people will watch it once then never see it again. There's a few films out there that operate similarly, but are more serious and don't carry the lighthearted comedy that many of Robin William's films have.

XenoScifi

Dec 30, 2013
I am deeply disturbed by this news. Robin Williams has always felt like a family to me. I never got the chance to meet him but growing up as a child with him in all of my favorite movies, this makes me sad beyond belief. There are very few personalities that would choke me up like I am right now.

He will always be remembered as one of the TRUE great comedians on our era. You will be terribly missed Robin Williams.

Deathfish15

Nov 7, 2006
This maybe in a bit of bad taste, but here goes....

Robin Williams is depressed.

Robin Williams kills himself.

Everyone in the world now depressed.

The last joke of Robin Williams is to make everyone else feel as he felt?

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Hook and Aladdin were my freaking childhood... Man, what a terrible loss :'(

You will be truly missed Mr. Williams.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
R.I.P

At this point in time I'd say my most fond memory of him was from Aladdin though I enjoyed other films he has been in, heck watched a bit of jumanji the other day.

I'll echo what others said when I honestly thought of him as a cheerful man so came as quite a bit of a shock and initially thought article must have been about some other williams.

chiggerwood

Lurker Extrordinaire
May 10, 2009
Luckily Williams was a donor. The hair on his left arm alone will be able to service five thousand cancer patients world wide.

Rest In Peace.

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
This is a joke right?...

EDIT: I honestly don't know how to react right now I kind of just feel like everything just stopped. No way is Robin Williams dead..

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
I had the honor of seeing him live once, it was truly fantastic.

I like most of his work, even Bicentennial Man and Patch Adams.

but this?

Still feels like some one's gonna find out this story is fake and over exaggerated

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
Remus said:
krazykidd said:
Well then. Wasn't expecting this. Well i respect a persons right to off themselves. Here to hoping he finds peace where ever he's at.

Btw , it says suspected suicide, any idea how? Maybe i missed it in the thread.
Asphyxiation. Haven't heard more beyond that.
I'll be assuming accidental death via belt due to choking fetish until confirmed otherwise.

Mar 26, 2008
I'm really shocked by this. My kids have been watching Mrs Doubtfire the last few days and I was just thinking about him. I knew he'd struggled with depression and substance abuse (which is often a corollary for people with depression) for ages. I guess it fueled his genius in some ways with how he could switch gear from those manic highs to those maudlin lows. I wish this were a joke perpetrated by Williams; but unfortunately it ain't and the world has lost a great comedian, and by all reports an even greater person.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
Robin Williams is one of my childhood heroes, and yet, I just kind of took his existence for granted. I figured that the guy would live forever. That naivety just stuck for some reason. I can't imagine what he must have gone through. It's just cruel irony that a man so good at making other people happy had so much depression pent up.

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
Don't care what anybody else thinks, I fuckin' loved Bicentenial Man... as a kid. I didn't really commit a lot of people to mind as a kid, but any time is saw Robin Williams in something, I knew I was in for a treat. Depression takes another person too soon, it wouldn't have been as bad if it was his heart (which he hade a least one major operation on that I know of) had given out, but to know it was by choice... really sucks ass.

Now I'm gonna go watch every movie of his I can find, needed a better send off than 'Angriest Man in Brooklyn'.

DragonsAteMyMarbles

You matter in this world. Smile!
Feb 22, 2009
God damn it.
I'm going to have to watch Aladdin tomorrow. And cry.
Sylocat said:
Depression doesn't fight fair.
I think part the reason this news is hitting some people so hard is because so many are or have been afflicted by the same thing.
It knows your weaknesses. It hits you exactly where it hurts. Sometimes the most difficult thing in the world is not to listen to that little voice.
That Robin Williams succumbed wasn't due to any weakness on his part. Even the strongest of us can only take so much.

Dissmillus

May 2, 2011
Man, I don't even know what to say, this still seems so surreal I almost don't believe it. Like many here I don't remember a celebrity death ever affecting me like this before, he will be missed.

Keiichi Morisato

Nov 25, 2012
Objectable said:
Dear Internet: The best way to honor Robin Williams' life is to maybe *not* draw 10,000 shitty pictures of Aladdin crying over an empty lamp
*in the middle of drawing*
*reads forum post*
*quickly erases the drawing*
don't mind me, i am just drawing the kids from Mrs. Doubtfire crying over a wig.

Master_of_Oldskool

Sep 5, 2008
We'll never see a live-action Pokémon movie now. Not unless they find a way to leave Professor Oak out of it entirely.

Fuck me, this sucks.

I've been letting World's Greatest Dad languish in my Netflix queue for a while. Think I'll give it a watch tonight.