Rollercoaster Tycoon 4!

raeior

Oct 18, 2013
You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly sir! Bravo!

But hey..they announced on Twitter that they are thinking about a PC version...but I'm sure no one wants that one, right? I mean who would want to play a tycoon game on PC! That's ridiculous!

TwitchyGamer101 said:
First Evil Genius, then Dungeon Keeper, now this?
Wow..I didn't even know they butchered Evil Genius. Great job guys!

TheYellowCellPhone said:
In other news, I have the Gold Edition of Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 I think I'm going to reinstall.
Does it work well? I'm remembering some bug where rollercoasters just randomly changed their enjoyment, barf and what not factor leading to queues fluctuating wildly between "everyone wants in" and "chirping cicada". Also there was no building underground/tunnels stuff, right?

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
kiri2tsubasa said:
Ahhh, the husk that is Atari, I had no idea that they were even still around. Thought that closed their doors back in 2010 or 2011 (didn't something big happen to them then, I swear I am just drawing a blank here?).
They went bankrupt. But like every corporation someone saved them by buying them out. Now they're being pumped for money for all their IP's worth by people who don't have a clue how this market functions.

crono738

Sep 4, 2008
Read the title, got excited. Saw the video...so disappoint. Dammit it's like the Breath of Fire 6 announcement all over again :(

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
I haven't had my joys and hopes filled so quickly, and then dashed just as quickly since J-e-f-f-e-r-s made that thread about how there was gonna be a new Breath of Fire game...except it was mobile...

Why must you tamper with my feels Weaver!? That's only reserved for Adventure Time! >.<

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
raeior said:
You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly sir! Bravo!

But hey..they announced on Twitter that they are thinking about a PC version...but I'm sure no one wants that one, right? I mean who would want to play a tycoon game on PC! That's ridiculous!

TwitchyGamer101 said:
First Evil Genius, then Dungeon Keeper, now this?
Wow..I didn't even know they butchered Evil Genius. Great job guys!

TheYellowCellPhone said:
In other news, I have the Gold Edition of Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 I think I'm going to reinstall.
Does it work well? I'm remembering some bug where rollercoasters just randomly changed their enjoyment, barf and what not factor leading to queues fluctuating wildly between "everyone wants in" and "chirping cicada". Also there was no building underground/tunnels stuff, right?
I've kind of been enjoying the waterpark addition more than paying attention to anything else :V

I don't pay attention to revenue, because I normally play sandbox, and I don't pay attention to popularity of rides because I manage them horribly (one cart per ride means no crashes!) and the lines are always full because it's slow. I don't know about building underground (I can't recall ever doing that in RCT3) because sandbox mode is entirely flat and I don't terraform. That'd be a shame if you can't build underground, there were tons of cool rides I did in RCT1 that used underground routes.

Whatever bugs there are, I don't think they break the game by any stretch of imagination. Some of it is just how Rollercoaster Tycoon works.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
We're sure this isn't a parody? Because holy shit it looks like one of the games you'd see on a bad TV show or something that's making fun of the actual games that are like this. It looks like every bad mobile/facebook game to a ridiculous extent.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Neronium said:
I haven't had my joys and hopes filled so quickly, and then dashed just as quickly since J-e-f-f-e-r-s made that thread about how there was gonna be a new Breath of Fire game...except it was mobile...

Why must you tamper with my feels Weaver!? That's only reserved for Adventure Time! >.<
I'm sorry! I guess I wanted to replicate the emotional bump I went through when I first saw the announcement lol.
I do admit it's a bit cruel.

Feb 28, 2008
G-damn it! "Based on the beloved RollerCoaster Tycoon® franchise" ... onto whose legacy it drops its trousers and does a filthy large dump.

raeior

Oct 18, 2013
Hooray for another emotional rollercoaster!
The developer announced that they will release a PC version of the game that will be entirely different from the mobile version. Shortly after that announcement they say this: "While specific differences between the mobile and PC versions - such as whether it adopts the same structure and use of in-game currency - have yet to be confirmed, it will be an "online multiplayer experience" that won't run through Facebook.". Online multiplayer experience? Awesome! What else would I want from a Rollercoaster Tycoon game.

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a559548/rollercoaster-tycoon-4-on-pc-will-be-a-completely-different-game.html

fozzy360

I endorse Jurassic Park
Oct 20, 2009