Rockstar Has a Fistful of Red Dead Ideas

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
Red Dead ReleaseonPCalready!

And don't give us the typical Microsoft version of PC "support." Part 2 of a series on PC, with no Part 1 to be found, just plain sucks. (I'd be happy with RDRedemption on PC, though, as it is so separate from RDRevolver in story and gameplay)

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
More DLC, please. Undead Nightmare was fun and worth spending the space-dollars on.

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
I'm gonna bet it's gonna be Red Dead Revolution. Especially if it's about the death of the Wild West as I imagine it will be, just don't hope it's Jack we're playing as....

Either way, RDR is one of my top games, if not my favourite right, so it'd happily eat up a sequel. Also, UN was awesomeeee.

ComicsAreWeird

Oct 14, 2010
I still havent played RD Redemption, but it looks like i´ll have to play it and Undead Nightmare. I´m still playing another Rockstar sandbox game...GTA IV.

MalevolentStaircase

Mar 21, 2010
5-0 said:
A possible other direction to go in would be Red Dead prequel, with John's days as an outlaw. Problem with that though would be less emotional depth than Redemption.
Its called Red Dead Revolver.Look it up.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
If there's a sequel then
Jack
needs to man up if he's gonna carry an entire game, if the sequel focuses on him at all.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Reshkar said:
Sequal to Red Dead? Hmm.. I don't think it needs a sequal. I want a new GTA game naow :)
Rockstar North and Rockstar San Diego are seperate studios.

They CAN do both at the same time.

San Diego made Red Dead and the Midnight Club series.

North handles the main GTA series.

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
NeedAUserName said:
It could be very interesting, especially if it focused on Jack Marston and his struggle with the dying Old West, and the newer industrialized America. With towns like Armadillo disappearing into the dusty wastes, and more "civilized" towns such as Blackwater becoming more popular.

Also Red Dead Revenge. Jack seeking more revenge on the corruption in the federal government, focusing on him as an outlaw/bank-robber/classic anti hero.
Sounds awesome, but
they need to make Jack more likable first.

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
MalevolentStaircase said:
5-0 said:
A possible other direction to go in would be Red Dead prequel, with John's days as an outlaw. Problem with that though would be less emotional depth than Redemption.
Its called Red Dead Revolver.Look it up.
Red Dead Redemption isn't a sequel to Red Dead Revolver, its a spiritual successor. The main character of Red Dead Revolver is Red Harlow, a bounty hunter, not an outlaw. Play it before you assume anything.

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
mazzjammin22 said:
NeedAUserName said:
It could be very interesting, especially if it focused on Jack Marston and his struggle with the dying Old West, and the newer industrialized America. With towns like Armadillo disappearing into the dusty wastes, and more "civilized" towns such as Blackwater becoming more popular.

Also Red Dead Revenge. Jack seeking more revenge on the corruption in the federal government, focusing on him as an outlaw/bank-robber/classic anti hero.
Sounds awesome, but
they need to make Jack more likable first.
I agree, but at the same time,
Jack was never particularly unlikeable in my opinion, its just that no one wanted to loose John, and Jack had to do a tough job. He had a fraction of the voice acting John got, and only had one really unique mission. I'm referring to adult Jack by the way, I agree teenage Jack is a particularly unlikeable scrote.

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
logiman said:
How about a f*****g PC version? How`s that for an idea?
I like you.

Indeed, I care not for Red Dead Redemption, because it isn't on PC. Which makes me sad.

BlackStar42

Jan 23, 2010
Awesome ideas everyone's got here! I still haven't played the original Redemption, stupid Amazon hasn't delivered it yet. *grumbles*

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
Yes please. I'd also love to see Jack get his own story, either with a sequel or DLC. (Though I'm not sure R* is planning anymore DLC at this point.)

RadioActiveChimp

Mar 3, 2009
Red Dead Recluse: Explore the life of the hermit in the hills.
Red Dead Racquetball: (self explanatory)
Red Dead Ralfing: A collection of saloon mini games.
Red Dead Referee: The local sports leagues are getting out of hand, time for you to restore order to the games by any means necessary.
Red Dead Realtor: (self explanatory)
Red Dead Reputation: A prequel where the main character's high school social life is in shambles. (western dating sim GO!)