Robin Williams Dead From Suspected Suicide - Update

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
I don't know what's worse, the fact that another famous person got addicted to drugs and eventually committed suicide due to depression despite having everything in the world going for them or that I'm no longer in the least bit surprised to hear about it.

RIP Robin Williams, I hope no other celebrities end up join you anytime soon.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I know Williams wasn't in the best mental shape in the last couple of years, but when it finally happens it's still bewildering. I'll always remember him as the lovable Parry from The Fisher King.

I'll never look at this scene the same again...

Branindain

Jul 3, 2013
I don't think a celebrity death has ever taken me so hard. He was just such a likable guy, and the greatest actor/comedian of all time imho. The TV station I was just watching honoured him by showing a montage of his interviews with them over the years, and he destroyed every one by reducing the interviewers to giggling wrecks who couldn't remember the question.

I'm with lacktheknack on this one, I think hunting down his Whose Line episode is the way to go Then maybe one of those great performances in awful movies that the OP rightly refers to. Maybe Death to Smoochy.

Darth Sea Bass

Mar 3, 2009
As others have said I normally don't lose it over celebrity deaths. But this has properly upset me! R.I.P. Big man. Nanu, Nanu.

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
Remus said:
Asphyxiation. Haven't heard more beyond that.
Am I the only one considering that this might be another case of auto-erotic asphyxiation gone awry and his agent is merely pushing the suicide angle to save his reputation?

Just saying (I'm so sorry).

Fairly Chaotic

Jun 18, 2014
The world is truly lessened by this loss. Rest in peace Mr. Williams. You will be missed.

I'm going to go watch Good Will Hunting.

x EvilErmine x

Cake or death?!
Apr 5, 2010
I don't know what to say about this, except maybe I'm gutted to hear about it, feels like a part of my childhood just died :eek:(

Rest in piece Mr Williams. You will be missed.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
He was in two of the greatest movies ever made.

Fisher King was arguably Terry Gilliam's best crafted movie.

And Popeye is hands down the best musical ever made and hasn't been topped in 30 years.

Silk_Sk

Mar 25, 2009
What, no mention of Hook? That's the first movie I'm going to re-watch and enjoy in his memory.

Wuvlycuddles

Oct 29, 2009
BanicRhys said:
Remus said:
Asphyxiation. Haven't heard more beyond that.
Am I the only one considering that this might be another case of auto-erotic asphyxiation gone awry and his agent is merely pushing the suicide angle to save his reputation?

Just saying (I'm so sorry).
Fairly certain that was actually the basic plot of one of his movies, "Worlds Greatest Dad" I believe.

Anyway, really sad to hear the news and I recommend other fans head over to wtfpod.com Marc Maron did an incredible interview with Mr Williams a few years ago and its been put up for free, well worth a listen.

marioandsonic

Nov 28, 2009
I can't really express how sad this is, so I'm just going to reference this part of Christopher Reeve's Wikipedia page, on what happened shortly after his accident:

Reeve went through inner anguish in the ICU, particularly when he was alone during the night. His approaching operation to reattach his skull to his spine "was frightening to contemplate. ... I already knew that I had only a fifty-fifty chance of surviving the surgery. ... Then, at an especially bleak moment, the door flew open and in hurried a squat fellow with a blue scrub hat and a yellow surgical gown and glasses, speaking in a Russian accent." The man announced that he was a proctologist and was going to perform a rectal exam on Reeve. It was Robin Williams, reprising his character from the film Nine Months. Reeve wrote: "For the first time since the accident, I laughed. My old friend had helped me know that somehow I was going to be okay."
That's right, Robin Williams was able to cheer Superman up.

RIP

Magmarock

Sep 1, 2011
This is just too depressing. I favourite role would probably be the gene from Aladdin. He was a bit like that in real life too adding a little bit of magic in the roles he was cast in. Will forever miss Robb.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Macsen Wledig said:
He probably watched one of his stand up routines and decided to do the right thing.
You know....there is a lot of stuff that could be said about this post. But I'm honestly not gonna bother. Williams brought joy to millions. Whats your contribution except bile?

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Objectable said:
Dear Internet: The best way to honor Robin Williams' life is to maybe *not* draw 10,000 shitty pictures of Aladdin crying over an empty lamp
Wait, don't tell me this is a new Meme or something cause of this?
If it is, I will flip the sh*t and everything else in my room. When I will leave my workplace of course....

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
I was just re-watching Insomnia yesterday on Amazon Prime?

Dead Poets Society is probably my favorite movie with him, should have won the Oscar for that. A very close second would be Good Morning Vietnam.

Well too bad, farewell.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
SweetShark said:
Objectable said:
Dear Internet: The best way to honor Robin Williams' life is to maybe *not* draw 10,000 shitty pictures of Aladdin crying over an empty lamp
If it is, I will flip the sh*t and everything else in my room. When I will leave my workplace of course....
I don't think it's exactly a meme.
Just that many people felt it was a fitting tribute since Aladdin was a big part of their childhood and William's performance in it was memorable.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Lieju said:
SweetShark said:
Objectable said:
I don't think it's exactly a meme.
Just that many people felt it was a fitting tribute since Aladdin was a big part of their childhood and William's performance in it was memorable.
I will give it a time. If this indeed happen, to become a meme I mean, I will start snif every kind of smelly things around my house to finally accept this reality of Internet.
And I have weirds fetishes, so this is an achievement saying that.....

byte4554_v1legacy

Feb 23, 2010
When I heard the news, my heart sank. Robin Williams was somewhat of a hero of mine, for being such a kind, funny, comedian, actor, and human being.
May he rest happily, and peacefully.