If you can't follow through

All that matters
Taking matters into your own claws
Soon I will control everything[footnote]by virtue of being a BEAR[/footnote]
My wish is your command

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
So, domestic abuse is funny now? Sorry, I know, I'm being oversensitive. But this one just didn't sit well with me somehow...

ajemas

Nov 19, 2009
Jandau said:
So, domestic abuse is funny now? Sorry, I know, I'm being oversensitive. But this one just didn't sit well with me somehow...
Comedians are always skirting that line between what is funny and what is offensive, which is difficult because that varies from person to person. I've seen people get offended over a rape joke about rapeseed oil because of their personal experiences, even though it was between two fictionalized seeds.
In this case, I don't think that there is too much to be offended about, since it is an absurd situation with an obvious joke attached and doesn't contain anything graphically offensive. Still, you certainly have the right to be upset with it, and you might want to write to the creator of the comic strip.

Dec 14, 2009
ajemas said:
Jandau said:
Comedians are always skirting that line between what is funny and what is offensive, which is difficult because that varies from person to person. I've seen people get offended over a rape joke about rapeseed oil because of their personal experiences, even though it was between two fictionalized seeds.
In this case, I don't think that there is too much to be offended about, since it is an absurd situation with an obvious joke attached and doesn't contain anything graphically offensive. Still, you certainly have the right to be upset with it, and you might want to write to the creator of the comic strip.
Or, you know, they could just get over it.

If a person doesn't like a joke, that's fine, but it's not like this joke is over the top or anything, and I certainly wouldn't think it was worth bothering the creators about.

Hell, he didn't even draw blood, what kind of slap worth slapping doesn't draw blood?

Amateur.

Sabrestar

Apr 13, 2010
Clearly, further proof that good old-fashioned Grizzly Bears are superior to Runeclaw Bears.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
ajemas said:
Jandau said:
I'm not upset. I'm not offended. I just don't find the comic funny, mostly due to the subject matter and I posted in the thread dedicated to commenting on the comic to let the comic creator know that I for one did not enjoy this particular strip. I really don't see a problem here...

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
For a minute, I was confused. Then I remembered Erin's co-workers.

What's is Charles problem with Teddy Roosevelt? What did he ever do to him?
For that matter, what ever happened to Penny?

Apr 28, 2008
Also, bearsploitation.

Also, now I'm reminded that Naughty Bear existed. Forgot about that game.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
Jandau said:
Considering how they made it look, with the child crying from the slap and the fathers "I will literally murder you" look, I don't think they were trying to imply it is a good/funny thing

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
Saltyk said:
For a minute, I was confused. Then I remembered Erin's co-workers.

What's is Charles problem with Teddy Roosevelt? What did he ever do to him?
For that matter, what ever happened to Penny?

Charles is a Republican and Penny is a tea party candidate in Georgia. Being obsessed and scary is no hindrance in the tea party, in fact it helps.