Rockstar Wants Fan Feedback for Grand Theft Auto V

Sarah LeBoeuf

Apr 28, 2011
Rockstar Wants Fan Feedback for Grand Theft Auto V

Gamers have a chance to weigh in on what they want to see in GTA V's multiplayer.

As development on Grand Theft Auto V moves along, Rockstar Games wants your input. You probably have plenty of ideas about how Rockstar can make one of the most successful series of all time even better, but the publisher specifically wants to know what you think about Social Club Crews. This function allows gamers to team up and combine their efforts to earn rewards, and Rockstar wants to make it better, with your help.

The announcement was posted on the Rockstar Games website [http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/45621/what-would-you-like-to-see-in-gtav-crews.html], with the post asking for "feedback, input, and ideas for features you'd like to see created for Crews in the game."

"Whether it's suggestions for competitive in-game Crew features in multiplayer, new ways to manage and recruit, ideas for enhancing Social Club Crew pages and leaderboards, things you did and didn't like about Crews in Max Payne 3, or any thoughts at all related to Crews really that you'd like to share - we're all ears. We'd especially love to hear from current Crew members and leaders so that we can continue making our unique approach to persistent team based multiplayer as fun as it can be in GTAV."

To provide feedback, email [email protected] with your thoughts. Being able to tell a publisher what you want in its next game sure beats yelling into the void of the internet. Hopefully Rockstar's efforts will be rewarded with an improved Crew system, which we'll see when Grand Theft Auto V is released at some point in the indeterminate future.

Source: VG247 [http://www.oxm.co.uk/46785/rockstar-wants-your-input-on-gta-5s-crews-and-multiplayer/]

lolobar

May 24, 2010
Rockstar I've got two words for you... NO MULTIPLAYER

Every time a studio plans to put multiplayer in a single player game, things tend to be bad.
The first thing is that the single player takes a hit. That's because the developers are being split between the single player and multiplayer development. This means that less development time is given to the single player.

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
As Nicolaus and Felix have said, screw multiplayer and bring a fun SINGLE PLAYER EXPERIENCE.
not like that boring , gritty awful GTAIV

MailOrderClone

Nov 30, 2009
The social club crews idea really has my attention. I'm the sort of gamer that loves to play games that feature cooperative elements and an overarching sense of fellowship, and this seems like a great way to foster that sort of experience.

That's an appealing element, and one that, if expanded upon enough, will probably insure my purchase.

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
Wait, so I'm the only one who wants Multiplayer? I for one loved that Saints Row the Third lets you drop in a second guy so that you can work together to torch the town. I don't care about fancy competitive modes, but I would like the ability to drop in a second (or third or fourth) friend to wreak havoc with.

Would it require devoting some time from ZOMG ONLY SINGELPALYER? Yes. But I think the added fun from getting multiple people in the same world would be worth it.

Unless they're talking about a bizarre tumor of a multiplayer mode that isn't just multiple people freeroaming together, in which case screw that.

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
lolobar said:
Rockstar I've got two words for you... NO MULTIPLAYER

Every time a studio plans to put multiplayer in a single player game, things tend to be bad.
The first thing is that the single player takes a hit. That's because the developers are being split between the single player and multiplayer development. This means that less development time is given to the single player.
I think it depends more on what type of multiplayer we're talking about as well as what type of game we are talking about. The Bioshock 2 linear first-person story type game didn't match well with the pointless multiplayer death-match. A game like GTA with a huge open world, alot of style, and ton of options could do fairly well with a good co-op mode. Sadly I think this is the type of thing that players really need to find their own fun in rather than just dropping them into a pointless arena style kill-fest or random mini-game. I remember half the fun of GTA 3 when it came out was seeing just how far you could push the game and how much chaos you could cause before passing the controller to the next kid waiting to play. Basically what we don't need is a pointless deathmatch mode or even a racing mode (I hate open world games that do this, We have dedicated racing games for a reason!) what we need is a mode where a few friends can get together and see how many cars we can launch onto buildings or play a nice game of chicken with a tank and a train. Whatever happens I just hope it turns out a bit better than Saints Row 3's multiplayer, the game was decent but the city was so generic and bland I simply had no desire to blow the hell out it with friends.

ViciousTide

Aug 5, 2011
Become more like Fable, add real estate and evolving economies to your games. I want to startout broke then be allowed to be a CEO, a Druglord, and create my own custom Mansions on Islands for Cribs!

Not: "Oh your cousin just died for that quarter of a million. But now you can't buy anything except a nice suit and a car you could steal." Pathetic mid-end game options.

Zeren

Aug 6, 2011
I loved GTA4 and it's multiplayer, I just want them to refine it and drop Games for Windows Live.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Nicolaus99 said:
"Gamers have a chance to weigh in on what they want to see in GTA V's multiplayer."

How about it's absence?
this.
i was going to say you want us to comment on a game after showing jsut a generic teaser with no info. then i read they want our infomation on all the features im nebver going to use. rock star social club, really? how about go away with your stupid hidden DRM and stop calling it multiplayer?

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
How about instead of worrying about mp, you make a fun and compelling single player game-play and story, hell the way the last game was i wouldnt be surprised if you had to go to traffic school every time you get into a fender bender and a chance to get married as well in GTA V.

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
trty00 said:
l3o2828 said:
As Nicolaus and Felix have said, screw multiplayer and bring a fun SINGLE PLAYER EXPERIENCE.
not like that boring , gritty awful GTAIV
You know, if you didn't like the slightly more mature direction that Rockstar took with GTA4, you probably won't like this one either. I don't think we'll be seeing another San Andreas anytime soon, especially since Volition has that covered with Saints Row.
I don't really mind about the maturity of the game as much as i worry about the color palette of the world.
The game needs to be brighter, shinier, with less Pastely brown colors.
You know, kinda like a refined Vice City.

The rampage-y fun is still there, i suppose. And i have to say the GTAIV story was good, not as fun or as interesting as it was in previous installments but the seriousness of it all gave the game a sense that it's growing it's beard as far as story telling goes. Which is possitive, it wasn't what i was looking for, but oh well.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Surprisingly GTA was one of the few games that I don't have a problem with adding multiplayer in. I mean, bigass open city, grab a couple of your bros and wreak havoc. Multiplayer in GTA is a good fit, is what I'm saying.

But rather than focus on multiplayer death matches and the like, go the Saints Row route and add co-op. Me and my friends would use the multiplayer feature in GTA IV just to go dicking about around the city. So put the death matches aside and focus on building a better campaign, and for multiplayer, just add co-op to it.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Rather have some info on The Agent or w/e it is.

After Red Dead Redemption, that's all I care about coming from Rockstar.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Sigh, and here I was about to ask for more extremely tall things to drive off of. ROCKSTAR. YOU DO NOT NEED MULTIPLAYER. Focus on more vehicles, quirky characters, and the environment. My favorite things to do in SA was to drive around the country on a chopper, and messing around the dessert in cars. In fact, it was to get away from people.