Robin Williams Dead From Suspected Suicide - Update

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
One of a kind, never to be forgotten.

lacktheknack said:
I've gone and watched Robin Williams' episode of "Who's Line Is It Anyway". Seems like a fitting tribute to the man. It will forever be the best episode.
"So then I said, 'get off me Grandma, I'm done!'"

Darklupus

Mar 13, 2010
No, no, no, no, no, no no! I knew he was depressed, but I didn't know it would come to this! Gosh darn no!

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Starik20X6 said:
One of a kind, never to be forgotten.

lacktheknack said:
I've gone and watched Robin Williams' episode of "Who's Line Is It Anyway". Seems like a fitting tribute to the man. It will forever be the best episode.
"So then I said, 'get off me Grandma, I'm done!'"
"So, I'm looking out my back window, and there's Robin and his grandmother, and I'm like-!"

It's a shame to think there are people out there who haven't seen that episode. D:

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Aw that's really sad. He was one of my favourite actors. He always played such cheerful and uplifting characters so he brightened my day numerous times. Really gonna miss him. Fuck, I'm actually tearing up. This just really sucks.

Edit: Now I'm thinking of that episode of Louie where they agree to go to each other's funerals depending on who dies first. That was the last thing I saw him in and to be honest, he did look kind of sad in it, but maybe that was just what the script called for.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
I love how my topic was locked and such and then this came up exactly 1 min later D:

OT: He will be missed he had at least one movie everyone liked and enjoyed.

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
I'm as taken by surprise by it as everyone else. Really hard to believe it all.

JayRPG

Oct 25, 2012
"Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. Great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor...I am Pagliacci."

It is shocking how often this is the case, the people that seem so happy, funny and carefree on the outside are the ones really hurting on the inside.

Robin is a gargantuan loss to this world.

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
Between this, Stephen Fry's admission that he tried to end it a few years ago, and an Aussie comedian I follow talking seriously about his struggles with depression and alcoholism, I'm going to go out of my fucking way to make sure everyone I know is okay. All the time.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
RIP oh dear master of laughs. the world has lost one of its greats and you shall be missed.

Vancleef

Jul 6, 2010
This really hit me hard. Depression is such a horrible thing that it can do this to people.
I'm at loss for words... He was a great guy, and he will be missed.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Rest in peace.

My condolences to his family and friends.

He will be missed by many, did many great things in his line of business!

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I'm still just floored and I can't believe that he's gone.

He was such a huge part of my childhood that it's weird that he's just gone now. It's gonna be hard for me for a while to watch any of his work and not tear up a bit. I really hope that his family is doing okay though.

I'm just gonna echo what I saw on Twitter and just say this, fuck depression.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
wow,
just wow....

My childhood hero

I wish you Light Love and Peace Robin.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
This...this just sucks.

Gonna miss you dude. I know you had some movies that weren't quite great, but, that didn't take away from the successes and good you did. You still brought a smile to my face more then once and I'm sure you did it for countless more people too. I can't hate a man for that. Even now I still really enjoy Jumanji and Aladdin.

Goodbye Mr. Williams. And, to your family, all I have to say is this: I'm so sorry. Losing a loved one always hurts, no matter how it happens.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
The last movie I've seen on him was Man of the Year.

Holy fuck, that was a terrible movie. I wanted him to bounce back because he is so much better than this.

To see it all end like this is just tragic. Goodbye.

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
Completely devastated. He made me incredibly happy so to know he suffered from depression makes it all the worse.