Roots

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
Being black myself, this is actually pretty accurate. Not too relevant to me, since I never really caught onto that stuff and never had friends like that...or friends at all...

Wow, I messed up with my social life.

Hey guys, while we're on the topic of characters we haven't seen in awhile and characters we miss, I think it's time we finally addressed the elephant in the room. What the hell ever happened to Erin's job? You know, the whole game journalist thing, kinda helped launched this web comic, had a lot of characters, etc.

Yeah...kinda miss that

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
I'm curious as to where The Berenstein Bears rank in their library. Are they still children's books, sappy allegory, or just terrible literature.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Jandau said:
So, domestic abuse is funny now?
Not as funny as prison rape, it seems...

Anyway..."bears repeating..." *wince*
Nope, not half as funny :p

Seriously, reading through the responses to my post, apparently it's become illegal to dislike stuff...

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Jandau said:
Jandau said:
So, domestic abuse is funny now?
Not as funny as prison rape, it seems...
Nope, not half as funny :p
We know what to get you for Christmas then.
I can't honestly belive that you equate a slightly crass joke where the violence is implied with a visual depiction of a father smacking his kid around. But I suppose as much is to be expected from the internet...

Oh, and the thinly veiled "threat" is in even worse taste. Granted, it's an "internet threat", but still uncalled for...

Feb 13, 2008
Jandau said:
I can't honestly belive that you equate a slightly crass joke where the violence is implied with a visual depiction of a father smacking his kid around. But I suppose as much is to be expected from the internet...

Oh, and the thinly veiled "threat" is in even worse taste. Granted, it's an "internet threat", but still uncalled for...
Why is it an "uncalled for...internet threat" when I use it, but a "slightly crass joke" when you use it?

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Jandau said:

Why is it an "uncalled for...internet threat" when I use it, but a "slightly crass joke" when you use it?
Because I didn't threaten you?

Dec 14, 2009
Jandau said:
Jandau said:

Because I didn't threaten you?
How is he threatening you exactly?

Do you know how sarcasm works?

Bluecho

Dec 30, 2010
It makes sense why bears would find "Teddie" offensive. It harkens back to Teddie Roosevelt, the bear's natural enemy. Calling them a Teddie basically implies they are all Roosevelt's bitches.

These cubs today, they don't remember the Bear Wars. They don't remember a lot of things. Probably wouldn't even be able to tell you who Wojtek was.

Dody16

Jan 24, 2008
do I see a magic the gathering reference in there?
not sure if I'm happy or sad about that... probably both

jFr[e]ak93

Apr 9, 2010
Geo Da Sponge said:
Hehe, is it wrong that I thought that the Magic: The Gathering in-joke was the best part?
That's what did it for me.

OT this one was priceless.